QuEntin Richardson.. Tuff enough?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
OK, I'll be honest, we've been talking about old news for a while now. I feel it's time to go out on a limb and come up with a few new ones.

Recap: Quintin Richardson was trades from Pheonix to NY for Kurt Thomas as we all know. Q Rich has big shoes to fill. Thomas was with out question the tuffest guy on the knicks squad since Charles Oakley. (If you don't know who Oakley is you must go to bed right away!) So the question that comes to mind is, is Richardson tuff enough. Will he go inside and be some what of a threat or just settle for the open jump shot.
Pros & Cons

Pro: Young and athletic
Con: May be prone to injury.
Con: Married to Singer Brandy. (Good @&$$^ can make your legs week.)
Pro: Last year seasion high 37pts

I'm curious to what u guys think. Some say we don't need another streaky shooter, but I know this kid can dunk is @ss off!

NYKnicks15

Starter
tough enough? tougher than crawford yes! and thats all we need, a stronger more mature Shooting Guard and thats what we have.

his back was a problem but Isiah made sure insurance covered his back and had tests done before he accepted the trade. Thats what made it take 2+ weeks to go through.

not sure if you remember the old Quentin Richardson? the one who played in LA for the Clippers. the "Q-Rich" you are familiar with now is the D'Antoni formed Richardson. the run and gun poor shot selection settle for a 3 or jumpshot Richardson...

the real Richardson is the one from LA. the one who posted up like nobodies business. the one who passed or dribble to create the best shot available. and in the press conference, when acquired, he said the plus side of coming to the knicks is the ability to play his type of game his ORIGINAL style..

with Quentin I see nothing but a plus side. a young, athletic, 6'6 shooting guard, with incredible dunking, posting up and shooting skills..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I never seen Kurt thomas as someone who was "tuff" but to anwser your ? yes q-rich is a quick athletic strong 2 guard/3 who can do it all

he can defend a lil shoot dunk post up and grab some boards........

i think Q will be a great asset to this team

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I think kurt thomas was tough just because he wasn't the strongest, quickest, or most athletic guy but somehow he found ways to be a tough defender and rebounder. I've seen him miss easy dunks which is pathetic for a 6 foot 9 player but i gotta give him credit for how tough he played. At the same time, oakley was much tougher.

I agree about q-rich, hes a better defender than crawford and he'll contribute a lot to the team.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
yea hes tough enough but not at small foward. its time we play our players in their natural positions, and what kind of game they specialize in. i think in getting q-rich we are getting wayyy more than we deserve for kurt thomas. it gives us a versatile guard that is actually BIG and bulky, unlike crawford. i expect richardson's rebounding to go way up

Q .Rich

I think Q was a good pick up for the Knicks hopefully he can help spread the floor...and give us some defense...other than that matador crap H20 has been getting away with for since he came into the leauge..I mean what other college player has played for their father their entire basketball life? But anywho he needs to go back to posting guys up abd banging on the inside and then kickking the ball back out and of course NYK is all about defense kicking the crap out of you and taking it to the whole.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
well think about it this way.. would u rather have nate robinson and Q or an oldd kurt thomas. IMO i dont think kurt thomas is Tuff enough nemore..

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Q is a big strong SG who can rebound shoot and post up. As long as he doesnt chuck up shots like he did in Phoenix, he is good with me. I wanna see him get down and bang around for some boards and inside points. He could have a good inside outside game. Much better than Crawford.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I see the tandem of Marbury, Crawford and Quentin as a HUGE question mark. Between the three of them, they should set NBA records in 3 point attempts and shot attempts in a game! Also, if QR does start at the 3, we will be a very small team from 3-1. If Curry is healthy, stays with the Knicks and sarts at the 5, we will be the worst rebounding team in the NBA. Listen, I am not upset on loosing Kurt Thomas, in the QR trade. The players that the Knicks have used in these trades are, imo, expendable. Sweets is the one that had some type of a defensive game, but I can live with trading him if we get back someone who fills a need. It seems like Isiah keeps adding more and more scorers and chipping away at a team the was bad on D and making them anemic on D! We have a defensive minded Coach and a team that is turing into a run and gun squad. It doesn't make sence to me at all!! Am I crazy or am I seeing things perfectly clear??!!!?? If they Started JJ at the 5 and put Curry at the 4, then we would have some force in the front court. Ariza and QR starting will give us a little more size and gearth at the 3 and 2. While QR and JC are both 6'5", QR is a "bigger" guy. But we really need to add a guy who can defend and he needs to be a 4.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think ariza will soon be at the 3 keeping q at the 2. size isnt really an issue that way and if marbury becomes more of a passing pg the ball should be evenly distributed around everyone. btw i think q is listed at 6'5 but hes still taller and bigger than craw and has a great post up game and is a great rebounder.