SHOULD Q-RICH START AT THE THREE?

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
I was reading hoopshype.com and they project the Knicks to finish second in the Atlantic. The starters they had were Marbury PG,
Crawford SG, Richardson SF, Sweetney PF, and James C. They had Tim Thomas coming off the bench. Do Y'all think that is the starting lineup Brown will use to begin the season? I think Richardson is better at the 2 than the 3, eventhough I think he is better than Thomas at SF. If Thomas comes off the bench he might hinder Ariza's playing time, who i also like better than Tim. Tell me what y'all think, without the ludicrous trades.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I think Tim will start, due to the fact that Larry Brown loves tall athletic forwards. I wouldnt be too surprised if Ariza gets the nod over Tim, especially for his knack to ACTUALLY play Defense. But I dont believe Q-Rich will get the start at SF nor do i believe he should. we need to get bigger and a 6-5 SF isnt really what i had in mind. My ideal starting 5 (with the roster we have is)...

STARTING/1st to come off BENCH
C Jerome James/Channing Frye
F Mike Sweetney/Maurice Taylor
F Trevor Ariza/Tim Thomas
G Quentin Richardson/Jamal Crawford
G Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
tim thomas shouldn't even be on the team. he shouldn't start either. ariza can become something like a prince in the future. hopefully that can happen. i agree with everything nyknicks said. nate robinson can be another earl boykins

portega1968

El Cacique
If we plan on getting rid of Timmy, then you must start him to up his value Q is better suited at the 2 anyways and Jamal should come off the bench.

If Steph is resting (IMO he should be limited to 33mins a night for his own sake), a threeguard attack with Nate, Jamal and Q may be unstoppable on offense though weak defensively. Nate, Q and Ariza should look interesting also on the break though it would be rare.

BTW, I think Rose will get more minutes than Mo.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
In my opinion, if the knicks are playing a smaller team, q could play the 3, while TT plays the 4.. A very small, quick 3 point oriented line up..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
yea ive been sayin that for the longest time....

to put tim at the 4.......dont bring up hes not a good rebounder.....cuz at the 4 u get more oppurtunities then a sf would get....cuz most pf stay under the basket......plus if givn more starting time he could easitly bring in about 8 boards a game...thats just my opinon......

C-James/Frye
Pf-Timmy/Sweets or put sweets at the 5)
sf-Ariza/Lee/Q
Sg-Q-rich/JC/H20/Marbury
Pg-Marbury/Nate dogg/penny

thats the way id like it to look......but since marbury is the starting sg.....this would be the alternate route(not the acually depth chart)

C-James/Frye
Pf-Timmy/Sweets or put sweets at the 5)
sf-Q/Ariza/Lee/Houston
Sg-Marbury/H20/Q/JC (its better to have jc or q on the bench to provide some scoring.
Pg-JC/Nate dogg/Marbury/Penny

NYKnicks15

Starter
wow a 6'8 Center? No offense to Sweetney but he doesnt have the atleticism to do it nor be good at it.

And rebounding just like Defense is not the ability but the mental choice to and Tim doesnt have that. Q-Rich played SF at 6'5 for Pheonix and averaged 6+ rebounds per game.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
na, if we do then all we would be doing is making the line up smaller and packing it with shooters. we have to avoid a 3 guard line up, so we should start tim thomas at the 3 for size, key match ups, and rebounding. its best to have crawford make our bench one of the deepest in the league.

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
i think that should be the starting lineup. Even though Q-Rich is good at 2, we have to use him as 3 because if its like that, there could really be 3 guards on the court and thats what the Knicks need.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
thats the problem, we shouldnt have 3 guards on the floor and thats what we need last, a shoot first team that plays no d. we need to slow down and distribute the ball, and of course play phenominal defence. the first step toward that would be start thomas at the 3 and rose at the 4, for now at least. yes, rose is defensive minded and can rebound, but a 6'7 power foward aint going to cut it

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I just want to comment on Hoop HYPE! The name says it all. No way NY's coming out as the number 2 seed in the east. Not with this line up. As far as Q Richie's spot. I think Thomas will start at SF. It's the best way to gain trade value for him. Although Richardson is very capable of playing SF, I like him better as a shooting guard. But if you guys can think back nearly two months ago, it was suspected that Marbury would start at 2. I think that causes much confusion, though Steph would be great at 2, who will the point guard be? Honestly, I think to only way Rich would start over Crawford is if he played the SF. Didn't dude have some kind of back condition? Really it's a toss up!

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
tim thomas definitly couldnt rebound enough to play sf, i agree. He doesn't have the rebounding mentality which is sad becuz hes decently athletic and he has size. He's still a good sf. Last season timmy finished strong. He proved he can score. Still, they should split his time at sf with Ariza. Q Rich should play the 2 and marbury should play 10 minutes at sg and 30 minutes at pg. In the 18 minutes Marbury is moved from point guard or on the bench, nate robinson should play pg and Crawford should split with Q-rich.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
I just want to comment on Hoop HYPE! The name says it all. No way NY's coming out as the number 2 seed in the east.

It didnt say in the east. It said #2 in the atlantic. We still have alot of work to become #2 seeds. Personally I think Q-Rich should come off the bench, as the 2. He's very versatile and would cause problems on the offensive end, 4 other 2 guards coming off the bench. As much as I would like to see Ariza start at the 3, he isnt experienced enough. He's getting there but its gonna take time. I think the starting line-up Brown is most projected to use would be

PG- Crawford
SG- Marbury
SF- Thomas
PF- Rose
C- James

But thats just my opinion..

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
hopefully timmy did some "fine-tuning" during the off season. he has a great build, he just needs to work on his consistancy.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
Jazzyknicks33 said:
tim thomas definitly couldnt rebound enough to play sf, i agree. He doesn't have the rebounding mentality which is sad becuz hes decently athletic and he has size. He's still a good sf. Last season timmy finished strong. He proved he can score. Still, they should split his time at sf with Ariza. Q Rich should play the 2 and marbury should play 10 minutes at sg and 30 minutes at pg. In the 18 minutes Marbury is moved from point guard or on the bench, nate robinson should play pg and Crawford should split with Q-rich.

i disagree. steph shouldn't play both positions in one game like that. its gunna screw up his rhythm and its gunna be hard for him to focus. he's not versitile enough to play a lil bit of sg and then pg. we should juss stick steph at pg. and then have Q at SG (jamal #1 guy off the bench) ariza 3, mo 4, jj 5.

portega1968

El Cacique
Would Timmy's value increase as a starter more than if we feature him off the bench? Maybe pitching him as a strong 6th man instead of a so-so starting SF may bring us more trade value come February.

Isiah's and Larry's opinion on this tidbit will determine if Q starts at the 2 or 3.

All this confusion would be laid to rest if we get rid of TT, Penny, Jamal and Sweets in favor of proven big men, say Curry and Gasol which I think are on Isiah's hitlist.

By March, starting 5 of Steph, Q, Ariza, Gasol and Curry,