Watson trade forthcoming?

nyfan33

Rookie
nyknicks15: its true they can't get under the salary cap this offseason, but so what. You have to start somewhere. There is no quick fix for the Knicks bloated payroll, but its all about taking steps in the right direction. If the Knicks continue to trade away their expiring contracts for average players, they won't be a contender anytime soon and they will NEVER be able to sign a decent free-agent, let alone an elite one. I will say it again - unless the Knicks can trade some of their contracts for an elite player - there is NO POINT trading them for mediocre players. That's what got them in so much financial trouble in the first place!

And you're right - this post is about Rose and Watson, so I'll shut up now about the salary cap...

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
the best back up point gaurd in the league is ben gordon or maybe nick van exel and the best back up shooting gaurd id mike finely he's a way better shooter than crawford he's consistent unlike crawford and he's not undersized like crawford, crawford weighs about 160 pounds dont you notice other shooting gaurds bully him around when they post up. crawford sucks

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
finley has been a lifelong starter, so he doesnt really count as a "backup" even though he may be one now...hes a backup on the best team on the nba, so hes sort of an exception...AND...look at finleys numbers versus crawfords:
finley - 7.3 points on 33.3% shooting, crawford - 10.2 on 40%+
so as of now, crawford IS better

nick van exel sucks...crawford is better than him...

ben gordon wont be a back up much longer. and his field goal percentage sucks worse than crawford. and at this point in their respective careers, id say crawford IS better.

dont get it twisted, i am not a crawford fan, i never was, even when he was first acquired and all the naive fans were saying isiahs so great for getting him, i knew it was nothing special...

i am just sick of all these marginal, useless trades that isiah makes...

like getting rose and taylor, like signing james and baker to an MLE, like trading van horn for tiny tim and nazr and then trading away tiny tim and nazr not too shortly thereafter, it seems like pretty much every acquisition isiah has made has turned out to NOT be good (with the exception of marbury, and even that is debatable)

getting EARL WATSON would be another MARIGNAL TRADE and in my opinon, actually CLOG the point guard spot. WE DONT NEED A POINT GUARD!!! that would be like the lakers saying we need a back up shooting guard or the miami heat saying we need a backup center. yeah, u know what, they really might, but its NOT THEIR BIGGEST CONCERN when their starter at that position is the best player on the team.

we need a shooter. we need to give channing frye a starting job. we need to better utilize crawford off the bench. QRich needs to get healthy and start hitting some bombs from downtown that put daggers in the other teams hearts. eddy curry needs to become a beast instead of playing good one minute and disappearing the next.

larry brown needs to utilize his players better. this team has the talent to win at least 40 games. there's no excuses for larry if they dont.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
and david lee should start the 3.

frye/curry at the 4/5 (sometimes curry will be better suited to play the 5 and sometimes frye, depending on the opposing teams roster)

lee at the 3. he will create many extra posessions for the team.

qrich at the 2.

marbuary at the 1.

run some pick and rolls with marbury and frye. play inside out with curry posting up and using his beast-like body to push some guy around and get an easy shot. if he misses, hopefuly lee or frye will be there to finish up. or, if curry gets a double team, kick it out to qrich and let him do his thing from behind the arc. let marbury penetrate and kick the ball out to qrich.

come on larry...u arent impressing me with ure coaching skills...

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
jamal crawford is not better than ben gordan and will never be better than him neither and micheal finely will light up jamal crawford and micheal finely is a better shooter than jamal and he takes good shots and nick van exel is a great backup period.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
look at their stats:

Mike Finley: 7.3 points per game, .333 FG %, .333 3 pt FG%

Nick Van Exel: 8 points per game, lousy defender, cancer in the locker room, horrible attitude

ben gordon: 30.6 minutes per game (starter-type minutes), only 2.8 assists per game (horrible for someone thats supposedly a 1 or a 2), liablity on defense against bigger shooting guards, cant quite play the point guard position because he cant pass the ball (ball hog, takes LOUSY SHOTS), .378 FG% (PATHETIC), 15.8 points per game. ben gordon wont be comming off the bench forever. hes not really a backup.

jamal crawford: 10.2 points per game on 413 fg% (not bad). as he gets utilized better, he will bring his average up to 13 points and assists up to 4-5.

jamal crawford is incomplete, hes not really good at anything.

HES STILL MUCH BETTER THAN EARL WATSON. AND HES MORE THAN AN ADEQUATE BACKUP POINT GUARD. WE DONT NEED WATSON AND WE DONT NEED A BACKUP POINT GUARD, IT IS NOT ONE OF OUR PRESSING NEEDS.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
johnknicksfan is too stupid i cant talk directly to him anymore. i will not respond to his posts. not gonna waste my time with him.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
a knick fan the only stupid thing here is your mother i aint wasting my time with you and you don't know anything i know more about basketball than you and i also play ball for my highschool basketball team and im commited to rutgers now tell me wat you know and do with basketbal

NYKnicks15

Starter
wait michael finley has been a lifelong starter so he cant be considered for best backup guard? umm hasnt jamal crawford been a lifelong starter...so shouldnt he also be not able to be considered...

You know what, i think we shouldn't do any trade right now. It's too early, and now i think we are playing better cuz we know each other more. I hope this win we just got against the Kings is a sign of good things to come.