Jerome James on the BLOCK

NYKnicks15

Starter
okay we somewhat supported JJ's signing when we had no man taller than 6'10 on our roster but now that we have quality bigmen in Frye, Davis, Curry and Butler hes not looking so good. and obviously HIS PLAY has a lot to do with it and his game shape. Newly signed free agents are available to be traded starting December 15th and it is said Isiah is pushing his hardest to get rid of this guy. (like he said on Quite Frankly, if you cant play "GOTTA GO")...

now he has a contract that starts at 5 this season and goes all the way 6.6 in the 09-10 season. a 29 million dollar lump sum.

now i dont want responses saying anything we already know "hes fat" "he should never been signed in the first place" "bad pickup on Isiahs part" "hes trash" "my grandpa can ball better than him" we know...we know...

id like to hear ur honest opinion as if you were Isiah, which team would reasonably take Jerome James in a trade and what player, picks could we get in return. please make it salary cap acceptable...

my idea is push him on the Hawks or Hornets for a pick or two...whats yours?

Bobcats or Blazers.

If we trade him to Portland in part of the trade involving Rose for Patterson and Miles that would be great. Plus he would be reuniting with his former coach Nate McMillan.

Trading James to the bobcats for a 2nd round pick isn't bad either.

Starks

Starter
How bout we trade James for a couple of those hot Cleavland Cheerleaders...Im serious. We could throw in some those gender bending male cheerleaders that I seen on the court also. Thoughts??

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea i guess the blazers could use him, IF nate wants him back. did they have any friction last year? the signing at the time was ok because it was before we got davis and curry but as we see now hes worse than all of them and i have no problem moving him. at least isiah isnt so proud that he wont admit a mistake.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Denver is looking for some front court help. Maybe we can get them to agree to do a sign & trade with Nene. Nene is looking for a near max type contract. James isn't too expensive. He only signed for the MLE so we should be able to add another player like Rose or Taylor who's contracts will expire next year.

James + Rose/Taylor for Watson & Nene

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If JJ can get into better shape (llose about 15lbs or so) he would regain some quickness and he could be worth keeping. Frye is not a 5, he is looking like he will be a 4 in the NBA who will spot at the 5. The other issue is JJ is sulking because he is not starting and I think he also needs to shed the ego along with the 15lbs and he could be a qaulity guy. Remember, he is making Kurt Thomas money and he is 4 inches taller. If he makes these adjustments, we would have such depth at the 5 spot. So I would give him to December/January to prove that he wants to be on the team and wants to contribute no matter how he gets his time. If not, I would trade him. I think JJ would be easier to trade due to the lack of big men in the NBA today.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
hoop115 said:
Denver is looking for some front court help. Maybe we can get them to agree to do a sign & trade with Nene. Nene is looking for a near max type contract. James isn't too expensive. He only signed for the MLE so we should be able to add another player like Rose or Taylor who's contracts will expire next year.

James + Rose/Taylor for Watson & Nene

If we deal with Denver, I would try to get Andre Miller. Denver was trying to move him during the off season and we need a pure point guard under Brown's system, could be just what the Knicks need to solitify this roster!!

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Let's be honest, do you really think they would give us Miller in return for Jerome James and some other scrub we try to throw onto them. Atleast w/ Nene they may not be willing to take a chance on him since he just suffered every major ligament tear possible in your knee and Watson isn't too high of a price considering he doesn't even play. I'd love to have Miller on our squad but who would they take...maybe Crawford b/c they need help at their 2 but that's a stretch and I doubt it would work money wise.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
i think the knicks should try to deal him to toronto for jalen rose or to the bobcats for a draft pick because the bobcats will suck this year and that pick could turn out to be pretty high

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Actually TOR is in need of a big man. They've been searching for one ever sinced they drafted Bosh at PF. TOR feels that all they need is a quality C to go along side Bosh to make him into an All-Star.

BTW, if we did trade w/ Bobcats they probably wouldn't give us an unconditional 1st rounder for Jerome James. It would most likely be lottery protected...not like the pick we sent to the Bulls for Curry!!! As much as I love us getting Curry, I don't know if it were smart for us to give an unconditional 1st rounder. It should have been atleast top 5 protected! We also gave up the right to swap picks in '07.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
id have no prob with char for a draft pick. key word for toronto - quality C. that is not james. we know this, they know this (i think). i doubt they would do that.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
how bout james to atl for delk and/or a pick? atl could use any decent big man that comes along to give help to pachulia and williams in the front court. james also gives them a finisher for johnson to pass to. im not too sure on delk's injury situation, but he could help us with some veteran point guard leadership and a solid back up

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
i would love to see a trade of james for salim stoudamire i think he will be sort of like chris duhon who was also a second round pick salim can score and he can score fast we could use him but i dont think atlanta will do it because they got a steal in the draft getting salim

NYKnicks15

Starter
the only problem with trying to send him to Charlotte is they dont want big contracts, they want to stay young and cheap until a big free agent comes along...building through the draft right now or gettin cheap quality players like Jurmaine Jones. They would never give up a first rounder for JJ....

that Toronto trade wouldnt work for Jalen unless we through someone else in or it was a package...they do need a bigman but i believe they are trying to get under the cap so wed have to take on some ugly player plus Jalen....

ny3nyk has the best option so far. well not best in what we get in return but what is actually possible to happen. i wouldnt mind that at all. they dont mind spending aslong as they get something and they get a C with only a 1.5 million incread from PG Delk. Id exchange picks too, there first for our first...good idea :)

anyone else?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
hoop115 said:
Let's be honest, do you really think they would give us Miller in return for Jerome James and some other scrub we try to throw onto them. Atleast w/ Nene they may not be willing to take a chance on him since he just suffered every major ligament tear possible in your knee and Watson isn't too high of a price considering he doesn't even play. I'd love to have Miller on our squad but who would they take...maybe Crawford b/c they need help at their 2 but that's a stretch and I doubt it would work money wise.

I think we could get Miller for James and one of our Young guys like Lee. It's obvious that they are looking to move both Miller and Nene. They really came together when boykins was at the point. I would even go as far as to say that they might take a exipring contract with one of our young guys.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i wouldnt go that far, i wouldnt go as far to say andre miller is available, son i wouldnt even go as far as to say "an-" haha..

its not like they were putting Miller on a pedastal and saying "hey gm's throw us your best offer"...in this case, the worst. the ONLY reason Andre Miller was on the table is because the Denver Nuggets would of got a player by the name PAUL PIERCE in return for him and Nene. not some scrub named Jerome James and definetely not some expiring contract...is it possible? sure anything is possible...will it happen, no.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
I think we could get Miller for James and one of our Young guys like Lee. It's obvious that they are looking to move both Miller and Nene. They really came together when boykins was at the point. I would even go as far as to say that they might take a exipring contract with one of our young guys.

With us trading our 1st round pick this year and possibly switching our 1st rounder next year, I'm a little hesitant to just trade away any of our young guys. Miller is a good PG but not great and Nene has yet to even really prove that he could start 82 games a year. I'd most definitely NOT trade Frye and would have to strongly consider any trade involving Lee. These guys are part of our future since we don't have any good draft picks for the next couple of years.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 said:
i wouldnt go that far, i wouldnt go as far to say andre miller is available, son i wouldnt even go as far as to say "an-" haha..

its not like they were putting Miller on a pedastal and saying "hey gm's throw us your best offer"...in this case, the worst. the ONLY reason Andre Miller was on the table is because the Denver Nuggets would of got a player by the name PAUL PIERCE in return for him and Nene. not some scrub named Jerome James and definetely not some expiring contract...is it possible? sure anything is possible...will it happen, no.

I wouldn't call JJ a "scrub". I think right now he is going through some emotional turmoil. He is "sulking" because he is not starting and it is affecting his game. Yes, he is about 15 pounds over weight as well, but I think he can shed those pounds fairly quickly, especially if he gets more playing time. Don't think for a second, Denver will not pull off a deal for either or both. I think they are looking for some players to help down low in the paint. If the Knicks wanted, I believe the knicks could get Miller.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
I wouldn't call JJ a "scrub". I think right now he is going through some emotional turmoil. He is "sulking" because he is not starting and it is affecting his game. Yes, he is about 15 pounds over weight as well, but I think he can shed those pounds fairly quickly, especially if he gets more playing time. Don't think for a second, Denver will not pull off a deal for either or both. I think they are looking for some players to help down low in the paint. If the Knicks wanted, I believe the knicks could get Miller.

Actually JJ is a scrub, just not a bottom feeder scrub, but none the less a scrub. If you look at his career numbers it's pathetic. He avgs 5pts, 3rbs and 3 FOULS in 15mins per game. He had one good playoff series against the Kings and the next thing you know people begin to think that he's gonna be a dominant big man. The biggest knock on him by every coach that he's ever played for is his conditioning. It has been well documented that he lacks the desire to maintain the level of conditioning and energy needed by big men to play 82 games per year the NBA.

Not to take away anything from the games of Frye (I voted for Frye to start) and Lee, but to be benched in favor for rooks by a coach that is notorious for not playing rooks, says alot about your game.

At the time JJ was the best we thought we could've gotten. At the MLE, he's still not that big of a waste...but had we known that we were going to end up with Curry, there probably be no way Isiah would've even had JJ on his radar. We could've thrown the MLE towards Earl Watson when he was available and not be in this mess.