GAME THREAD - 11/16/05 - L - Knicks (92) @ Lakers (97)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

10:00 PM, Wednesday, November 16th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (2-6)
stephon_marbury.jpg
quentin_richardson.jpg
trevor_ariza.jpg
antonio_davis.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
MARBURY---RICHARDSON---ARIZA---DAVIS---CURRY
@
lakers_logo.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS (4-4)
smush_parker.jpg
kobe_bryant.jpg
lamar_odom.jpg
kwame_brown.jpg
chris_mihm.jpg
S.PARKER---BRYANT---ODOM---BROWN---MIHM

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Lakers Team Stats
Lakers Team Notes

TV: MSG, ESPN
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
This sucks, I hate these 10PM games, its hard for me to stay up with school the next day but I'll be watching.

The key is to shut down Kobe, a lot easier said then done, but we'll see what we can do. I think our offense will be back tommorow.

Trin_Starr

Starter
This one is gonna be on ESPN...
The nation will be watching - hopefully the knicks can demonstrate some lockdown D and come away with a win!

WiL8000

Rotation player
Winning is also contagious, and hopefully the Knicks will start winning more games and get to an above 500 record. Curry is looking better, I can't wait he gets in shape.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i expect our front court to dominate the younger unexperienced combo of brown and mihm. im sure marbury can take parker to school and richardson and kobe matching up should be interesting to watch. the only thing im worried about is barnes guarding odom. odom has about 3 inches on him and can shoot from downtown as well as in the post. i think the key to winning though is down in the paint with all our big men so i think it would be smart to activate james for this one.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im not crazy about either ariza or barnes on odom. id really love to see lee on him but i dunno if larry would do that. this seems crazy but id rather have ariza guarding kobe and bring q in when kobes out or odom is out to hit some 3s. i dont think q or craw can really cover kobe well at all.

Allen

Benchwarmer
The key to the knicks winning tonight is not shutting down Kobe. Kobe will score his 20-30 points, rather the key is to shut down everyone else. We should let Kobe try to beat us all by himself. We should shut down everyone else so that Kobe doesn't get any help, especially from Odom.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
a 20-30 point night from kobe means u played good D on him, shutting him down is basically that, if we dont hell light up for 40.. we have to play him solid

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
well... we didn't shut down kobe... they digged themselves into a hole the 3rd quater, and marbury was no where to be found. still... atleast i got to see them play live.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I getting tired of this shit and Larry trying to turn Marbury into Eric Snow!!!
WTF - Stephon can score - the knicks have trouble scoring
Let the man free - Look at Kobe
He was free to do what he wanted out there - shot poorly but ended up with 42pts...

If marbury plays the game he did last season with the D he plays now, together with the total knicks defense - the knicks would be winning many more games....

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
yeah, LB definetely seems to stunt a players offensive stats. marbury is much more capable than what he has shown to be this season, and my mind, the culprit is LB.