knicks look to move marbury

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dont mean to bring back another topic that will spark soooo many arguments, but new york post reports that the knicks reportedly looked to trade marbury. good idea or bad? they say jason williams, walker, rose and szcerbiak are some names that could come up. dont know about you guys, but none of these guys can help us like marbury does, and they cant match up to him. we have enough pfs so that renders walker useless, especially one that has a similar game to crawford. ariza, richardson, and barnes have us set at the 3. ariza the finisher, barnes the playmaker, and richardson the shooter. that makes rose and szcerbiak unnnessacry. that leaves williams. imo, marbury is a much better than williams talent and attitude wise. the only thing that trading marbury will do is make our team worse.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i like marbury i do, and i think we should keep him BUT if something great comes along i dont think we should deny it. but i also dont see Jalen Rose, Jwilliams, wally sczerbiak as answers to our problems. especially not antoine walker...

i hope this doesnt turn into the worst trade in history and i also hope that loser peter vescey isnt correct on this report. well see what happens but ey if we could land carmello or kg or someone along those lines...im all for it...but my first opinion is to stay with Marbs..

Musa

Rookie
Trading Marbury is a good idea. But I think we should first try to trade Ms. Crawford but I guess that there is no team in the nba which is ready to take him, may be in wnba. He will never be a great SG like Houston. I miss him.

I also think that we should try to get Spree. I know that bad things happened in the past but:

Lets just forget them. Spree is able to help us! :hoops:

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Apparently, the reason we would trade Marbury is b/c LB isn't too thrilled about his game. LB is looking for a true PG, not a scoring PG. Wouldn't it only make sense to trade Marbury if we get a true PG back plus other incentives (draft picks would be great). Let's not forget Marbury isn't exactly a bum players. He's definitely one of the best PG's in the league, just not one that Larry likes.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
spree better than crawford? not at this point. crawford just has to get into his groove, he's really a good player. now back at his natural position and starting, he should be able to be more consistant

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I'm not happy with Marbury's play right now. But I still think we should keep him and see if things click. It's still too early to talk trade....

Now Marbury needs to get his SH*T together and start making some assists. He is turning the ball over more times than assists... WTF is that about

He was dishing like 9 a game last year and now he is lucky to get 4? Things better change quick, I like the dude's skills but something just isn't right...

As for Crawford, he finally had a positive game in Portland when he started, so I figure Larry will keep him as starting SG. Q Rich better represent and live up to his expectations because I lost my favorite Knick due to his ass coming over to NY. He better stop thinking about Brandy and go practice his shot at the gym. and what ever happened to his so called post ups, all I have seen so far is him jacking up three pointers. Don't get me wrong I'm happy when the go in, but so far it has been about 70% unhappy vs. 30% happiness. Its pretty lopsided...

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Marbury for Serbiack

Trade Marbury for Serbiack straight up. He would give us a shooter off the bench.

Starting five:

Crawford
Richardson
Ariza
Frye
Curry

NYKnicks15

Starter
wallys a shooting scrub! first off cap wise that wouldnt work and more importantly hes an injury prone and a primadonna. i dont care if hes from Long Island he acts like hes from San Fran. Always on the balls. Hogs it and cant handle it too well.

screw WallyWorld I want DisneyWorld! Marbury is a premier player in the league and NOT every coach wants a pass pass pass point guard. im sure we could actually get a lot for marbs..especially with maybe barnes, davis or penny thrown in. we could get a lot we just need to wait! especially after December 15th when free agents are available to be traded..could mean byebye JJ haha.

if this happens crawford would move to the PG and Q where he belongs at the SG..Nate the backup PG and NO backup SG...it hurts us more than it helps. so unless we still trade for a backup SG or starting/backuo PG were screwed. and if anyone thinks Jwill, rose, walker, or wally are the answers to our problems you are absolutely incorrect. they are looking for a LARRY PLAYER and NONE of those fit that mold...

why dont we take Paul Pierce & Marcus Banks for Stephon Marbury and a few draft picks? why would they take this? cause contrary to someppls beliefs they need a starting Point Guard. They are not happy with Pierce anymore and nor do they want Marcus Banks (a pass first, defensively sound pg)..it works cap wise and works logically...

but more than likely Marbury will take offense to these reports and hurt more than anything and hell step up his game..and possibly thats larry/isiahs intentions..well see

Blumatic

Rotation player
The Marbury trade thing is BS. The media is speculating. The Knicks are 0-4, Marbury's Olympic relationship with LB, Lb inconsistent line up change. That does not mean he should be moved. Iverson and Billups struggled and now they want to give Steph the boot. Yes I'm a fan of his. But I dont understand giving him up so soon. This is not Larry's type of pg but neither was Billups. The season barely started and Steph is the problem. If we get rid of him it better be for the right pieces. From the articles read there was no inclination of Steph being move. Yes LB is upset with the roster, Steph is struggling with the offense. LB is implementing his system without a consisten lineup. usually that spells trouble. Steph desreves the a year and half with LB if not half the season.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think it is still way too early to start dismantleing the team. Listen, I have always been an advoacte for trading Marbury! In any post about him I have always said that he is not a 1 but a 2 guard and that we will never win with him. We have a good team, but they need time to adjust. We have 7 new players, a new head coach with a new system. Curry and JJ still need to shed a few pounds and get into better game shape. I still think we will see Snow in a Knicks uniform before the year is out and I have a feeling that we will see Ratliff, Miles and Patterson as well. I really think that we are a pure point guard away from raising some hell with the player we currently have, but there will be panic in the Garden and when that happenes, stupid trades are made. I do think Marbury will be the weak link in Brown's system and will continue to sputter and look out of place. If we just stay put, we will loose allot of money at the end of the season and even more after next.
Peter Vessay mentioned Jalen Rose for Marbury... How ironic if that happens because that was what held up the trade to bring Carter here.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marbury stays put! He's a scoring point guard which is why Coach wants him to be moved to SG or 2 spot or what ever you want to call it. I aggree that Crawford will go first. Richardson has yet to do anything, and we still have a line up of bumbs outside of Curry and Marbury. Oh yeah, did you hear that Brown is activating Penny as back up point guard. I believe I said that a few months ago and every one thought it was a bad idea. That is penny's true position.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i think the answer to our problems so far is to keep the players playing their natural position so they're playing their best game. crawford looked much better playing starting at the 2. he was even the leading scorer with 15. marbury is a pg, not a sg. i dont see any flaws in his game lately, he's been scoring, passing, doing it all. 4 games into the season and the best player on the team has to be traded because we're still winless? thats just overreacting. as for the penny hardaway playing pg, i dont really think his knees will hold up running and handling the ball so much. its been untouched territory for a while now, we'll see some rust in his game.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Trade talks already and only 4 games into the season? We can't put all the blame on Marbury. What do you expect we got a new coach and the only returning starters from last year are Marbury and Crawford.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Look. Steph is scoring threat. f we can make those moves and keep steph and curry. Steph will get it. Hos defense and hustle is all on him. maybe if he did that more it might be a 1-3 team. It takes time. Its hard to get stars like Steph. The whole team is learning each other a new system, being commanded to play D, with LB's inconsistent line-up. When Brown settles on a line-up, thats when the team will grow. So this is a long journey.

Trin_Starr

Starter
For the millioneth time - do not believe the SHIT that Peter Vescey writes.
He probably walked in on Chad Ford blowing Charlie Rosen and got jealous!!! lol and decided to write that article to vent some frustration.

The NY post article is purely BS. Stephen A on ESPN said he called Isiah right after he heard and confirmed that it was not true...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
First of all, to say that Marburys game has been solid is just delusional! He has been awful the past 4 games. He is a scoring threat but we have scorers, we need a play maker and that is the job of the point guard. Marbury looks lost and maybe he corrects some things and starts to run Brown's offense the way he is trying to run it, but I don't see it. Marbury does not have great court vision unless he is looking for his own shot(s). We do not need a PG that will be the bulk scorer! We need a PG that will get the ball to the right players at the right time. Also, the problems that this team has does not fall souly on Stephs shoulder either. We have been out rebounded in 4th quarters and the team is turn over crazy! This is also do to learning a new system while learning their teammates at the same time. Unfortunatly, Marbury does take a big hit because he is coughing up the ball at the worst time(s) in the game...

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy wrote

First of all, to say that Marburys game has been solid is just delusional! He has been awful the past 4 games. He is a scoring threat but we have scorers,

we do have scorers but none of them are scoring

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
And anyways anyone can say wat they want about steph but stephen A smith spoke to isiah thomas and isiah thomas said it is just a rumor and the knicks will NOT trade steph and you guys talk about stephon now but just wait a couple more months wen he gets more confortable with this system he will dominate and all you haters will be kissing his azz

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I use to like Peter Vescey but now it's clear to me that he has his head way up his @$$. It's way to early to talk about trades. Even earlier to talk about trading team captins and stars. Yeah, sad to say Pete Vescey has lost major credibility. He's a rumor man now. Nothing based on hard facts.