Should Nate go to the NBADL?

Starks

Starter
Its been a month, and Nate still plays like he is playing a pickup game in a gym w/ friends. The kid does have some skills, but if fans can notice the frustration he is causing LB, then just imagine what happends act practice and in the locker room... If we get a decent backup or starting point guard (Watson, Boykins, Miller, Snow etc.) then I think this kid needs to get sent to the NBADL to turn into a pro. Right now he plays like he is on the Bobcats and that there is large room for bone-head plays and shots. I luv the shot vs. Philly, and I love his quikness and ups...but im sick to death of the turnovers, stupid falls, and the developing ego. That shot today was just an awful, self-centered jumper w/.
Other observations...
* I take back all the crap I give Crawford. We need his free throw shooting.
*Butler should get more minutes to develop into a stronger Center.
*Jermaine Jones officially can be called a bust! WOW this guy is horrible.Its soo sad that his job in life is to play basketball for millions, and he doesnt even know how to play the game. Are then any openings for floor sweepers? maybe Jones can do that for the city of New York

ny3nyk

Rotation player
the kid is good, good enough to be in the nba. he doesnt need to be sent to the development league, i think its just a matter of time before his potential unravels. sounds cliche but its true. as for getting watson, boykins, miller, "etc" you can check all those names off because they arent going nowwhere. now, i read a rumor the pistons and knicks officially offered minnesota for kg and kg said himself he'd love to be a knick. now thats news

NYKnicks15

Starter
nate's advertising, playing time, game winning shot and other press is all adding to his confidence and he is getting a big head...really wouldnt say he plays like hes on the Bobcats because if you watch the Bobcats you realize they play team ball...he needs something like being benched to get the point across not to get sent to the NBDL...

btw are you really a knicks fan? could be a typo but twice? cmon even my little sister knows the scrub that plays center for us is Jerome James...im serious and she is two.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
btw, how would playing against crappy players help his game? i think limited nba minutes are good, he really isnt ready to contribue at starter minutes yet but putting him in when the game doesnt matter or against 2nd unit players is good. he needs to work a lot outside of games to get better.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Yes the knicks marketing division are idiots - they over marketed Nate and now his head is gassed up like he is some superstar rookie.
He needs to realize he ain't shit - He's just a f*ing rookie
Stop thinking you can make the big plays down the stretch because u can't.

Learn to play within the team and not as a player looking for attention.

I guess LB has no choice to play him since he has no one to back up Steph....Dec 15th can't come fast enough!

Starks

Starter
dasilva1079 said:
How do you guys feel about Nate being included in a trade?

I wouldn't trade him just yet. He's quick and young, and might be good trade bait in a season or two. I think if he gets benched when a real point guard comes to the team after the deadline, he might get the point. By then they will stop showing that lucky rainbow 3 that he hit and he'll realize that massive press doesn't equal skills. If he doesn't get the point by then, then he needs to go. Anybody remember Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner??? Nate should take a look at that guy's career and try to clean up those big-headed mistakes early. Looking at him play, its like he doesn't realize that the team needs to have a good record to advance to the playoffs. I can really picture him being fine with getting more minutes, more points, more highlights, and Rookie of the year consideration if it costs the team an 8th seed for the playoffs. No wonder why J E R O M E J A M E S wanted to knock this lil turd out.

paris401

Starter
[quote="btw are you really a knicks fan? could be a typo but twice? cmon even my little sister knows the scrub that plays center for us is Jerome James...im serious and she is two.[/quote]

'plays center'.... how about 'occupies space' in the center position

pat

Starter
are you people out of your mind. there was once a young promissing point guard on the knicks team that did not get sufficient miuntes and finally sucked. (frank williams) throughout the years rookies who were allowed to make mistakes and got enough minutes became good players. we are not going to win anything with this team this season. why not seeing it all as a project and give nate his minutes. i am pretty sure LB will make sure that he does not get a too large ego. sending him to the nbdl or even the end of the bench would be a horrible mistake

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Before the season everyone was riding Nate's dick and hating on Frye. I wasnt a member of this site during this year's draft but i looked back on the forum and everyone was hating Frye, saying he could not be anything more then a poor man's Marcus Camby. People were calling for Isiah's head because he passed on Gerald Green. Now you guys are talking about him being the next Duncan. People in this forum expected Nate to be great and now you wanna send him to the NBADL? He was the 21st pick in the 1st round and many people thought he would go 2nd round he is exactly as advertised, a raw rookie who is 5'9" with tremendous athleticism. The fact that he had a few good games is a bonus. I still dont understand why people were not more excited about Frye, he was the 8th pick overall and the 5th best player on ESPN's draft board. Even during the preseason and summer league people hated on this guy saying he should get garbage minutes. Everyone needs to stop dreaming and have a realistic output. Our team was not expected to be a good team this year, the fact that we are playing exciting games and have promising young players is great. It is way better then past years where we had no hope at all and got blown out.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
20 is a CROOK said:
Before the season everyone was riding Nate's dick and hating on Frye. I wasnt a member of this site during this year's draft but i looked back on the forum and everyone was hating Frye, saying he could not be anything more then a poor man's Marcus Camby. People were calling for Isiah's head because he passed on Gerald Green. Now you guys are talking about him being the next Duncan.

sorry to dissapoint you, but i also went back to the last summer topics and found a thread about frye.. looks like there were only 2 posters that were against channing frye.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/knicks2003.html

i think "everyone" it's just a bit too much ;)

pat

Starter
but basically I'd agree with '20 is a crook'. the worst thing to do would be to rip this team apart only to reach the playoffs with no realistic chance to go into the second round or even the conf. finals. if isiah trades one of the rookies for an average guy, he is selling the knicks future and they will have no chance against Boston, the Warriors and Atlanta in a few years (if those teams stick to their plan)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
'should nate go to the nbadl'

absolutely not, he has the talent and heart to develop in the NBA as a rookie, and things can only get better for him. not even a chance, no way were sending him to the nbadl, no way