Who is the weakest link?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The title says it all. This posting is not about finding someone to blame like so many have in the past. This is about who on our squad is tradable/has trade value. I'll start with Jamal Crawford. He's up and down and I know he has a few loyal fans, but he's got to go. Richardson makes me actually miss Kurt Thomas and I hated Kurt Thomas. Not really fair to say Richardson is dead weight because he has been injured but.... Richardson is dead weight. There I said it. May be a good guy to come off of the bench. I really am impressed with our Rookies. Frye and Lee play well together and in my opinion should and could soon start together. I may be getting ahead of my self but they both played well and Frye could be mentioned as rookie of the year but it's too early to tell. The point of all of this is we need a real player with Star quality. A franchise player like, humm, KG! David Lee can play SF so I will no longer campaign for Wally. If you consider Richardson a non factor then that means we need a shooting guard cause Crawford ant gonna get er done. But if you like Crawford and think he can be an asset then we are still weak at PF cause Frye's not ready, which brings us back to KG! If it is possible our GM will see it through.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
crawford has been very solid and consistant lately, even coming off the bench he can easily score 20 a night and as well have a couple of assists. he's been picking up on d and is motivated to play the right way. richardson has been hot shooting (i think over 40% from the 3) and has been doing his share of rebounding and some passing. as for the weakest link, its jerome james. he just doesnt fit in the rotation and is not the player we exactly need anymore. frye has been playing awesome even in limited minutes, curry and davis have a dominant low post presence, and even butler and lee have been playing good. james is the guy that has to go

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
crawford has been shoootin good
q found his touch...good denfense
marbury can turn it on whenever he wants...
channing great outside shooter...
Ariza is electrifyin
nate good hustle
curry great down low...

well.. everone is doin there part but...

JEROME JAMES NEEDS TO GO....hes been doin nothing...=]

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
yes it's clearly jerome james he stinks and what happened to all the people that jumped on the nate robinson ban wagon after the summer league like i said the summer league and the nba are totally different nate has no shoting ability at all and he probably jumps high but he is so small other guys still get up there with him and kobe schooled him when nate tried to d him i think if we can get a good player i would trade nate and jerome james

WiL8000

Rotation player
If we get rid of Jerome James, I think it will most likely be with another player on the Knicks with an expiring contract like Davis or Hardaway.

paris401

Starter
WOW... where to start..

crawford and curry... either thomas is a genius, or paxton is... chicago 'gave-up' on 2 guys that have'nt hit their prime yet... or have they??... either way u gotta keep both these guys

j.j. can u say 'stiff'... he's almost untradable

q. rich... too early to tell but don't like what i see so far.

a. davis... he's a role player... good for 10/12 mins to give a starter a breather...

barnes... next question

'starburg'...what's he worth... better question who will take him... ??

ariza,frye,lee,robinson... all rook's (well almost).. and will/are making mistakes, but all seem tobe working hard when on the court...

can we play 4 against 5...

its now "thomas's" team... all the dead wood from the layden era are gone... i agree with his philos. that once u are over the cap it does not matter whether it is one $$ or 50m $$, but the various componets must 'mesh'... and i don't see it..

hey larry ... u bailed from the pistons for the $$$...
i bet u miss wallace+wallace+prince"hamilton+ billups.... and maybe even darko...

Trin_Starr

Starter
Larry Brown
The more he defers Marbury from playing his normal game and have the role players pick up the slack - the more the knicks are going to lose.
If he wants a PG to average 5-10pts and around 5 assists a game he might as well get any idiot off the street and mold him into the player he wants.
Stephon is a 25+ pts and 9+ assists player - That's why he gets paid big bucks - to provide those tangible results - use the man in the way he knows how to play.

While I respect his coaching regimen, Larry needs to be more flexible and not be a hard a$$ all the time.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Let's be realistic! No one is going to take Jerome James. This guy's got a 30 mil contract and he ant doing jack! Only in NY! The trade game is a give and take. You guys should know that from the fantasy league. No one's going to give you a star player for Jerome James, but we can get something for something. As I suggested earlier, Crawford! We will most likely trade for a point guard and move Marbury to SG, as we should, so Crawford and Richardson will both be on the bench. I say trade one of em by the February dedline. See what we can get.

NYKnicks15

Starter
actually Denver and NY have had preliminary talks with Jerome James going to DN and Earl Watson coming to NY. I think watson is a good POINT GUARD. not a great player but a true point guard who i think Larry will not be overly excited with once noticing Stephon has much better Playmaking skills..watsons making skills arent so great but hes decent...

there contracts match and were taking a better player for an Ogor.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Trin_Starr said:
Larry Brown
The more he defers Marbury from playing his normal game and have the role players pick up the slack - the more the knicks are going to lose.
If he wants a PG to average 5-10pts and around 5 assists a game he might as well get any idiot off the street and mold him into the player he wants.
Stephon is a 25+ pts and 9+ assists player - That's why he gets paid big bucks - to provide those tangible results - use the man in the way he knows how to play.

While I respect his coaching regimen, Larry needs to be more flexible and not be a hard a$$ all the time.

Wow! - let me find out LB reads this forum!!! lol
Well Marbury was allowed to play his game (27pts, 8 asts) and the knicks got the Win

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
johnknicksman said:
yes it's clearly jerome james he stinks and what happened to all the people that jumped on the nate robinson ban wagon after the summer league like i said the summer league and the nba are totally different nate has no shoting ability at all and he probably jumps high but he is so small other guys still get up there with him and kobe schooled him when nate tried to d him i think if we can get a good player i would trade nate and jerome james

Kobe on Nate, thats a good matchup. :rolling:

Nate has his ups and downs just like any other rookie and you said in your original post that you were impressed with the rookies. Yes, Nate is small but he hustles and dives all over the place and thats what we have been missing here. Someone that leaves it all on the court. Don't give up on Nate so quickly.