Jerome James on the BLOCK

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I still think J can be salvaged. Yes, his only big moment was against the Kings but is that more of an indictment of Seattle or his game? Remember, up until that point, they didn't need a big game out of him they had Ray and Lewis doing the bulk of scoring. Their game was run and gun, not a methodical defensive game. They wanted him to rip a few rebounds and body up against someone that’s all. That was one of the reasons why he wanted to come with the Knicks. He thought he was going to get a chance to have more of a roll. Listen, if I could package him in with someone else to get another key player, I would. But, if we end up keeping him…. With a few tweaks he could be a strong player off the bench.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i just wanna get draft picks in return...even if they are 2nd rounders (think: michael redd)...

isiah has shown me to be an excellent draft picker...

if we can get any sort of draft picks in any sort of package where we get rid of jerome james, antonio davis, penny, malik rose or mo taylor...im all for it

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Why would you put a player out on the floor that is going to take away minutes from a more productive player? I'll say it again JJ avg's 5pts 3rbs and 3 Fouls in 17min. Just watching the rooks for 5minutes, and you know they're more productive than that!!!

I agree with 'knick fan'. If we could come away with some draft picks that would be great. Remember we are already giving up our 1st round draft pick no matter what number it is! It could be the first overall pick of the first round and we still are going to give it up to the bulls.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Keep Jerome James!

We should keep JJ simply because he's a big body that will prove a commodity late in the year or next. Let's not look to jump to trade any of our younger guys. The guys that should go are the veterans that are adding up to any victories. Let's be honest, our young players are the ones playing well for us. Malik Rose is a scrub, Antonio Davis is a stiff, Marbury is a horrible outside shooter. The inevitable starting five and 12-man roster

PG Crawford/N. Robinson
SG Richardson/Marbury
SF Ariza/Barnes/Hardaway
PF Frye/Lee/Butler
C Curry/James

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
hoop115 said:
Why would you put a player out on the floor that is going to take away minutes from a more productive player? I'll say it again JJ avg's 5pts 3rbs and 3 Fouls in 17min. Just watching the rooks for 5minutes, and you know they're more productive than that!!!

I agree with 'knick fan'. If we could come away with some draft picks that would be great. Remember we are already giving up our 1st round draft pick no matter what number it is! It could be the first overall pick of the first round and we still are going to give it up to the bulls.

First of all who's minutes would JJ be stealing? Rose??? Frye?? Do not kid yourself, Frye is a 4 in this league and will spot in at the 5 from time to time. He is not a NBA center, not right now he isn't. I agree with nycefnl, JJ is a big body who we have at the mid level and could be a factor at some time. I think Brown will motivate him, some what, and salvage some game from him.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Jerome James is a tough one to call. I'd hate to see him traded and then see him pick up his game for another team. I'd like for the Knicks to stay patient unless an offer comes along that they can't pass up.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
WiL8000 said:
Jerome James is a tough one to call. I'd hate to see him traded and then see him pick up his game for another team. I'd like for the Knicks to stay patient unless an offer comes along that they can't pass up.

I agree, let's see if he can contribute. I think he needs to accept his role as a backup and stop his sulking. He needs to realize that his role is every much as important as a starter. I think he is looking at labels instead of looking at what he can do to help this team win.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
KnicksFan20 said:
Trade James and barnes for MARCUS CAMBY

I miss the Cambyman, bring him back to NY

I think Camby's sucsess stems from being in the high fying west and not in the tough grind of the east. I do not think Camby is the answer! He would not do well in Brown's system.

paris401

Starter
j.j. is a stiff... don't see anyone taking him unless he has a check for
$$ 20m in his pocket (to pay for the next 4 years).

hoop115

Benchwarmer
WiL8000 said:

pick up his game??? he's been on 3 different teams in 5 years...i don't see it happening

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i would like for him to pick up his game as long as it aint wit us, he is pure trash bruh, now we just need the garbage man to come and take him off our hands.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
how bout intead of talkin this trade ideas...how bout the knicks sign frank williams...i dont think chicago picked up 4th year