Quentin's brother killed

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how many of you have browsed today's story from the New York Post called FAMILY EMERGENCY SUMMONS QUENTIN but it's possible that Quentin has lost his brother Lee

This is what the post wrote today:

Knick forward Quentin Richardson was sent home to Chicago from Seattle before yesterday's practice because of a "family emergency," a team source said.
Specifics were not known, but a source said the situation was "pretty serious."

After practice yesterday, team president Isiah Thomas gathered the Knicks around for a prayer for Richardson's family.

Richardson is unlikely to rejoin the team for the rest of the three-game West Coast trip.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=3866

The next story appeared in chicago tribune (richardson's hometown)

Three men robbed a father and son, fatally shot one of the two four times and then led police on a chase through Roseland, Beverly and other parts of the South and Southwest Sides Monday before crashing into a nursing home, police said.

After crashing into the front steps of the Renaissance nursing home at 2940 W. 87th St., three men fled on foot. Police caught and arrested them a few blocks away, police spokeswoman Monique Bond said.

All three were in custody and awaiting charges. The victim who was shot was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was pronounced dead at 5:39 p.m., a Cook County medical examiner's spokesman said. The victim was identified as Lee Richardson, 31, of the 11400 block of South Parnell Avenue.
full story

:?

my prayers are now to his family and close ones

ny3nyk

Rotation player
it could all be a coincedence, hopefully, buy my prayers go out to q and his family too, as a knick fan and a christian

dabish105

Benchwarmer
Man, my prayers go out to Q and his family becaue this can have a serious effect on him for the rest of the year. I just dont understand how someone can take a mans life and life with it.

Starks

Starter
My God. Sometimes it takes a incidents like this for us to realize that despite a person's career, we are all human beings. Basketball would be the last thing on my mind if I was Quentin.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
ny3nyk said:
it could all be a coincedence, hopefully, buy my prayers go out to q and his family too, as a knick fan and a christian

nope, sadly it's not a coincidence. MSG reported it too during the sonics game

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
we have no luck with this sort of thing, this is most definently going to effect his performance, and this is not good news for him with his slow start already this season

Starks

Starter
Peach_NYK_21 said:
we have no luck with this sort of thing, this is most definently going to effect his performance, and this is not good news for him with his slow start already this season

It pains me to say it, but can we lay leave QRich alone. How would you feel if Richardson and his family saw this posting? And would you care about your job, if one of ur siblings were gunned down? I remember knockin on him awhile ago for a rumor about gang membership...but I'm not aking his humanity away. I think he should take some time off, and as far as the team is concearned, look for some one to replace him this year.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Starks said:
Peach_NYK_21 said:

It pains me to say it, but can we lay leave QRich alone. How would you feel if Richardson and his family saw this posting? And would you care about your job, if one of ur siblings were gunned down? I remember knockin on him awhile ago for a rumor about gang membership...but I'm not aking his humanity away. I think he should take some time off, and as far as the team is concearned, look for some one to replace him this year.

what are you talking about? no one here is knocking him and especially me.. first you cant ignore his slow start, because he has had one, and i merely said this is going to effect his performance, which it most definently is. naturally our prayers are with him and his family and it is a tragedy, but i was just saying that it is not going to help him with his game

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
It's good that the Knicks will be attending his funeral. It shows some unity between this team and a sense of togetherness.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of Q and his family.

R.I.P