Petro starting in Seattle?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/246496_sonx31.html

Still, Weiss said he is "leaning toward" starting rookie Johan Petro at center -- something no one would have predicted one month ago. In the interim, Petro became one of the preseason's most pleasant surprises.

At this point, though, it would be premature to say Potapenko has lost his starting position due to injury -- as he did one year ago, when former Sonic Ruben Patterson broke Potapenko's right hand in the final preseason game. Potapenko, then the likely starter, was out for six weeks, during which time Jerome James ensconced himself in the middle.
Weiss said Reggie Evans will start alongside Petro in the frontcourt -- a move that should ensure sound defensive post play, at the expense of increased pressure on Allen, Lewis, and Ridnour to score from the perimeter.

remember all the hype we had about potentially drafting petro....any thoughts on the him vs. frye debate now?

NYKnicks15

Starter
pretty interesting how everyone laughed when I originally got overhyped about this guy during the offseason and suggested we draft him. "hes gonna be like frederick weis" "you cant judge him by that video" "european play is different than nba" "look at his stats their garbage"...not yet time to say "i told you so" but definetely an eyebrow raiser...ill sit back and wait before i say anything else.. :lol:

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Im happy with Frye, and im happy we drafted him, and im happy because if he keeps up the way he is playing he will be a star in this league as long as he gets better(he is already better than half the pf in the league) and puts on sum more muscle

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
channing frye is actually plating the best of all the centers and power forwards drafted before and after him im so glad we got him man that jump shot is sweet and were are all the people on this website that said he is weak there not saying it no more

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
well hes not really a bruiser but im very happy with him. hes a finesse pf who can still rebound, we havent seen that much of a post game from him and we could use it with curry struggling, but jackie has provided that i guess.