Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SF- Darius Miles

• F-G Ruben Patterson

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
According to the Newark Star Ledger & New York Daily News are both suggesting that The Knicks are trying to pursue a Malik Rose (plus incentives) for Ruben Patterson or Darius Miles..even tho his contract is huge id rather have D-Miles. who wouldnt right?

as the theo ratliff idea has been wiped at the moment, the knicks are trying to show case Malik Rose to TBlazers. but they are not too interested. Theyd rather have expiring contracts. Would anyone else mind sending one of either Penny or Davis to Portland? not me. Davis could then get waived and go back to Chicago and all will be set.

if we get Darius, even tho i have faith in Ariza, this team would be pretty complete.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I don't think the knicks should make any moves right now. They should wait till the trade deadline so they can see how the players are doing at that point. All of the Portland players would only block valuable minutes for knicks young players. I could see why ruben patterson would be a good idea because of his defense but they got crawford lookin better so far in preseason and q-rich might get some minutes at sg to give ariza more minutes also. Bottom line is if they get patterson or d-miles, ariza's minutes will drop either way and id rather see him have the oppertunity to develop.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Anyone who has read my posts know that I would love to have Miles. I think he would be better to start at the 3 and use Ariza as the sixth man. Ariza could play time at both the 3 and the 2. I thought they were actually trying to get both Miles and Ratliff. If so, they would probably have to include QR or JC. Miles D would be welcomed in the rotation, and Brown would love him. He does have a huge contract and 1 year more on it than Rose, but he would be a welcomed member.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think the Knicks should not make any moves with Portland. If they wanna trade for Rose fine with me but anything else involving another play is a straight up HELL NO !!!
They just trying to dump salary and if Miles comes, we gonna end up losing a rookie or Ariza.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Expiring contracts are obviously extremely valuable in this league. The Knicks should show some patience and see what they can do with the squad they currently have. I would love to see what we can get for an expiring contract during the Feb. trade deadline.

If we can dump Rose w/o having to throw in Penny or Davis, then we should do a trade. But I would like to hold onto the contracts until Feb.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i would throw in penny rather than davis. in my eyes davis has been playing ike he wants to stay in ny. and about the miles, patterson idea, i'd go for miles but cmon, he's one of the keys to their offence alongside randolph, what are the chances the blazers will give up miles for rose and some other player(s)?

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
yo the guy from insidehoops.com said it best:

...I don't understand why the Knicks want Ruben Patterson or Darius Miles. Patterson isn't needed, as the team already has Quentin Richardson and Trevor Ariza at small forward, and Jamal Crawford at shooting guard. Patterson adds depth, but depth isn't needed right now, upgrade of players is. And Darius Miles is extremely overpaid. Trevor Ariza is better for the money. The Knicks should keep the expiring contract rather than trading it for players that aren't needed and are either old (Patterson) or overpaid (Miles)...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
KNICKSCALI said:
yo the guy from insidehoops.com said it best:

...I don't understand why the Knicks want Ruben Patterson or Darius Miles. Patterson isn't needed, as the team already has Quentin Richardson and Trevor Ariza at small forward, and Jamal Crawford at shooting guard. Patterson adds depth, but depth isn't needed right now, upgrade of players is. And Darius Miles is extremely overpaid. Trevor Ariza is better for the money. The Knicks should keep the expiring contract rather than trading it for players that aren't needed and are either old (Patterson) or overpaid (Miles)...

I agree for the most part but I am a big Darius guy. I like him and think with the right change of venue and system, ala Brown and the Knicks, he could start to live up to what was expected of him. You know, he was hyped to be the next KG! I am not saying that he would be that, but I think he could be a tremendous player. I do not want Patterson, but I would go for Miles. If they traded an exipring contract like Pennys, Portland would have to add contracts since Penny makes 3 times what Miles makes. I would trage Rose for Miles in a heart beat but why would Portland make that trade? Unless they are so fed up with the antics of Patterson and Miles, I can't see portland making that trade.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I remember when they were hyping Miles as the next KG too. Two reasons why that never happened is A) he looks like he's been the same weight since he's come into this league and B) the guy has absolutely NO shot. The weight issue really affects him. He's rail thin and not strong enough to play against the bigger guys in the post. The fact that he doesn't have a good makes it easier to guard him. No PF would step out more than 15 feet to guard him.

I would not want to see this trade go through.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
how is trading one of our many PFs (so lee gets more time) bad for a starter SF. that way we can have q at the 2 with crawford and ariza off the bench as 1/2 or 2/3.

NYKnicks15

Starter
as of the latest reports it seems Portland either wants a rookie or a veteran expiring contract alla Penny Hardaway or Antonio Davis. the knicks are still trying to shop Malik Rose (who surprisingly Portland is considering prolly with some cash considerations) and Maurice Taylor. The knicks are looking for a starting SF due to Larry wanting Q to play the SG and beliving SF is one of the hardest positions there is and quite a burden on too young guys like Barnes and Ariza (who from interviews is very fond of both)...

i really dont see Antonio being the one shipped off and the knicks arent willing to give up a rookie..so either Malik and some cash considerations or Penny will be shipped soon for Darius Miles

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i wouldnt care if Lee was dealt in a trade to get miles....lee is only a year younger and miles brings so much to the table compared to lee.....i no alot of people here are lee fans.....but Miles can help now and in the future.......when lee can only help in the future

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im a lee fan. the fact that hes a year younger shows how much more mature he is and how much more valuable he would be. our rookies (except maybe frye) are the people i would NOT want to trade to get miles. id trade crawford if theyd take him and put q at the 2. marbury, q, miles, davis/rose, curry with nate, ariza, lee, frye and james as a 2nd team...hot damn

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
doesnt it strike anybody as funny that the knicks are trying to shop malik rose and mo taylor, two guys that we just very recently acquired??? was this part of isiah's big "plan"? i remember the day after he made the trade he looked tired, depressed and defeated.

we dont really have many run and gun big men on our team...you can get so many cheap and easy points in the transition game if u have an athletic squad. thats how the nets with kidd, kmart (and now vince carter) and jefferson won a lot of ball games and will continue to do so.

the only guy i can think of that fits that mode is ariza. if we could get miles maybe we could see marbury, ariza and miles start to resemble the jersey trio. ariza and miles are both good defenders and rebounders. if they could both develop good shots from outside, the sky could be the limit for the knicks.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah craw isnt a great rebounder, same for curry and james. taylor isnt great either. id ship him for miles in a heartbeat. rose is tough and can rebound though so id rather not trade him. davis is also a good rebounder which is key to starting a good break. also nate is a good rebounder. him ariza lee and maybe crawford will be a good fast break team to run with first unit teams possibly.