Thought on our ineffective Centers

Kiyaman

Legend
We don't need Curry to grab 24pts 11rebs...we need him to grab 16pts 14rebs 2blk...a night...we need him to be a truly DEFENSIVE FORCE in the middle...we got enough other players on this team who can score the basketball!

What we don't have is that Goliath in the middle who can block and rip rebounds down like it's lunch time.

His ass also needs to hustle more back on the defensive end, which brings into question his conditioning once again..I wouldn't mind working as the KNICKS trainer...I know plenty of military training exercises that can whoop these guys asses into shape at the end of the day.

Eddy Curry Playingtime should be reduced to 28 MPG, because playing him over 30 MPG his body was not fit enough in the majority of games the last two seasons.
Curry have to be in shape if he gets 30 or more MPG this 2007-8 Season.
Curry becomes an important FACTOR in the Knicks WIN/LOST column if he receives over 30 MPG (he has showed to be a slow haflcourt offensive center).
we need him to grab 16pts 14rebs 2blk...a night...we need him to be a truly DEFENSIVE FORCE in the middle...we got enough other players on this team who can score the basketball!

The numbers 16, 14, 2, are the numbers that Zeke is expecting on any given game from one of the three frontcourt players (Zach, Lee, or Balkman) to put-up to assist Curry 20-7 stat this season.

Curry 32 MPG (and under) 20-7
Zach 32 MPG (under or over) 18-9-1
And David Lee 32 MPG (and over) 12-10-3-1
These are my predicted numbers of the Knicks main three Bigmen: 50 pts, 26 rbs, 4 ast, 1 stl, and no blocks. And this is with Curry 32 MPG of halfcourt offense. Hopefully SF-Balkman could add some blocks, rebound, steals, assist, and points if he receive 28 MPG this season.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think among the three bigs theyll average 1-2 blocks a game, more from lee and randolph but curry has shown a little bit of promise. how can you really say no blocks? dude you gotta be the most negative knicks fan i ever saw.

Kiyaman

Legend
i think among the three bigs theyll average 1-2 blocks a game, more from lee and randolph but curry has shown a little bit of promise. how can you really say no blocks? dude you gotta be the most negative knicks fan i ever saw.

Negative have nothing to do with watching the Knicks for two seasons with Eddy Curry, where at the end of so many games the game stat-sheet has 0 blocks. Its alright to be optimistic about certain things but to say or write that Curry & Zach will average 3 or 4 blocks together and only have 2 turnovers a piece per game is being overly optimistic. Now saying Curry will average a "Double-Double" this season is not being optimistic when you seen Curry & Lee on the court together the last two seasons when Knick-opositions do their best to block David Lee away from the boards leaving Curry open for so many rebounds. That's not being optimistic when Curry had 9 straight double-doubles last season when David Lee Started the game with him.

All my so-call Negativity comes from President Isiah Thomas, example: Jerome James! how can Zeke do so much searching on young college talent and not know anything about FA Jerome James and how he would fit into the Knicks rotation. The Knicks had so many players inwhich Zeke got rid of that plays 100% better than Jerome James at Center starting with Doleac, Mutombo, Nazr, Kurt Thomas, Jackie Butler, Frye, even Lampe.

You would think this offseason that Zeke seen the move of Rashard Lewis signing with Orlando for a big contract, and Orlando waived Millicic and how well Lewis & James played together in Seattle that he would be teasing Orlando in a trade for Jerome James knowing that Rashard Lewis will be all for this trade to have James watch his back in a new conference. Or even the Boston Celtics Ray Allen & James got along so well. However, I dont see any player on these two teams that the Knicks could get back evenly in a trade, plus the addition of Jerome James on any of these two teams may make James get his act together and leave Burger Kings alone for a season to take his 20 MPG performance to the next level to insure a good Playoff spot for these teams (Jerome James is worth 6 Fouls per game which could mean 3-blocks, 6-rebounds, and 9-points while intimidating oponents after working-out with Curry and Mark Aquire for two seasons.).
Its just that Coach Zeke has not found away to use any of Jerome James talents for two seasons which make you think negatively about why Zeke really signed Jerome James to the MAX MLE if he did'nt have a PLAN for him?

Kiyaman

Legend
butler seems to show the most promise, younger than all of them but aside from fouls, probably plays the most like a true center. curry has been through a lot with the heart thing in chicago and i think nows the time to put that behind and play like an all star. the potential is there, he has to work on d, rebounding, playing smart, and free throws.

This above response was posted in December 2005, when Jackie Butler was really into his first season in the NBA, playing like Raw Rookie Bynum but better when on the court with Rookie Frye and Lee.
These Three Guys (C-Butler, PF-Frye, SF-Lee) was supposed to be the Knicks Second-Unit frontcourt lineup in their second season together in the 2006-7 season.
If this second-season frontcourt lineup was their last season with Rookie Balkman off the bench too, the Knicks would have had a successful Post Season making it to the second round.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
well we dont know about butler because SA doesnt give him much playing time. i stand by that he could be a better center. he has the athleticism, height, length and strength to be an impact center on offense and defense. (this is based on the limited action i saw him in play in). i dont think a lineup of butler frye lee balkman and say marbury would be a nice ass startnig squad. the thing was also that we had jackie butler for cheap and didnt have to give up so much to get him, as compared to curry. i think for that reason we had to stick with this particular investment and thats why butler was traded or let go. your point about jerome james is moot. the team had no center because kurt thomas just got traded to phx. we had no true center on the team with kurt and without him we were more screwed. we didnt know we were gonna get curry then so to insure we at least had one big body he signed JJ. sure he overpaid but it was a panic move to make sure we had some big man. obviously it was a bust but you cant be perfect every time.