GAME THREAD - 11/4/05 - L - Knicks (75) vs. Wizards (86)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:30 PM, Friday, November 4th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (0-2)
stephon_marbury.jpg
quentin_richardson.jpg
matt_barnes.jpg
antonio_davis.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
MARBURY---RICHARDSON---BARNES---DAVIS---CURRY
VS.
wizards_logo.gif
WASHINGTON WIZARDS (2-0)
gilbert_arenas.jpg
antonio_daniels.jpg
jared_jeffries.jpg
antawn_jamison.jpg
brendan_haywood.jpg
ARENAS---DANIELS---JEFFRIES---JAMISON---HAYWOOD

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Wizards Team Stats
Wizards Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

NYKnicks15

Starter
cause larry trusts the shooting and thought process of quentin richardson more than he doesn JC's. blame him? prolly also has to do something with Crawford never being on a team thats won more than 30 games in a season...Q/JC make the 2 spot a deadly bench/starting combo i like it...especially since we have no backups for the SG if we start both JC/Q together this also gives Ariza a chance to start as well as Barnes...

e_D

Benchwarmer
I'll be at this game tonight. I'll try to get as good pictures as I can with my crappy camera.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
Trin_Starr said:
The wizards are garbage - This should be an easy win for our team

dont underestimate the wizards. two all stars: gilbert arenas and antwan jamison with rising star caron butler. as for their bench they are pretty deep especialy with daniels but i dont think its as deep as ours. should be a tough oppenent

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Yea...I really woldn't call the Wizards "garbage" they are a playoff team and have some excellent talent... actually, Knick fans probably shouldn't call any team garbage...at least not until we win our first game of the year...
On another note, am I crazy to say this about only game#2...but, this feels like a huge game of NYK...we need to learn how to win and believe that it is possible...with the schedule we have this month we need to win a game at home like this...otherwise we might be in such a hole by Christmas that our wish will be a good lottery pick...not being negative...just realistic...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah, home game we should win. the wiz are good but def not a top 5 playoff team. we have to win these kinds of games if were gonna make the playoffs

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea i didnt think cameras were allowed either..hmm could be wrong. anyhow the wizards are definetely not a team to underestimate Trin. Haywood, Booth, Ramos has untapped talent, Etan Thomas, Butler, Jeffries, Jamison, Hayes, Daniels, Arenas, Atkins they have a solid 1st/2nd string...now after building them up let me shoot them down right quick...with Q-Rich on Daniels we have a 3 inch advantage that im sure q will take advantage of ALSO NY is 5-0 against Washington in home openers and weve taken 6 of the last 7 against them...hopefully those good odds continue.. :)

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Im tuning into da game right now. The announcer just finished introducing the '06 knicks. did anyone enjoy that intro? kould've done w/o those ppl jumping around in light suits. hope we play a good game and kome out w/ da win.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
close game so far....were out-offensive rebound them, equal turnovers, equal fouls. so far so good. antonio davis has 9 boards so far...dam

Blumatic

Rotation player
what the hell is going on. They shooting in our mouths. Come on guys you have to gut it out. Just gut it.

NYKnicks15

Starter
we killed them on the boards, we had less fouls, only four more turnovers we just didnt connect. the shooting was hideous... 32.9% FG and 20% 3PT and very little assists, 11 to be exact...were now 0-2 i know its early in the season but it still sucks..good night for Ariza though..thats a plus