GAME THREAD - 12/9/05 - L - Knicks (81) @ Suns (85)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

10:00 PM, Friday, December 9th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (6-13)
stephon_marbury.jpg
nate_robinson.jpg
trevor_ariza.jpg
channing_frye.jpg
eddy_curry.jpg
MARBURY---ROBINSON---ARIZA---FRYE---CURRY
@
suns_logo.gif
PHOENIX SUNS (13-5)
steve_nash.jpg
raja_bell.jpg
shawn_marion.jpg
boris_diaw.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
NASH---BELL---MARRION---DIAW---K.THOMAS

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Suns Team Stats
Suns Team Notes

TV: MSG, ESPN
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

rady

Administrator
Staff member
change the lineup, change the lineup :D

There is no telling when the wheel of whimsy in Larry Brown's head will stop spinning, but as the Knicks' past and present collide Friday night in Phoenix, their future might finally be on full display.

If Brown sticks to form, Channing Frye and Eddy Curry will start together for the first time when the Knicks play the Phoenix Suns. Regardless of the outcome, it could be a historic moment in the evolution of the new-millennium Knicks.

Frye is the sleek, jump-shooting power forward, and Curry the brawny low-post scorer. Both are 22, teeming with potential and under contract for a few years. Each has All-Star potential, and if they both reach it, the Curry-Frye tandem should be one of the top center-power forward combinations in the league for years to come.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=3905

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks are gonna win this one and dedicate it to Q since he was not able to play in this game...
Watch for extra hustle, better defensive sequences...

On another note - the knicks are building great chemistry - the whole knicks team is gonna be at Q's bro's funeral - that says alot

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Starbury need to show everyone he can dominate steve Nash, he is more athletic, stronger, he need to take advantage of this!

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
I dont know why LB starts Rose all the freakin time, he is so bad. To start the Seattle game he had a terrible lineup including AD, Rose, Marbury, Nate and James. Having two old dudes like AD and Rose on the floor at the same time along with fatboy is a recipe for disaster, and thats what happened, disaster. Until JC took over the game

KnickGeek

Rookie
I know I'm supposed to predict, but I don't have a feel for this one. The Knicks surprised me against the Sonics.

However, if you hold a gun to my head, I 'd have to say Phoenix by 10.

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Arghh, we were close...with a little bit less TO's (23, season high...) some more shots from Frye (4 on 19...what happened?) and a better play from our bench...
hopefully, 17 of our next 25 are at home, let's make a winning streak...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i guess it was a good night to try and get frye's post up game going, it was obvious thats what they were trying to do, but those hook shots just did not fall, that affected his jumper wwhich he rarely attemted, we didnt play bad defense either, it was just the turnovers and missed inside shots that killed us

Nylex

Rookie
I'm confused.. do the Knicks wear white uniforms on the road now, or was it just for that game? The picture at http://www.nba.com/knicks/ shows Eddy Curry wearing white and I saw one of Trevor Ariza (on the NY Post site) in white also :/.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury lost us this game and the Clippers game with their poor decisions and terrible shooting. After the Seattle game Jamal has been taking awful shots. It is a shame because I was actually impressed with him before the LA game.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
not at all, the 23 turnovers, a season high, and channing frye 4-19 from the field is what lost us the game, steph and jamal werent as bad as either of those 2 factors

Starks

Starter
Well ther aslo is the factor that Phoenix is one of the best teams in the league and the Knicks...well, lets face it no matter what we tell ourselves, we are just a really bad "TEAM". Team chemistry and heart are nice terms for the papers, but look at our record (6-13). I am starting to get used to the loosing. I even feel weird we end up winninh, which is very rare these days. Lets hope we NJ and Phi keep loosing, and that we get a break on our schedule and play a bunch other bad teams. Oh wait, We got our asses handedto us by the Bobcats! I guess every game is a struggle

Trin_Starr

Starter
This game was not lost by Stephon or Jamal.
Sad to say, but if Frye made only 2 more baskets like the easy point blank layups he bricked or didn't get called 3 times for moving his pivot under the basket, the knicks could have won...
For a guy shooting 52% from the field, 4 of 19 is horrible.

It's hard to see the team lose, but you guys are delusional if you do not think the knicks are better than last year.
We beat the Supersonics who were on a 3 game winning streak and were 8-8.
We almost beat the clips at home where they were 7-1 at home (12-5 overall record) and really lost because of the back to back sapped Ny's energy in the 4th.

We almost beat the suns at home who are riding a 8game win streak and normally blow out teams by scoring over 106+ pts per game. We held them to 85!!

The knicks are not a bad team. Larry's system is actually paying off.
17 of the next 24 games are at MSG.
Watch for the knicks to make their run...