Kevin Garnett in Orange & Blue?

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd give up Marbury for KG in a nanosecond. I'm certain Minny will move KG during the next year, so it would be huge if it were to MSG. We should have the assets to make a trade for him possible.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
If any of you have a membership there i insist in not posting the whole article here. use the pm's for that because you might get in trouble for breaking the copyright rules. or just summarize the story in your own words

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i looked on all the forums i know and nobody seemed to know nothing about this..
not even the hoopsworld forum doesn't have anything about it.. we'll find out more tomorrow for sure, i'm really curious who does this trade involve, players and teams

thanks for the scoop! :)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
My opinion, this is just a rumor but there may be some truth to it. New York is one of the greatest cities in America and many players would love to play in NY. Minnesota is not going to be able to keep Garnett! They have tried and failed to build a team around him for years. It's hopeless. I think the T wolves would definitely expect Marbury in a trade for Garnett... No question! But I do think Thomas would try to trade every one outside of Marbury for Garnet first before finally letting Marbury go. If this is true expect to see a solid three man trade proposed by NY for Kevin Garnett.

Possibilities

3 man trade
Mike Sweetney
Nate Robinson
or
2 man trade
Stephan Marbury
Tim Thomas

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I dont think Minny would give up KG they had one bad year so what he is the best all around player in the league.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Here is a summary of what the article was talking about:

The article was saying that KG could become available to the knicks during the mid-season.
It goes on to explain how both KG and upper management are frustrated with eachother.
KG is mad because he wanted Szerbiak traded and instead they traded his friend Cassell for Jaric. And instead of giving spree another chance, they are going to go after Damian Wilkins and then he lobbied real hard to get Silas in as coach and instead they got Dwayne Casey, Seattle’s asst coach.
He feels that his team now is nothing compared to what he had the last 2 seasons and is back to square one, when he told management that he would stay in Minny if they got him the right supporting cast.
Now the supporting cast is gone.
The new moves bring in players with potential, instead of veterans who can help him win.
On the other hand, Mgt is pissed with KG because he did not make it easy on them to select a head coach as he was pushing for Silas the whole time.
It was also stated that while KG has played 10 yrs in the league already, and over the past 2 seasons, his knees have begun to act up, the wolves mgt. do not want to end up with a “Chris Webber situation” where they have a $20 mil guy with busted knees with 4 more years on his contract.
Minny mgt also learned from the “Vince Carter situation” that the more u hold on to a player that is not happy, the more his value will drop. So they feel that the time is right to trade KG.
They also feel that with KG gone and taking some big contracts with him, the wolves have good upcoming players in Rashard McCants, Griffin who can play the four and Jaric, they can rebuild in a season or two. It depends on how well a start the wolves get off to in the upcoming season that can cause these changes to occur more quickly.

So that now leads to the possible destinations for KG.
His top choices are NY, Chicago and the Lakers.
However, the Wolves will not have KG remain in the Western conference, so unless they get a REALLY awesome trade from the lakers, it is unlikely that they will allow him to be traded there.
Next is Chicago, but it is known that Paxson shies away from huge contracts, something that their management will not be willing to take on.

Lastly that leaves NY, where both LB and Marbury have spoken and lobbied hard for isiah to bring in a versatile big man.
The potential deal has NY offering
TT
Taylor
Penny
2 1st rd draft picks

For
KG
Trenton Hassell
Sczerbiak

The deals works under the salary cap rules and also provides the wolves with 2 expiring contracts and then Taylor’s in the season after as well as 2 1st rd picks.
The knicks do not lose any core players but gain the ultimate PF, a straight dead eye shooter in Scerbiak, who is the perfect replacement for H20 if he decides to retire and a good backup guard in Hassell.

The article also states that NY is the most favorable choice because KG’s marketability will skyrocket and his endorsement contracts will push for him to be in this kind of spotlight, and also because he is still very good friends with Stephon, contrary to what other articles have said about them. He is also good friends with Q and Crawford.
Plus they have a hard nosed defensive and top level coach in LB – whose defensive attitude is similar to Silas, the kind of coach KG originally wanted.
Even tho KG and wally have their issues, the article says that LB is the right man to have them leave all the unnecessary baggage off the court and play as teammates.
The article concludes by saying that it is only a matter of time b4 KG comes to the garden.

Thanks Rady!

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Wow good news on KG coming. We diffently be title contenders with KG. And Marbury will be bak with Garnett!!!!!!!!

We need a deal like this to go down before the season start. And if it does go down ..WOW!

i know im going to see the people who always said

"Ooh i was a knick fan till john starks went 1 for a life time in the finals"

Get back on the knick band wagon :hoops:

But for now im going to wait and hope that deal goes down..

I always had a feeling KG might end up in NY orange and blue

Let's Go KNicks!!

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Imagine getting around manhattan and seeing an advertisement w/ KG in a knick uniform on the side of a building? Imagine we do wind up getting KG, but then he pulls an AntonioMcdyess? That would suck. Honestly, I feel that the '07 Knicks will be an Atlantic div leader. Rebuilding takes time.

Trin_Starr

Starter
When KG signed the contract extension with the wolves, one of his top reasons for signing was that they said they would put the right pieces around him to compete for a championship.
Minny is too cheap to pay for quality players having already signed KG to a max contract, and that is why Marbury bounced.
Had they paid Steph, Minny would have probably won a few championships already.
I am sure KG has realized that by now, that after 10 years of playing in Minny they are never going to pay for the quality supporting cast he needs, so now the time is right for him to leave.

With KG's averages of 23pts, 14rebs, 6asts, 1.5stls and 1.5blks a game - together with Marbury, Q, crawford and LB's coaching - the knicks are instant title contenders

portega1968

El Cacique
Timeout. I believe the speculation surrounding KG being traded is subject to the assumption that Minny's playoff chances are uphill when the trade deadline approaches in February. Therefore, no chance of this happening before the season. starts.

Now, holler if you want to see the Wolves suck this year. If it happens, then I believe we have the assets to get a deal done. We'd be instant contenders plain and simple.