2 More Offseason Moves?

Would you like these offseason trades to occur?

• YES, to both of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, get Curry but NOT Snow

• NO, get Snow but NOT Curry

• NO, to either of them

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
first of all Al harrington is an efficient Small Forward..hes not strong or long enough to play the PF nor does he have the shooting ability to play SG.

He has a 6.875 expiring contract and salary wise that Malik & Trevor trade would work...but why would we want that? why would they want that? For them they get the type of player they want in Trevor but they also get a 3 year contract for a style of basketball they dont play...and al harrington (great player) just simply not worth Rose & Ariza.

would i like harrington on the team? sure. but it kind of throws us off whack depth wise and id like to sit back (for the moment) and see how training camp and the season before trade deadline goes before we make anymore big moves.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Just read a rumor that Wilcox & Maggette are on the block. I don't know if the numbers work, but if there is any legitimacy to the rumor, I would love to see a trade of Crawford + Penny for those two.

With Sterling always looking to save money, I'm sure Penny's expiring contract will look extremely enticing. The Clips just signed "The Cat" to play the two and they just drafted the Kirilenko clone to play the 3. Crawford will give them a viable back-up at the two and possibly the 1 if Livingston is still not able to run the pt effectively off the bench or if Sam I Am is injured as always. Penny has played decently at the 3 for us and I'm sure he'll be equal to or upgrade over anyone they have

Imagine this starting line-up:
PG: Marbury (Nate)
SG: Maggette (H20)
SF: QRich (Ariza)
PF: Wilcox (Frye)
C: Curry (James)

I think that would immediately put us into the top 5/6 in the East only behind: Pacers, Heat, Pistons, Cavs and Nets. I only put Cavs & Nets ahead b/c with LBJ's supporting cast, this might be the year he earns MVP and the Nets have had longer to gel as a team.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes maggette and wilcox are on the block and it is said a Pierce for Maggette trade is in the works...

i dont want part of wilcox and not really maggette either if the rumors are true..the reason they are on the block are Wilcox cause of his poor attitude and his legal issues (the gun incident) and Maggette because quote "hes not smart enough to remember the plays"...i dont think larry nor Isiah would put up with these guys..and another poor attitude or someone with the low IQ or lack of motivation to remember plays are two ppl i dont want to add to the knicks..

PS. the numbers dont work in the trade. and im not sure hes anylong looking to save money with the free agents acquistions of Mobley, McCarty and White..it makes you think he isnt..maybe thats just me tho

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
The only thing I like about Maggette is that he constantly gets to the line, something I like in a 2 guard. Wilcox is big and physical but he lacks any real offensive game, and Brown likes 4's that can shoot. I wouldn't mind Maggette on the squad as long as we don't give up any youth.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I know that Wilcox has a rep for having a bad attitude and he also has off the court issues, but when Brand was injured last year Wilcox filled in more than admirably. He is super athletic and would be great compliment to Curry in the post. He could be that bruising, no-nonsense PF that we need to do some dirty work in the paint. No one ever knocked him for his heart. I don't know if you remember his days in Maryland but he was one of the major reasons they won it all his senior year.

As for Maggette, I dunno if I buy into all of that "low basketball IQ". The guy has been in the NBA for a few years now and has been becoming increasingly better every year. I'd much rather have Maggette over Crawford and his erraticness.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm interested in trading with the Clippers, but a totally different scenario:

Clippers get:
Stephon Marbury (lives in LA)
Trevor Ariza (from LA)
Channing Frye

Boston gets:
Magguette
Crawford

NY gets:
Paul Pierce
Shaun Livingston
Elton Brand

NY Starting 5:
Curry
Brand
Pierce
Qrich
Livingston

Bench
Nate
James
Rose (3 years)
Mo (two years)
Allan (hopefully retires)
Penny (one year-trade bait)

Please don't kill me guys. It's all pure speculation and salaries probably don't work. But, Nate at SG and Livingston at PG would be a backwards backcourt, huh? jejejejjejee

How bout then we trade QRich and change for Artest, then we'd really be set!!!

Truth is, let's stick to what we got and build some cohesion, leave any trading for February.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i do not like that at all...

i hope we go out and get d-miles........put jc on the bench put houston on ir start

C-Curry
Pf-Frye
Sf-Miles
Sg-Q-rich
Pg-Marbury

that is a pretty good defensive team and offensive team.....

i would love to see dmiles in orange and blue....reunite him back with Q

double the fists = double the head banging :)

NYKnicks15

Starter
according to "sources" the Knicks are trying to acquire Center Theo Ratfliff from Portland. Supposedly we made a heavy offer late last week for the big man..

Theo is a 10 year veteran who has played for Larry in the past..also who Larry has traded away in the past. great shotblocker, horrible jumper. Ratliff makes 11.6 million for three more seasons.

Portland is trying to go in the young, athletic, wants to play in Portland type of team to bring back their "good name". I really cant see a deal working, and not too sure if id want one too.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 said:
according to "sources" the Knicks are trying to acquire Center Theo Ratfliff from Portland. Supposedly we made a heavy offer late last week for the big man..

Theo is a 10 year veteran who has played for Larry in the past..also who Larry has traded away in the past. great shotblocker, horrible jumper. Ratliff makes 11.6 million for three more seasons.

Portland is trying to go in the young, athletic, wants to play in Portland type of team to bring back their "good name". I really cant see a deal working, and not too sure if id want one too.

I am a big Darius Miles guy. I think with a change of venue and coach, he could be the special player that he was speculated to be when drafted. Ratliff would be a plus since he is a blue collar type player and likes to bang down low and his game is Brown's type of game so he would be a fit. he only thing is, who do we trade? Who does protalnd want... Salary relief or Talent. THe knicks could provide salary relief but what talent do we give up? I think they would want QR in the trade. Since Portland is in the west, his run and gun style might be better suited for them. I would much rather give up JC as one of the components than QR. Thought?

NYKnicks15

Starter
i dont believe we will get miles with ratliff, no way, and if we happen to itd have to include either Q-Rich, J-Craw, Double J, or Ariza..

if we get Ratliff im thinking either they want salary relief (from Ratliff's 3 year deal) AND a young player they can keep...OR from looking at their roster a Center...

so the relief scenario would be Penny Hardaway and say Jackie Butler for Theo Ratliff....if its the we want a Center deal itll prolly be a Double J and say Malik for Ratliff..if they really want to clear cap for the future and also get a quality player, it could actually be Ratliff/Miles for Hardaway/Q-Rich which sucks...cause i dont want to part with Q but i know Crawford wont leave prollly cause of Curry. who knows maybe a Hardaway/JJ/Butler for Ratliff/Miles could work..who knows..hell it could be Taylor/Brewer for Theo im not sure..

all i know is im scared... :?

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this possible trade from a source other than Peter "if it sells I'll say it" Vecsey"?????
I would love to see James out of here...if he stays I think there will be a post with 110 replies by Thanksgiving...all saying he is a big, fat bust...
Ratliff might be injusry prone....but he is a hard worker and a professional (which is why Portland might dump him)....
But why, oh why, would Portland take on his contract...it doesn't make sense...I could see this trade happening other ways...but not with JJ