NEW YORK LANDS CURRY

NYKnicks15

Starter
Jim Paxson, GM of The Bulls, announced the New York Knickerbockers have landed Center Eddy Curry today. More details as they come in :)

JJtheKnick

Starter
this guy is a toss up we dont know what he is going to give us. when i see the knicks it looks like to me that they have no game plan. they just get people even if it doesnt fit there team.(this doesnt mean curry)

Trin_Starr

Starter
Alot of forums is saying that Paxson felt like he got shafted in the deal and that the curry camp forced him into making the trade - in that case - we probably got Curry in a steal of a deal!!!
keep ur fingers crossed -
any news on who else is involved in the trade????

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I'm just hopin that ariza wasnt involved, that would be a huge mistake. curry is a good scorer but id like to see him rebound better. He'll become a better player playin with the knicks then he wouldve with the bulls. Larry won't put up with his inconsistent defense. Jerome james is beat for his starting spot, i wonder how he feels.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
OH MY GOD! IF THE DEAL INVOLVED LEE, ARIZA, OR TIM THOMAS IM GOING TO HATE ZEKE. seriously though, i had faith in thomas that he would finally have a breakout season under larry brown

sorry for the edit, but that was rough :?

NYKnicks15

Starter
listen im gonna have the details around midnight and ill have the official report posted by tomorrow morning..and the unofficial tonight under this thread...

Paxson was pissed and im happy as hell. screw jim paxson! he wants to play hardball?! He wanted Dikembe? He wanted Frank Williams? He got them both. well heres to you paxson :flippa:

i think since training camp starts this week we will truly know what Curry has to offer us, and what Larry truly thinks of him

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Hell yea i agree, i hope this is the last time they have to deal with paxson
This is 4 u paxson

:moon: :flippa: :evil: :twisted: :blah:

NYKnicks15

Starter
New York will resign Jermaine Jackson and send him along with Mike Sweetney, Tim Thomas and 2 draft picks and recieve Eddy Curry and Antonio Daniels. This not only means we didnt give Curry that huge contract but we get back an expiring veteran F/C contract :)

LOVE YOU ISIAH!!!
suck it Paxson! :flippa:

Thanks to KnickFan20 & Sportsdesk for the help

Trin_Starr

Starter
This is huge!
Isiah practically got Curry for nothing then cause AD's contract is worth $13.9 mil and is expiring at the end of the season!!!!

now about these 2 draft picks - is it 2 1st rounders or a 1st and a 2nd rd?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
they didnt say yet.......this is still not 100% but its prety certain from wut ive heard.........im hoping it wusnt 2 first rounders but it may of been

So far so good but then Jerome James is going to have to be a dominant player out there off of the bench or possibly we could see another shot at the TWIN TOWERS effect.....through Curry at the PF and James as the C..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Its a done deal!

The Knicks will send forwards Tim Thomas and Mike Sweetney, and next year's first-round pick, to the Bulls, according to an Eastern Conference team executive who had knowledge of the deal. In exchange, the Knicks will receive Curry, veteran forward Antonio Davis and possibly draft picks. For salary-cap purposes, the Knicks will also sign and immediately trade guard Jermaine Jackson to Chicago.

The team executive spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal was not yet final.

Precise details of the trade were still being worked, and as of 9:30 p.m. Eastern, the teams had not conducted the required conference call with league officials to have the deal approved. It was expected that it could be completed by Tuesday morning.

"It's a done deal," said Tim Thomas, who had the trade confirmed to him by his agent, Arn Tellem, earlier Monday afternoon.

The deal was contingent on all players passing their physical exams. Curry and Davis were expected to travel to New York on Tuesday for their exams. Thomas said he and Sweetney would be boarding a flight to Chicago on Tuesday, not long after their teammates complete their first training camp practice at the College of Charleston.

Curry was a restricted free agent this off-season, and was a top target of the Knicks, although they did not have the cap room to sign him outright. Had the Bulls not traded him, Curry would been forced to accept the Bulls' qualifying offer of $5.14 million. But he probably would have spent the season on the bench.

Instead, Curry will sign a five-year deal, believed to be worth about $10 million in the first season, and join the Knicks. Curry will be reunited with guard Jamal Crawford, his close friend from their days together in Chicago.

"He's excited, man," Crawford said just after 10 p.m. Monday night, minutes after talking to Curry on the phone. "I'm excited. I can't wait to get started tomorrow."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/sports/basketball/04knicks.html?oref=login

also thanks to starbury on knicks4life for posting this article (i already new the trade just havnt seen it on papa yet)

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
New York will resign Jermaine Jackson and send him along with Mike Sweetney, Tim Thomas and 2 draft picks and recieve Eddy Curry and Antonio Daniels. This not only means we didnt give Curry that huge contract but we get back an expiring veteran F/C contract :)

LOVE YOU ISIAH!!!
suck it Paxson! :flippa:

Thanks to KnickFan20 & Sportsdesk for the help

goodshi*. The deal's still a gamble. It's not like the Bulls got nobody in return. If Curry stays healthy and plays well under brown and the bigmen coach, then Isiah got another steal. So pretty much we got a NY version of Shaq. One guy that can guard him, and one that has potential to be him and its quoted from shaq himself. Isiah had a HUGE offseason. Does anyone know the actual $$$ situation? Where are we regarding the 06-07 Knicks salary cap?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Sources say Antonio Davis will be waived upon passing of the deal. 13.9 off the books for next season and it clears up one roster spot. anyone disappointed? happy? feeling any type of emotion? haha

thwax

Benchwarmer
FINALLY it's Paxson who is angry and on the losing end... finally we don't look so STUPID if Curry is healthy!

So Isiah can play a little poker... hey, he said he wanted to centers, he got them in Curry and James (expensive back up)