NEW YORK LANDS CURRY

NYKnicks15

Starter
From certain reports we now know, Eddy Curry has passed Tuesdays physical and today (wednesday) he will face another set of exams..

Isiah has all the best doctors and knicks doctors on this case. Curry mite have to go under the same surgery Vin Baker did last year. Which will sideline him for 2 weeks. But so far so good, and ill keep you updated.

portega1968

El Cacique
Mad props to Jerome James for supporting Curry's arrival. Larry may opt to put them in the game together on certain occasions (against Miami?). I'm all for keeping Antonio Davis because his leadership would bring a stronger work ethic for our kids and maybe even get Mo Taylor to play some D.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yes ditto to that statement on Jerome James..I keep hearing bout James' attitude but it seems like he is a nice well mannered guy who is trying to learn the game. Good job saying this trade bolsters the roster in the right direction...a statement that all players should agree too! Its now all about team in NY (even Penny's backing the Knicks haha)...

Marbury even said this trade doesnt improve the team, it completes it..

anyhow as i stated in the training camp section, Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis have reported to training camp...two things should be noted here, ONE this is a sign we are keeping Davis for the time being and TWO Eddy Curry has PASSED HIS PHYSICALS!!!! :)

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
in regards to playing curry and james at the same time:

Brown all but ruled out playing Curry and James together. So James will become a $30 million backup to Curry, who has a $60 million contract... via New York Times

and they don't know if curry passed his physical... or the trade would of been announced final with a press conference. i really hope that davis stays, with him sticking around we could rid ourselves of rose and taylor.

NYKnicks15

Starter
unlike first speculated the official announcement of the trade will be held off until 6pm tonight to see if Curry has passed EVERY test. At first it was thought that since he arrived he passed the first set and was just awaiting the second...we will see the outcome today...

antonio davis wants out and will return to chicago. he wants to be with his family there and his mother in law is ailing. he voiced his displeasure and brown was very disappointed by the situation..isiah simply said "he has no choice, this is not charity"....meaning deal with it son..

Trin_Starr

Starter
Isiah is right. If you want to be in the NBA, you got to deal with being traded. Giving away $13.9mil is alot - this ain't charity lol

If he doesn't like it - he might as well retire.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Friday evening I sat here waiting for the word right before the 6 PM deadline. I was wondering and checking. Wondering and checking. Would Curry pass his physical? Would he become a Knick and would this trade happen and work out? Would we get Tim, Sweets and Jackson back? If so who would Isiah pursure to trade them for AGAIN? My heart arrythmia was kicking in myself!!! I got a drink, relaxed, smiled that the Red Sox were about to be eliminated from the playoffs then checked once more...realizing Scott Skiles announced EDDY CURRY PASSED HIS PHYSICAL, HE'S HEALTHY ENOUGH TO PLAY AND HE IS OFFICIALLY A KNICK!!!!! :)

Welcome Eddy Curry to the New York KnickerBockers!

GOOD HAPPY HE'S HERE :hump: NOW WE CAN GET TO PLAYING SOME B BALL ALL THE TALK ABOOUT HIS HEART CAN NOW STOP.I WAS REALLY TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT ..NOW HE NEEDS TO GET BACK INTO GAME FORM :hoops: ..THE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS IS HE HAS BEEN WORKING OUT WILE ALL THIS HEART TALK BEEN GOING ON .....NOW PLAY BALL

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
It's been a long time since we had a big man with legitimate offensive skills, so I am excited by the potential of this trade. I got tired of watching big men from other teams come in and push us around, maybe with James we could start banging other teams down low. Eventhough Curry's not a good rebounder, he is big and athletic and completely solves the biggest weakness we had the last couple of years. And he is only 22, with soft hands. Marbury should average at least 11 assists this year.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Oh yeah, and everybody complaining about Curry's lack of rebounding; remember Nazr was not a good rebounder until he got to the Knicks. In fact Nazr was averaging around 3 points and 5 rebounds with the Hawks. He comes to the Knicks and averages almost a double double b4 he gets traded to the Spurs. It's all about coaching and player development. Curry is only 22, if he went to college he'd be in his rookie season.. Rebounding is about technique and attitude; at the end of the day if he is willing to learn and work hard, at 7 feet and 280lbs he should be averaging around 10 boards b4 he reaches his prime.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
wat u can say about this trade is like we got a 1st overall pick....right now is when curry is suppose to be comin out of college(22 years old)...all we gave up waas michael sweetney and the draft picks that were valuable because we didnt lose an expirin contract(tim thomas) by gettin antonio davis

NYKnicks15

Starter
Jim Paxson has told Sports Illustrated that Eddy Curry had a "scare" at last years training camp, pertaining to his heart..

hmm makes me think of two things here. ONE hes trying to make himself feel like not such an ass for letting this trade go through AND TWO is heart was "ailing" during last seasons camp yet he still played a full season? (minus the final games)...

i dont find this alarming, i find this sort of positive news..anyone disagree? or agree?

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
nobody really knows. probably not even curry.

maybe he was considered lazy because of his poor health anot because of a bad mentality. maybe he really does have a poor work ethic. maybe he will come the knicks and blossom into a dominant 20 and 10 big guy. maybe he will have health problems and retire next year.

but, its the new york knicks, they have a bloated payroll as it is anyway, jimmy dolan doesnt seem to mind giving out his cash, so whatever, its a gamble, and i guess for the knicks its a gamble worth taking, and for many other teams, it wasnt.

i just dont like how isiah gets credit for making this trade. if curry becommes an all star, isiah will look like a genius, and if he retires, isiah will not look too good. in reality, its just a deal that isiah COULD make, and it was a deal he HAD to make. he had to try it. any other gm, if they werethe gm of the knicks, would try, and be successfull, in making the same trade.

i think its a moot point to talk about curry. lets just wait and see what happens instead of playing guessing games all day long. who knows what will happen.

NYKnicks15

Starter
here's a link to an incredible read from ESPN's Scoop Jackson. It goes in detail on how the truth of the Curry situation is actually in with all three sides. He also mentions how Isiah made a good deal in that the first year of Eddy's contract is guaranteed (no matter if he steps foot on court or not) AND the 5 years 10 million a year deal that follows is not guaranteed..if he plays he gets the money if he doesnt he gets the original 10 and walks..great read though, recommend it to everyone. brings sense to the whole situation..

Scoop Jackson's Article

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
LOL! I wish I knew about this website 2 years ago. I was vomiting when I first heard the trade.I knew this was a bad trade from the start. A 5 for 1 deal is a bad deal for anyone, unless they average 20 ppg,10 rebounds(or 6 assists if they are a point guard) and 2 blocks(or steals if they are a guard) is a bad deal. The amount of players and picks Thomas gave for Curry would make you think we were trading for Dwight Howard. He traded Sweetney, Thomas, Jermaine Jackson(3 players) and his 2006 and 2007 draft picks(2 draft picks). The Bulls knew what they were doing, when they did this trade:"squeeze as much as you can out of the idiots."I'm just glad the Bulls didn't use their draft picks wisely, and they didn't draft players that would've made their team better.