Marbury off the bench?

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
You would sit someone who is only the second player to have an average of 20 ppg and 8 apg in his carrer? Look at his company Oscar Robertson...

Musa

Rookie
Marbury off the bench

I must confess that I hate Marbury and his f....ing " i am the one" mentality. The only thing that would help the team is trade him. We need guys who are ready to fight and to give everthing.

PLAYERS TO TRADE: Marbury,Ms Crawford, Mo Taylor

There is another point I dont understand. We traded Sweetney for Curry. But when you look at their stats there is no big difference.

:afro: :cry:

NYKnicks15

Starter
8+ assists per game and he has a "i am the one" mentality...i know what you mean but i just dont see that his time in NY nor did i see that when he was in Pheonix. i think you mistake his old MN, NJ mentality for his new one..."i am the only person on the team that can bring us back in the damn game cause its the truth" mentality, as curry stays out of foul troubles and lose some weight, and Q is healty and larry puts a definite line up in i think ur opinion will change..

stats mite be equal but sweetney is not dominate or intimidating hes 6'8...eddy's a big guy, takes up the paint, makes driving to the lane harder and hell be dominate soon. brings instant D to a team even if it doesnt show on stats. thats like saying bowen is a garbage player cause his stats are low, but we all know hes an incredible defender...not saying eddy is an incredible defender BUT hell make u think twice before slashing.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Re: Marbury off the bench

Musa said:
There is another point I dont understand. We traded Sweetney for Curry. But when you look at their stats there is no big difference.

:afro: :cry:

Cause Sweetney doesn't draw double teams. Why do you think the Bulls struggled in the playoffs and now - because they didn't have that interior presence in Curry.

Wait til Curry gets in shape and Aguirre works his magic - He'll be a beast and at only 22, the knicks will be set at C for a long while!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
The fact remains is that, teams aren't scoring many points on the knicks as last year. But the problem is at the offensive end. We have a bad mix with a defensive minded coach and a point guard by label. Coach Brown is and never will be a offensive stud coach. It takes him time to understand that realm of the game. He knows defense. Marbury is a player that will never make anyone better. No one wants to play with him because he has tunnel vision to the basket. He does need to come off the bench. I like Crawford at point guard. He sees the floor better. I was saying we should trade Marbury lone time ago. He won't get any better. And having Antonio Davis here isn't helping win games. Let the young guys play if we're gonna lose like this.

Starting Five:

PG Crawford
SG Richardson
SF Ariza
PF Frye
C Curry

You have there a shooter in Richardson, a shotblocker in Frye who can hit outside shots, a defensive stopper in Ariza and a low box scorer in Curry. This is the future starting five. Let them play together and jell for the second half of this year and for next years team.