Tim Thomas back to NY?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Tim Thomas could be coming back to New York in a trade for Penny Hardaway. I believe in Tim Thomas and I also think he can benefit us more than say Penny Hardaway can. His contract is still expiring and he can still ball (concentration mite not always be there) but the fact remains he can ball. A 6'10 SF sounds pretty good right now too. I know I'll get the hes a scrub remarks but think it out...Penny for Tim. Expiring for Expiring...would u take it?

Trin_Starr

Starter
I would definitely do that.
We lose nothing by giving up Penny. We don't even play him.
The Bulls lose nothing because they are not playing Tim either.
Expiring for Expiring - everybody wins.

We need a SF who can score and Tim can do that. In the last part of last season, when he got over his issues, he actually started to play good ball for the knicks.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
tim back in ny would make me very happy, we have no one who can score from that 3 spot right now. Q isnt getting it done and neither is ariza even tho ariza is playing good defensively, he isnt scoring and imo we should keep him off the bench for now because he plays more energitic from there.

Musa

Rookie
NEVER!

The best solution is getting back Spree. Lets forget things happenend in the past. He can help us.

Allen

Benchwarmer
In my opinion neither getting Spreewell nor Thomas back is very appealing. Both would be a step backwards. Keep them both in the Knicks past and focus on the future.

it may give us a slight advantage...TT is a career underachiever but has much more potential, while Penny is virtually invisible on this roster. but even with that being said, i would give Q more time to get into his groove

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
stick with what we have, q rich is struggeling yes but hes still putting up good numbers and hes definently going to break out of it, dont worry give him a week or two then lets decide to look at the market

ny3nyk

Rotation player
with that trade we arent hurting our salary cap since their salaries are virtually the same. thomas is healthier and more fit than hardaway, can shoot the 3, big body. boosts frontcourt veteran ship and overall offence along with frye. should be raining 3s with richardson, i think its a good trade

NYKnicks15

Starter
you guys are making it seem like Q plays the 3 spot for us...he starts at the 2 remember and him and JC switch at that spot for the entire game..

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
TT is a known underachiever. The main reason behind his departure. He showed signs of not working hard enough, both in practice and in games. Despite Penny being invisible on the roster, having TT would only worsen the roster mystery Brown is already having trouble adjusting and tweaking. We don't need TT to further worsen the situation at hand. Yes, TT can produce some points at the SF, but so can Ariza and Frye.

The fact that Penny isn'nt playing allows Ariza and Frye to get more playing time. I'm sure anyone wouldn't question that, nor choose TT over the aforementioned players.

But when all is said and done, these arguements are moot. Here's an exerpt from Newsday: "An NBA official confirmed Bulls GM John Paxson can not trade Tim Thomas back to the Knicks this season under collective-bargaining-agreement rules. Nor can Davis be traded back to Chicago. The Bulls will try to deal Thomas, but if they can't by February's deadline, they'll likely waive him and he'll be a free agent. Thomas said his first choice is to play for Indiana and isn't sure he'd want a reunion with Brown, who has traded him twice. "If it was up to me, I pretty much don't know if I would want to come back and play for the Knicks," Thomas told New Jersey's Herald News."

ny3nyk

Rotation player
ok screw thomas, he wants to play for indy then he could. for now, ariza has been playing well and we could only wait on al harrington.

dabish105

Benchwarmer
I guess tim for penny is not a bad move for us right now. I doubt Larry wants that because he seems not to like Tims style anyhow.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i dunno, LB seems to have started to show a liking for Penny's leadership, and lets face it, nothing about Thomas' situation in Chicago is making him seem more mature than Penny Hardaway.