Malik Allen (1.6 mil)
Tim Thomas (13.9 mil)

CHI Gets:

Penny Hardaway (15.7 mil)
Draft Pick

Everyones Happy!
Thomas gets to go to IND
Artest comes home to NY
Penny goes to CHI and gives them 15.7 mil of cap relief.

Technically IND & CHI can do the trade by themselves but then artest goes back to CHI and NY gets nothing.

Starks

Starter
Even if the numbers math up....why would you do this if you were a GM for Indy or Chi??? Your would be stoned to death by fans. This would never happen. Most fans give a rats ass about cap room, and would rather have some shred of talent come in instead.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
most gms dont care that much about fans, they want to make teams competitive and save money. chicago isnt playing tim or allen that much anyway, and they basically trade nothing for a draft pick. indy gets expiring tim who can also play sf for now. ny obviously does well too. i dunno if it would work but it seems we like to trade with chi, the only issue is how bad they wanna get rid of artest cuz of the bad blood with indy managemtn and isiah.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
why not give davis back to chicago instead of penny, im thinking paxson will bite on the trade because with chandler playing like garbage they need better defence down low and sweetney can't cut it starting at center

NYKnicks15

Starter
cant trade a player back to his old team u recieved him from in the same season...im guessing thats why. and Indy will get much better offers than Thomas & Allen. hell well give em Q & Lee before that happens

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Did everyone forget about the possibility of trading for Garnett. I know that Minny's owner has come out and publicly stated that he isn't ever going to trade KG, but I think that was more a cover up than anything.

Trading away a franchise player like KG during mid-season will most definitely affect attendance and in turn revenue. Acknowleding any validity to the rumor would have caused major negative feedback with the fanbase as well as ruin any success the team is experiencing. They are currently in 1st place in their division but I don't doubt for a second that KG still wants out.

They've been at the top for several seasons with relatively little roster changes. The ban placed on the team's ability to participate in the draft has placed a huge burden on KG to produce. A package of KG & Wally and getting expiring contracts in return allows Minny to clear cap space. Including Crawford, Lee and possibly a pick gives them youth and hope.

I'd much rather see KG in a Knick uni than Artest.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'll be honest, as knick fan, giving up any of our rookies Lee, Frye, Robinson and even a 2nd year player like Ariza is just too high a price to get Artest or Garnett.

I rather see the young guys develop rather than trade them away for a quick fix.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
Allen said:
I'll be honest, as knick fan, giving up any of our rookies Lee, Frye, Robinson and even a 2nd year player like Ariza is just too high a price to get Artest or Garnett.

I rather see the young guys develop rather than trade them away for a quick fix.

pass up on kg and artest, again? a player that can help us and make an impact (i.e cassell, garnett, artest, nash, etc.) is way smarter than waiting a couple of years to see some rookies develop, and they might not even be good. this sort of thing happened in phoenix over the summer. they lost johnson and richardson, but they got suitable replacements for them in house, diaw, and jones. they traded robinson, draft pick for james, and isnt doing shit with dijon thompson, and look where they are right now. we need immediate impact players, not gamble on rookies

Allen

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk its moot point anyway because I.T. went on record, saying he will not part with the Knicks young core of players. I agree with that decision.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
i would also trade lee or ariza or even nate, ariza gives us no offense just a little defense and athleticism and lee is not even playing and nate just gets all this hype because he is a small guy that can dunk he is to small and other regular sized point gaurds just post him