It will only get worse before it gets better

Blumatic

Rotation player
The Knicks played much better in areas and worse in others. Turnovers are a big problem because they are learning a new system and the team is very new. They cant even run old plays because no one knows the same plays. Everyone on the roster seems off. No one looks comfortable out there. Larry Brown said himself..The Knicks are not ready for opening night, far from ready. They are still not ready. FTs must not be a problem though. That is all on them. This will continue until it clicks. The have to mentally gut it out b/c knowing LB's way will take time, but they just got to gut it out.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
You are right it will be tough for a while before the knicks start to get better. The positives so far have been that we played well in boston except for OT and we came back from 19 down to take the lead in WAS. This team howevers, needs leadership and needs someone that is gonna takeover this team in times of need. When we tied the game against washington in the garden our stars should have fed off the energy and momentum, and put washington away. Instead we imploded again and lost. A good sign was Frye got like 9 boards in less than 20 minutes. Also against washington curry barely played. The knicks will get better as time goes on. Chemistry will develop, curry will get more into game shape, and i think Frye will be a good player and so will Ariza. Both impressed me so far.

HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME PLAYERS THAT DIDN'T:
Jerome James is a joke, he played awful in the short time he played in both games, and against washington he got 3 fouls in 3 minutes. This guy better change his ways.

Jamal Crawford has also played terribly especially in Boston. Every time he touches the ball its a shaky situation.

Also i put a lot of this on marbury. He is our best player and team leader, in OT against the C's he needed to take over the game. Also against washington after mustering that comeback, as the leader of the team you gotta get your troops together and bury the opposition. He has tremendous talent but just doesnt cut it as a leader.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah agreed. frye was a pleasant surprise, as was davis. we killed them on offensive boards, turnovers and fouls were about equal. more than can be said for the boston game, so thats a small step i guess.

20 is a CROOK said:
You are right it will be tough for a while before the knicks start to get better. The positives so far have been that we played well in boston except for OT and we came back from 19 down to take the lead in WAS. This team howevers, needs leadership and needs someone that is gonna takeover this team in times of need. When we tied the game against washington in the garden our stars should have fed off the energy and momentum, and put washington away. Instead we imploded again and lost. A good sign was Frye got like 9 boards in less than 20 minutes. Also against washington curry barely played. The knicks will get better as time goes on. Chemistry will develop, curry will get more into game shape, and i think Frye will be a good player and so will Ariza. Both impressed me so far.

HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME PLAYERS THAT DIDN'T:
Jerome James is a joke, he played awful in the short time he played in both games, and against washington he got 3 fouls in 3 minutes. This guy better change his ways.

Jamal Crawford has also played terribly especially in Boston. Every time he touches the ball its a shaky situation.

Also i put a lot of this on marbury. He is our best player and team leader, in OT against the C's he needed to take over the game. Also against washington after mustering that comeback, as the leader of the team you gotta get your troops together and bury the opposition. He has tremendous talent but just doesnt cut it as a leader.

Well said!!! However, to say that Jamal Crawford has also played terribly is an understatement... And, as much as I like Steph, I have to agree. Watching Baron "Too Easy" Davis play for the Warriors, it jumps out at you the difference between the two as leaders.

My take is that if you look at the Knicks objectiveley, they are not a great team right now. However, I like the direction as we are getting younger with potential for a high ceiling. Young players do not win in this league. Let's just be patient, use the next 2 years to weed out the scrubs from the keepers, and see where we can go. Unfortunately, we must rebuild and take a few lumps. And, quite frankly, I think we have the right guy to lead the way...

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
I agree with your Baron Davis comparison, I was actually going to mention him. Davis and Marbury have similar skills, however Davis has so many intangibles that Marbury just does not have, and thats why in my opinion Marbury is not a top 5 POINT GUARD. He does not take the game into his hands when he needs to. If we had Davis instead of Marbury we could very well be 2-0 its thats simple. Even a young player like Delonte West showed more fourth quarter poise than Steph. The top player on your team, when facing the crucial parts of the game such as the 4th quarter and OT is suppose to take charge, make plays for himself and others and seal the deal. That is what makes players great, not putting up points and doing fancy passes, and then collapsing down the stretch.

As much as i hate to say it i think this team is gonna have to find someone else to be that guy, throughout his whole career marbury never stepped up and became a 4th quarter court general like great point guards should be. I used to love steph, but the more i watch him the more i get dissapointed with his lack of champion qualities. He simply is not a good clutch player, and i dont think thats even up for argument.

But the Knicks r going in the right direction for once, and even though we lost both games, there were a LOT of positives. Larry Brown has his work cut out for him, but I think if he sticks around he will make us a winner.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
i think now everyones starting to realize the importance of allan houston. he might've been soft or sumthin but we all know that he could bury shots down the stretch. also, his shooting energized the whole knicks team and got everyone going. im not sayin he shouldn't have retired or anything cuz he was too crippled to do anything but im sayin he was a tremendous presence in the 9 years he played for the knicks. he was more than a career 17ppg overpaid shooting guard. agree???

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
allan houston did have a shot that could take over games if needed, but my only knock on him (besides his huge contract) was that he was real soft. Hopefully Q will get healthy and can shoot the rock fairly well. I hope Larry keeps the ball out of JC's hands because he shoots the most ridiculous and terrible shots i have ever seen. With him and Jerome James on the floor the team has two players that just do nothing but negative things.

Maybe if LB didnt just strip JC of his role, he would play better. He was great in the pre-season and 90 mins before game time, he tells him he wont start. Q didnt do so well yesterday )4-14, 0-4 3FG)- Marbs didnt let the team touch the ball (hence 40 mins and 3 assists)...Q didnt even play in the pre-season and so he gets to start? Why? Moreover, I want to see JC get Curry the ball, because Marbury is not doing it! JC and Curry played together for 2 years, one of which he avg'd over 5 assists as the Bulls PG...oh and he took 5 shots last night, so I dunno what u are talking about him taking ridiculous shots. Damn, give people a chance- its been 2 games with a new coach, new players and a new system. We play the game inside-out not outside in.

Blumatic

Rotation player
20 is a CROOK said:
I agree with your Baron Davis comparison, I was actually going to mention him. Davis and Marbury have similar skills, however Davis has so many intangibles that Marbury just does not have, and thats why in my opinion Marbury is not a top 5 POINT GUARD. He does not take the game into his hands when he needs to. If we had Davis instead of Marbury we could very well be 2-0 its thats simple. Even a young player like Delonte West showed more fourth quarter poise than Steph. The top player on your team, when facing the crucial parts of the game such as the 4th quarter and OT is suppose to take charge, make plays for himself and others and seal the deal. That is what makes players great, not putting up points and doing fancy passes, and then collapsing down the stretch.

As much as i hate to say it i think this team is gonna have to find someone else to be that guy, throughout his whole career marbury never stepped up and became a 4th quarter court general like great point guards should be. I used to love steph, but the more i watch him the more i get dissapointed with his lack of champion qualities. He simply is not a good clutch player, and i dont think thats even up for argument.

But the Knicks r going in the right direction for once, and even though we lost both games, there were a LOT of positives. Larry Brown has his work cut out for him, but I think if he sticks around he will make us a winner.

Whoa I have to totally disagree on Baron making this team 2-0. Baron can take some of worst shots you've ever seen. BD is not a top 5 is well. If Golden state is doing better it is b/c they have been together for a while and BD coming in last year. The Knicks has a high rate of player turnover. Young teams really dont win. And steph has alway been on a young team. BD is on a more mature team. Steph does have a alot to learn...he may not be in top 5 neither but BD putting this team in a better position then Steph at this point of the season is an unreasonable theory.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
i agree with blumatic baron davis takes some bad shots and another thing about him is that he is always injured and missing games and steph has not missed a game in i believe 3 years marbury is very durable and he can go to the foul line wenever he wants unlike baron davis and anyways after one bad season baron davis might ask for a trade out of ny just like he did to the hornets

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Im just saying Davis is a better leader than Marbury, both of them are similar type PGs, but the biggest knock on Marbury in my opinion is his huge lack of leadership. Yes he has TREMENDOUS talent but he doesnt step it up when we need him to the most. You think other PG's in this league would have let their teams collpase two games in a row, one being your home opener. We should of had so much momentum after coming back from 19 down in the Garden's opener, c'mon man how are u gonna be a star and not take advantage of that. If we had someone that woulda stepped up his play in those crucial minutes and has the ability to make others step their game up, we deffinetly wouldnt be 0-2. I'm not a Marbury hater, in fact i am a big fan of his, I just wish he would elevate his game and show us those leadership intangibles that we need to be a contender.

Also for those who think crawford is a catalyst you a totally misleaden. He is no where near as good as Marbury and would not be able to run any team's point. He doesnt even make good decisions on his own shots, how do you expect to him to make decisions for the entire team.

Blumatic

Rotation player
you being a leader is tough. Most of the team you need clout to be a leader. Something about you must command leadership. Also you need willing followers. Steph has not found his niche net yet in the NBA. You see it. He has no identity yet but being a loser. He himself knows that. Cuz honestly he doesnt feel he like he can be an effective leader when he 's always part of a losing program. This team must start winning first. Then when there are moments when then need Stpeh during their winning run then he will start commanding respect. But as of right now the whole team is trying to find there way. Steph by talent is the leader but most true leaders are winner and he needs to win first. Thats why LB is a leader cuz he's winner and has clout. Herb is a good guy but if he rips into the Knicks its just not he same as LB yelling at you. BD aint no leader. Maybe this year it might be something.