2 More Offseason Moves?

Would you like these offseason trades to occur?

• YES, to both of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, get Curry but NOT Snow

• NO, get Snow but NOT Curry

• NO, to either of them

• Total voters

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
yo if u acually red all my post u would of seen i dun said i wus a lil out of line wit da wholel laugin part and i did apoligize......

and i never said he said to trade bof of them for just curry.......i said they wouldnt take any of them for curry......if i said the word both i ment both by saying that they wouldnt take neither of them....

and i only had a prollem wit 3 people here

nyknicks......all because for sumreason he dont like me cuz i said that his trade proposal sucked

donchris-but i think that passed.....

and nyk33334- cuz he just came at me from no where in erry 1 of my posts harrisn me say **** ta me cuz i like tim thomas......w/e

ok so lemme get this straight......the bulls would want a undersized pf who is getting old for a big strong youthfull pf whos heart condition is not a factor like u said...so hes normal

or mo taylor.....who is a pre good scorer....but is slow fat and dont play D.......who is gettin up there in age......IS INJURY PRONE.....so they would want him for curry right?

if currys heart condition wasnt a concern then y would the bulls want to trade him?

draft picks would make sense......maybe i read over u saying that

"Scott Skiles is NOT fond at ALL of Curry "
din no that

like i said earlyer if his heart prollem wus not a concern......then the team doctors would no this....and the gms would no this.....so then y isnt n e one pursueing him then........he has a health risk that could be worse then urs.......maybe its not just heart arrhythmia

like i said on that last page......the whole laffin at u wus overboard....but the trade would still never happen unless we gave up michael sweetny

the bulls would NOT want malik or taylor......they have a young player RIGHT NOW....who already proven he can produce.......

and jabalo its coo i dont take it as an attack.....i appreciate that u said it calmly instead of sayin....

"ill shut u down son"

NYKnicks15

Starter
knicksfan20 i hate you ;) hahah

anyways, interesting back and forth statements from NYTimes aswell as Chicago papers such as Tribune...

Paxson says hes "not interested in getting rid of Curry" yet is sending out feelers to such teams as Denver and Memphis.

The main pursuer is our new york knicks who seem to be badgering Jim Paxson. It seems there most recent proposal was a package including Mike Sweetney but Paxson had turned us down.

KEEP YOU UPDATED!!!
thanks to nydailynews for the information...

NYKnicks15

Starter
pondering around the idea of a package for Curry I came to a few ideas, one i cant seem to lose focus on...and even though Paxson says "we dont want to sign/trade him" its BS GM's say stuff like that so they can get the best offer possible...

i love sweetney but it seems hes in it no matter what way you look at it..

Curry wants a long term contract starting at 10 million a year. so why dont we give him that!? I know its a risk but hear me out first...hes willing to sign a 5.14 million dollar ONE YEAR deal with Chicago then go on free agency the following year...so why dont we give him the 10 million ONE YEAR deal and if it doesnt work out we have him to sign and trade next year...and if he doesnt want a one year deal you give it to him with options...

So Curry signs for 10 million with a team option on the following year..
We package Mike Sweetney & Maurice Taylor for say Eddy Curry & a first round pick? if there not willing to do that a lesser player like Eric Piatkowski and we add on a first rounder...

as KnicksFan20 said you have to think what the BULLS want aswell..
would they want Sweetney & Taylor for Curry?

i have a feeling atlanta could offer Al Harrington for Curry though...

any input on my idea?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Everyone seems to be down playing Curry's heart condition. I read above the comments made by #15 and I'm sure you know alot more about it than I do but I would think a heart condition, no matter how benign, would be a greater issue for an athlete. since running up and down the court puts a strain on the heart. We can go back n forth with all of this and once again i'm in the minority, but I think Snow would be good for the team. Every one on this site and every one calling them selves "Knicks Fans" rejoiced when Larry Brown became our coach and now it seems that fans have the nerve to question his every decision! If Brown wants Snow then Brown gets Snow. At least he does in my book.

Just a reminder, Moving Iverson to the two guard worked in Philly, so that leads me to believe that moving Marbury to the two guard may work for NY. I'm not saying that Snow is the answer for us, but he's not that bad of a point guard. I would think NY fans would see that sense most of you seem to have soooo much luv for scrubs!

I've said it before "this team is not that good!" We start guys that in no way would start for other NBA teams. Sweets is a decent player, a good back up at best. Kind of reminds me of Clarence Weatherspoon. Over weight but slightly athletic.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i would much rather have jamal start at the point then snow.........

yes snow is a good defender.....but wut else exactly can he do?

jamal we no he can score......he will not be selfish at the point guard spot......and he has a deadly crossover witch should allow him to penetrate and kik the ball out to open players or take it him self...

i believe with larry there.....jamal is pressured to play D....and if he doesnt......he easliy will be taken out of his starting spot and placed on the bench.....JC knows this and JC knows he needs to play D to keep his starting job........

also im not against the fact in getting curry...im against the fact that chi. is gonna want alot for him and i dont believe we should give up alot for a risky player.......now if it was say for chandler id be all for it.....y not give them sweets a first rounder (i dont no wut chandlers contract looks like) but y not give up a lil more.....chandler is a great defensive minded player......

i just dont believe that curry is the anwser to our problem........

Ted

Benchwarmer
"yes snow is a good defender.....but wut else exactly can he do?"

Check out #10: Points Per 40 minutes
http://www.82games.com/pairs.htm

I´m not advocating getting him, but he is a good PG.

As for Crawford, the guys been selfish his whole career I´ll have to see it to believe it. Same goes for penetrating, all I saw him do last year was take 3s so I´m gonna have to wait and see this "deadly crossover" in action. Theoretically, if he is less selfish, smarter, plays D, and penetrates, I like him and Marbury in the backcourt together as pure guards both sharing the responsibilities of a 1 and a 2. The biggest problem with those two, however, is that even if they go out and drop 50 combined the competition drops 55 and the Knicks lose, so who cares that Crawford can score if he shoots under 40% and is a terrible defender. This may change under Brown, but we´ll have to see.

Curry I have mixed feelings about: I think the Knicks´two bigger weaknesses are defense and ball-movement and he would negatively impact both (http://www.82games.com/rosenbaum3.htm) , but he gives the knicks their first low-post scoring threat since Ewing.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
And the battle wages on!

ONe thing I do know is if we get a good Power foward we're in. I don't want to hear any more about Sweetny. I do think with Curry we can defeat the Pistons. Curry and James together sound like a dominate force to me.... At least on paper. You may be able to tell I've rethought my posistion on Curry slightly. I mean he's no Garnett but he can help us. The question is how much money is he worth?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NO TO CURRY!!!!

Why would you want a player that has a health condition? Especially one as serious, never mind a potentially “career ending condition”, as Curry has. There is a reason he can't get insured and the Bulls are going to want something in return. I do not see the logic in giving up any warm body for someone who has a potentially career ending ailment. Why, just because he has potential? If that's the criteria for taking a risk, we should have got Kwame Brown! We should have just given Washington QR and be done with it.

Snow is a little on the pricey side but has a tremendous upside. He is a tenacious defender; just look how he baffled Payton in the finals a few years back. He has good court vision and while he has a limited range, he doesn’t always force the 3 point shot… like some NY point guards….. Snow is someone that the Knicks could use. Unlike some of the other high priced players we have, he would actually produce! NY would warm up to him very quickly!

Whether we get snow or not, we shouldn’t make any more moves until February! Unless a sweet deal falls in our laps, we will get the best value then.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
well, i do agree that the bulls are a "stingy" team when trading away their talent. they had little interest in keeping crawford, and still they gave isiah a pretty hard time. i remember isiah didnt want to include mutombo, but they insisted. there were a lot of other little nuances that the bulls made sure worked in their favor. and all along, they were probably thinking, we dont even care for crawford much. and no other team in the nba was really that interested in crawford at that time anyway either.

so, that being said, even though curry has a minor health problem, doesnt want to be in chicago, chicago doesnt really want him, etc...i still think we will have to give up a lot to get him, just becase the bulls are the bulls and the knicks are the typical overspending, optimistic team that many other teams often take advantage of when making trades.

if all we have to give up is rose or taylor or penny or anyone like that and any kind of package with them, im all for it. who wouldnt trade those scrubs to get curry?

but, more realistically, i think a package with sweetney will be most likely part of the deal.

if we have to give up sweetney and a 1st rounder for curry, which i think is something along the lines of what chicago might ask, then i dunno...its really not that great of a trade. sweetney has good character, is a hard worker, and really is a little underrated just because of his lack of athleticism and his body type. sweetney is a good rebounder, curry is not. this team will have enough offensive punch, we dont really necessarily need a high scoring big man.

sweetney for curry straight up is fine with me. sweetney and more is starting to ask a little bit too much. any of our expiring contracts of other big man for curry is perfectly fine with me...

in fact...i havent checked...but if chicago wants to dump salary, maybe we can give them a penny or tiny tim for one of their bad contracts (if they have any) and curry...maybe if they are a really cheap team and just want to cut payroll they will be intersted in doing something like that...

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
wait we do have a pf....his name

Channing Frye! He is an outstanding player, he has a pre good body(not in a gay way...u no wut i mean), he can shoot, post up, drive, run the floor, play some D, block shots....and with a lil help....he will be able to rebound......having his athetisim under the boards should give him good rebound oppurtunitys....so y not start him......

his main problem that ive seen is that he is a lil 2 agressive and he gets into foul trouble easy (u cant relly determine that cuz summerleague refs are morons)

But frye imo can start RIGHT NOW........well maybe not right now.....i wanna see him in preseason first.....but if he duz in fact do well in preseason...starting frye would be our best option

Ted

Benchwarmer
"Paxson wasn’t happy that Curry’s agent, Leon Rose, floated a story to certain media outlets over the weekend that the New York Knicks are interested in trading for Curry. The idea is laughable, since the Knicks don’t have any players to trade that would interest the Bulls.

Paxson said he has no idea what New York’s alleged contract offer is worth and he has not spoken to anyone from the Knicks this summer about trading for Curry. Rose has not responded to several phone messages."

Daily Herald

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
2 things

To KnicksFan20, Frye is 6'11", 248.... Who is he man handling in the NBA??? He needs to BULK and then add some bulk to that bulk. Have you been watching any of the LasVegas games? He has been getting pushed around by a combo of draft picks and scrubs never mind banging with 1st string players!!! I like Frye, and I do not want to come off as Frye bashing. I think he has tremendous upside but he will need time and development. Right now, we have a million bodies for the 4 spot and none are dominate and most are undersized!! The only thing positive about our 4 spot situation is when 1 guy fouls out, we just roll out another guy.
As far as curry is concerned, the olny body I would trade for him is Rose. I would throw in a draft pick, but that's it! The dude has a seriuos heart condition. The gamgle the Knicks would be taking is tremendous!!! If we could insure him, that would be a different story, but then again, Chicago would want to keep him as well.
Listen up my fellow Knicks fans!! We are just, imo, 2 players away from being a force in the NBA! We finally have some chips we can use to land those players (draft picks, expiring contracts and young cheap talent) and they should not be wasted! Curry would be wasting those chips! Chicago would like nothing more than to dump this guy, but he has 1 year on his contract, so it might be better for tham to pay him for the 1 remaining year than taking back a worse contract for him. IMO, Curry will stay in Chicago. Let's wait to see if KG or Gasol goes on the block!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i never said he would man handle n e one

1.He is very athletic...he can guard quick defenders and move on defense real well......

2.He is a pretty good shotblocker

3.From wut i saw in the summer league...he was not getting pushed around.........someone would backdown then instantly a foul was called.....the officials in the summerleauge basically suck

4.He can run up and down the court witch would fit in perfectly if indeed we had a run and gun offense witch i doubt would happen (i think we would be that way with our bench (Q,Ariza,Frye,Nate) )

5.He has a good shot witch can allow us to run the pick and roll again this year witch seemed to work last year he also is a sure FT shooter

Im not saying hes gonna be dominate or hell grabe 12 rbs a game.......i think he can be a good starter and contribute......unless sweetney put on sum muscle and lost sum fat then id start frye over him in a sec. depending on how he looks in preseason of course

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
I love how Frye had double digit fouls. I thought it wuz hilarious watching the refs kall fouls on Channing after everyother possestion. In won't be too funny watching Frye foul out every game this season. It really depends on his playing time. From what we've seen so far, Frye isn't so bad. Eventually he will develop his game, and perhaps he'll be an equivalent to Curry or Chandler. I doubt Brown will start Frye, yet, unless there's progress being made that we don't know about.

Ted

Benchwarmer
The biggest knock on Frye is that he needs to be tougher, is there a better place to improve your toughness than in a league where you can´t foul out and the whole point is for young players to work on their weaknesses?

Will he start as a rookie? I don´t know, but it´s not as if he and Herb Williams didn´t know that you can´t foul out of summer league games.

NYKnicks15

Starter
knicks_logo.gif

OFFSEASON MOVES
CONTINUE...
Well seeing the original two offseason moves I posted about or done this topic should be locked. Done meaning ONE (curry) being complete and TWO (snow) not happening!..Funny story, Eric Snow had been taking reporters to the side and telling them "I'm not being traded" after theyd report rumors on him going to NY..Anyhow, I think theres a few more moves coming along here, so we can still talk about them here...

antonio_davis.jpg
---Davis not happy with the move to NY for multiple reasons (family,home,age) wants a buyout on his contract. Brown seems to be upset with the decision being very fond of Davis and his potential leadership skills to a young squad (not including Houston or Hardaway who arent very leadership oriented).. Isiah has responded to rumors of that by stating "He has no choice. This is not charity"...

jackie_butler.jpg
steven_barber.jpg
otis_george.jpg
matt_barnes.jpg
---If Davis' contract is boughtout that clears 2 roster spots, one destined to go to Center Jackie Butler...the other a battle between SF Matt Barnes, F Otis George & PG Steven Barber..word has it Barnes is leading contender for the job having the most NBA experience and defensively minded style of game

NYKnicks15

Starter
knicks_logo.gif

OFFSEASON MOVES
QUESTIONS...
It seems rumors circulate around the Knicks 24-7 in New York and also for sorry teams trying to create somewhat of a buzz around themselves for media and PR reasons, and we all know that. We're comfortable with that, we know thats part of being a Knick fan and players/coaches know thats part of being a Knick. But I want to take a look at a few rumors and ask, if any of the rumored trades DO happen or WOULD of happened...how much would you have liked them??? "Genious" Peter Vescey of the New York Post gave us an "inside" on trades that could of or will happen...

eric_snow.jpg
---"""In view of the Knicks' lack of leadership and delinquent defense at both guard slots (and beyond), it's logical to expect Eric Snow to show up sooner than later now that Eddy Curry is on board. His care-taking of the ball alongside Allen Iverson worked wonders for Larry Brown and it stands to reason the veteran, currently competing with Damon Jones for the Cavaliers' starting point guard position, would be perfect opposite Stephon Marbury. Snow's straight-forward style would also accelerate the team's progress in adapting to Brown's personality."""

theo_ratliff.jpg
darius_miles.jpg
---"""THE KNICKS were re buffed by the Blazers in their attempt to ob tain Theo Ratliff (who developed into an All-Star under Larry Brown in Philly) and Darius Miles. Portland may have been a bit tempted to trade Ratliff, had Isiah offered Tim Thomas instead of Penny Hardaway. Then again, it's hard to believe Nate McMillan would consent to dealing his best shot-blocker and rebounder when much-improved backup Joel Przybilla can't be re-signed until the summer. Miles is being counted on to carry the team's offense and, therefore, is untouchable."""

al_harrington.jpg
---"""Al Harrington is another tantalizing target of the Knicks, to name one of about 20 teams. The arrival of Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams figure to make Isiah's former pet Pacer largely extraneous, yet it's doubtful the Knicks have fair compensation to exchange"""

george_lynch.jpg
---Hornets 12 year veteran forward, who has been banned from practices, is forcing a trade to a "title contender". Larry is said to be interested though and mite ask Isiah to pursue Lynch who played for him in Philly. Lynch is in the last year of his contract (3.2 million)..

if any of those could happen? or would have?...do you think any of them should? I personally think we should stick with what we have, see what we got, why keep making moves now that we are pretty much set in every position? i know its just media on a slow news day taking out their agressions (probably something to do with their mothers) on isiah for future "wrong doings" and ruining the Knicks yadda yadda yadda. Anyhow what do you guys think..??

P.S. Vescey goes on in the article about how Isiah disclosed to the doctors names under suspicious reasons and he's playing with someones life etc. (oscar worthy stuff) and how saying Isiah will now try to sign Turiaf (of the Lakers w/ a bad heart)...P.S.S. I use the term "genious" very loosely, a matter of fact I referred to a piece of dog crap I found on the side of the road today as "genious".

ny3nyk

Rotation player
george lynch a no-no, a 35 year old f, we dont really need him at this point because we are pretty deep in every position. q, ariza, and even lee could play the sf. i would like miles, but dunno what we could have to offer portland. harrington could be nice, but we'd get another undersized pf, unless crawford comes off the bench and harrington starts at the 3

Al Harington?

Should the Knicks get AL harrington?
The best trade is that Knicks get Harrington from hawks for Malik Rose and Trevor Ariza. The trade benefits both teams and makes knicks a sick team.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
ABSOLUTELY NOT trevor ariza is the future of this team ,he could really be something special, if the knicks trade him it will be the stupidest thing they could do at this time. Harrington is an average guard at best. Let nate develop into the starter. We dont need to do anything else to this roster unless we could bring in a good defensive player for almost nothing. Ariza, nate, frye, lee, and all our young guys should be untouchables, unless its for the likes of KG (which will never happen)