Al Harrington to the Knicks?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Since becoming GM of New York Isiah Thomas has had his eyes set on SF Al Harrington. GM Billy Knight (of the Hawks) is known to stifle Isiah when it comes to transactions but it is believed that The Bulls and The Knicks are the two front runners for Harringtons services the latest being deadline. Only problem (at the moment) is Knight wants Frye..but Isiah wont budge (thank god). A expiring contract could work for both Harrington and say Delk to fill in the money void.

Looking at the Bulls roster and the Knicks roster and knowing the Hawks...who do you think will land Harrington? We need a starting small forward and Harrington (a good defender, scorer and 6'9 Small Forward) could be veryyyyyyy helpful...

Starks

Starter
Thats ironic...I just traded Malik Rose and a 1st RD pick for Al Harrington in NBA2K6 last week.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I could be wrong but I don't think we really needs a SF. I think that's alot of hype! When we get Curry back and Richardson get's his swagger back he can play SF and we'll be good. Right now we need to get healthy. Harrington's good but the price is too high.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Yes harrington is a good defender

I would rather have Q play the 2 not the 3 and let JC come off the bench like he has been cuz hes been doin very well off the bench. We keep him there then he could win the 6th man award easy.

If we get harrington that will only make us alot more better, he can score, rebound, block, and play good D. Get him!!!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
agreed, harrington is much more solid and polished coming off the bench. ideally wed lose some of our pfs to get him, so the lineup would be him, steph, q, frye, curry with nate, craw, ariza, lee/rose/davis, butler/james off the bench. i dont think ariza has been doing a great job starting and it would be nice to have him come off the bench.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Right now, I would love to have Harrington but I would not trade Frye for him. I think if the Knicks wait until it gets closer to Feb, they might be able to get him for an expiring contract and someone like David Lee (also we might have to include a draft pick as well). Also, for everyone who seems to think QR is the answer at small forward... Are you guys seeing something that I am not?? He is 6.6, a little small for my taste, and his true position is the 2 guard. JC is better coming off the bench and gives us a consistent 3 point threat, at the 2 spot, at all times. We need someone at the 3 spot that is comfortable in the paint, so we can get a few rebounds and put backs out of that position. Also, Harrington likes to drive to the basket so He could give us someone who can penetrate and kick out (if needed). This way our 1 doesn’t need to be the player that has to always take it to the rim!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
i would take harrington in a heart beat he is a good player and can score, dish and get boards. he can do nothing to the knicks but help us. great fit