Former Knick Retires

NYKnicks15

Starter
Former Knicks Charlie Ward of the Houston Rockets retires...

""There were no tearful news conference, no long farewell. But Charlie Ward confirmed Tuesday that his playing career is over. "It's a transition from playing to coaching, but I still get an opportunity to be around the guys and be able to impart wisdom," said Ward, who began working as a Rockets assistant coach Tuesday. "I could have tried it, but it's a good career move. The move ends a unique playing career that brought Ward from Heisman Trophy winner to a fixture with the Knicks before he signed with the Rockets last season. The damage in his right knee became too severe for him to come back again."I think he should be very, very proud of what he accomplished in his career, because he helped a lot of teams overachieve because of his toughness," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said."He's always underestimated because he didn't have the And1 breakdown game and was very, very humble."But one of the toughest competitors you would ever compete against. We always said Charlie would rip your heart out on the floor and then pray for you after. That's the kind of guy you want to surround yourself with.""

Wish Charlie the best in future endeavors, and despite the marbury trade and the signing with both San Antonio and Houston, Charlie Ward will be a New York Knick for life :)