Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Knicks should be right where they are

• No, they should be worse than 20

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
Our beloved New York Knicks have been placed at Number 20 in the NBA.COM offseason rankings..

We are only above New Orleans, Charlotte, Atlanta, Portland, Toronto, Utah, Orlando, LA Lakers, Memphis and the LA Clippers.

Teams like Milwaukee, Boston, Philadelphia, Golden State ahead of us?!?!

Honestly I think we should be placed around the 15 spot. Maybe it's just me..

NBA RANKINGS

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
cmon guys b reasonable.. those teams up there are looking pretty good i think the knicks are good at where they stand. Maybe 19 cuz i believe the knicks can beat the 6ers

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
we shouldn't be any higher than 20, yea possibly higher than the 76ers at the most. everyones overrating the knicks here....let's get real people we don't have an amazing team. we're average or below that

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i believe we are in the 13-16 range.......i believe we have a real good squad.....and wit larry brown runnin things.....we should have a more then decent chance

NYKnicks15

Starter
thats the kind of good post i would like to see more often from you man :)

on subject though...hes right look at us! Were not that bad of a team and im not an optimist by any means but look at us.
Jerome James, Channing Frye, Jackie Butler, Mike Sweetney, Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, David Lee, Tim Thomas, Trevor Ariza, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, Allan Houston, Penny Hardaway, Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson...we have a good core guys...

Spurs, Heat, Pistons, Rockets, Indiana, Pheonix, Kings, Mavericks, Nuggets, Sonics, Washington and Cleveland should be ahead of us TRUE but cmon New Jersey? Boston? Golden State, Chicago, TWolves? That is what optimism is guys...

Sure New Jersey has Kidd, Carter and Jefferson but who plays the front court? Krstic? Robinson?...Boston? LaFrentz & Pierce arent really Shaq & Kobe. Chicago are a bunch of rookies with no experience GOOD? YES! but could be easily misplaced. and the overly optimistic Twolves? Olowokandi, Garnett, Sczerbiak, McCants and Jaric? and the worst of the worst? they pick of ANDREW FRIGGIN BOGUT and now their great??? hell no...

o still think we could make that 13-16 range

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
On my post before, I said that the Knicks are underaverage and they should be where they are at #20, but I take that back after I read NYKnicks15's post.

Honestly as much as I hate New Jersey, I think they're ahead of us at this point. Their trio is pretty darn good. Not saying this is the only reason, but J-Kidd can conduct his team far better than our PG.

We should definitely be above Philly, Boston, Minnesota, and Milwaukee. In my opinion, Chicago is hard to say because they get better every year just from development, but we can say the same to the Knicks this year, and Sweetney and Ariza should be better than last year. And about Golden State, as it says in the power rankings, if Baron Davis can stay healthy, they're above us. So overall I would say 15th or 16th should be where we're at at this point.

Sorry guys to anyone I disagreed with, but I've been a pessimist on offseasons ever since Mcdyess came and disappointed us :?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
something that really ticks me off... seattle is way ahead of us! makes no sense at all! they lost ltheir key players (i.e james, daniels, mcmillan, radmonavic probably, and signed ray allen to a fortune!) everybody seems to think allen ridnour and lewis can carry that team on their shoulders. well im tired of critics and analysists thinking the knicks are just some filler team in the league and cant go anywhere. lets see the look on their faces when we win 45

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
also the nets have 3 stars and 3 of those 3 stars have injury prone pasts

1-jefferson was out most of last year
2-carter has had numerous injury problems with toranto
3-kidd....um hes basically an allan houston right now

kristic is a pretty good player......he is a bit soft....but he will be a pre good player....but besides that i dont see no depth.....there pick this year looks to be a bust.....and witch them goin to have to go to the bench to start players for the 3 injury prone guys.....they will not do well at all.....

all have pasts besides jefferson......he only had the 1......but he could get injured again

NYKnicks15

Starter
Alright it seems are disappointments were heird and we moved up in the rankings...or maybe just other teams suck more than us..one of the two haha anyhow heres the NEW rankings :)

New Rankings

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i still think well be better then that.......cmon now we are better then the

Warriors
Bucks-omg they got bogut they are the BEST!....NO!
Lakers
Grizzlies-they lost a whole lot....they are nothing
Wizards-With the loss of houghs...i dont think theyll be as good

and then u can make sum arguments that we are better then the nets or will do better.......

NYKnicks15

Starter
i originally said 15 or so and thats where i think we DO stand, no higher until we see us play...

we can arguably be better than Golden State but i think were even...sound familiar? great back court duo? good point guard off the bench? An overpaid center who can only block shots? haha cant say we are better, would like to though..

Milwaukee did pick up that bust to be Bogut BUT they also did get Bobby Simmons and TJ Ford is healthy again. Also small pickups like Andre Barrett and Jiri Welsch...but yes we ARE better than them.

Lakers I wont even acknowledge...

now the wizards and grizzlies i disagree. wizards did lose hughes but no big deal they also picked up Antonio Daniels, Caron Butler, Calvin Booth, Chucky Atkins I'd exchange them for Hughes anyday...and the Grizz well they gained Eddie Jones, my SU boy Hakim Warrick, Damon Stoudamire, Bobby Jackson...sure they lost Bonzi and Stromile (but what did they do but "act" hurt all season) the same with Williams no big loss he was a lockerroom cancer "homeboy" (that clip still makes me laugh) James Posey was there only big loss to me..

when you have a lineup of Haywood, Jamison, Butler, Daniels & Arenas AND a lineup of Wright, Gasol, Jones, Miller and Stoudamire...i think youll be just fine...

so yay to Lakers, Bucks...no to wizards, grizzlies not sure about GS..

so i still say 15

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
Lets be reasonable now. This topic is held in a KNICKS site, nonetheless. Perhaps we're all a little biased. Honestly, I'd love the Knicks to be within the top15, but that's not happening. Teams that don't make the playoffs deserve to stay below. Bottom line, we're not that good.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
We lost one key guy from our last season(Kurt Thomas) and aquired Q Rich Jerome James Nate Robinson Lee Fyre and we got a proven head coash Larry Brown so you can say we improved...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
how can u question golden state? they are a rising team.

they are going to make the playoffs this year, guaranteed, mark my words.

remember that baron davis was hurt for most of last year. take a look at how good their record was when he came back. troy murphy is turning into a solid big man. JR is a much better 2 than what we have. dunleavy is only going to get better.

they have a great team.

the lakers? OF COURSE they should be ranked ahead of us. they have kobe bryant.

the thing about the nba is, if you've got one superstar thats better than 3 above average players. thats why everyone was saying that the heat got the better of the shaq deal...even though the lakers got some pretty good players in odom and butler. thats the problem with the knicks, we have too many average or above average (odom and butler type) players. we dont have true superstars. thats why the knicks suck.

when u dont have true superstars u better have excellent ream chemistry, excellent defense, and excellent rebounding, like the detroit pistons. the knicks have BAD defenders, they have BAD rebounders (james is no good, tiny tim is no good, and if we get curry, he will be no good), and it will be hard to have good chemistry because we have a lot of guys especially at the 1 2 and 3 that demand the ball and take a lot of shots.

the knicks are right where they should be.

a borderline playoff team. that is what they are.

the nets are a SICK team. anyone who doubts them will be wrong. they will win the atlantic. when i thought they got rahim, i even predicted that they would possibly win the east. im still sticking to it...they are going to big damage in the eastern conference playoffs, even without rahim. they have not one, not two, but THREE potential superstar, all star type players. KIDD IS THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE. he makes everyone around him better. carter and jefferson will feed off him and both will give an enormous high powered offensive punch.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
we are not better than the bucks.

at the 5, bogut is better even as a rookie than james or frye. yes, bogut probably wont be a 20/10 guy ever, but he will be better than what we have.

at the 4, smith, a former #1 pick, is definetely not any worse (probably a little better) than our options of sweetney, rose, or taylot.

at the 3, simmmons is a better scorer and arguably a better overall player than tiny tim.

at the 2, redd is a better overall player easily than qrich, in almost every way.

at the 1, yes, marbury does have ford beat...but ford ia young player who can easily improve his numbers.

the knicks definetely do have a very deep bench, but still, the bucks are a better overall team...i think its fair that they were ranked ahead of the knicks