Do you agree with the new rule?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
New rule in the NBA players can not wear their street clothes any more, and a lot players are upset and saying thats just being racist (Stephen Jackson) (Allen Iverson) (Tim Duncan). I think the players should wear what ever they want, but again the NBA is a business...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
who cares what the players wear. it is a business yes, but they shouldnt have to spend so much time putting on their suit and having to wear it on the plane or bus. a trip from new york to los angeles is 6 hrs, they should wear something comfortable

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think about it in terms of a business. I have to follow a dress code at my job. I wear business casual clothing except on fridays. On many airlines the first class section has a dress code, why not the NBA. These guys are making millions of dollars and they want to b@$$# about wearing a suit. I also don't think its fair to always play the race card. I'm sure in many cases it is true in this league but not in this one. AI's my man but they guy does dress like he's about to knock off a liquor store at times. The suit represents status and professionalism. That professionalism is what should always be brought to the table by an NBA player. I think all players should want to look and act professional. At the very least wear a sports jacket and a T. As specially in this black dominated field. We are expected by many people to look and act like thugs. Why not raise the bar?

NYKnicks15

Starter
i think everyone who says the dress code rules are racist are dumb as **** and very ignorant to the fact of the matter. Sure it has racial undertones but so does everything in life. Hear me out...

First off the players signed off on this. it was part of the new CBA that Antonio Davis is head of. If you didnt want it to happen then you should of went to the damn meetings and put in your two cents. simple as that.

Second sure it says no jeans, "bling" etc and that mite be very well directed at black people (would of said african americans but big ups to Dikembe who is just plain african haha) but heres the thing 80% of the league is black! So everything is of course directed at you when your the majority. Do white people dress inappropriately to games? sure. of course. look at Jason Williams. and last time i checked the word JEANS shoots at all forms of them not just baggy ones. im sure it includes rusty levis as well!

Its funny AI says this is racist and there trying to make it white america whatever or if you put a murder in a suit hes still a murder. well listen up there not trying to make it white america (while the orders are coming from there there not trying to make it that) there trying to give NBA its credibilty back when Magic, Jordan, Pippen and Isiah treated basketball as good as it treated them and looked smooth while doing so. the good ole days when nobody went into the crowds and beat up fans. when Rodman was the worst thing out there. a murder mite be a murder still even if hes wearing a suit but listen if Charles fn Oakley wore a suit to games then im pretty sure AI can do so to.

last but not least, if you consider the dress code racist, then your racist. just because you wear a suit automatically makes you dressing white? no no no. thats wrong to me. very wrong. maybe more white ppl do wear that from time to time, but its because more than often they can acquire it more easily. thats very disrespectful to the black community. just because you wear a suit it does not mean you sold out or your "being white" it means you respect yourself, your trying to set a good example, you try to look smooth and furthermore stylish. to me suits represent class, and i believe like Chris Webber said on Real Time w/ Bill Mahrer last night he remembers a time when Clyde Frazier was the flyest guy out there ;)

and thats wat's good!
~15

I dont know...I think its more of a culture class alot of guys in the days of walt frazier and bill walton what they wore at the time was seen but alot of the stuff shirts as brash flashy and distasteful...lets not forget the zoot suits were not really accepted becaused it looked like pimps...and they didnt like when walton wore jeans with holes in them and dressed like a true hippie. now those same things have been replaced by du rags baggy jeans velour track suits and they dont like it and by they i mean by corporate mostly white fan americans because you see alot of white males wearing "hip hop clothes" and with the baggy jeans and their kids back...then again to call that dressing black in itself is racist but just to say that the clothes are the problem i think is soft and a smoke screen for BS...

HONESTLY IF THE NBA AND THE CORPS ARE SO CONCERNED WITH IMAGE THEY SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT THE FACT 80% OF THE PLAYERS USE AND HAVE USED MARIJUANA...AND SOME HAVE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ISSUES....THAT TO ME IS A BIGGER IMAGE PROBLEM THEY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THEN TASTE IN FASHION.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
kind of realated, marbury got fined $10,000 for wearing his shorts too long.. wow, hes just wearing the shorts that have been given to him, insane did not deserve that fine!