Q to Washington FOR Atkins&Jeffries?

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/13/AR2005121301961.html

Frustrated Atkins Gets His First Start

By Ivan Carter
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, December 14, 2005; Page E09

Chucky Atkins replaced the injured Gilbert Arenas in the Washington Wizards' starting lineup last night. The decision to sit Arenas gave Atkins, who has expressed frustration over his role for several weeks, his first start of the season. Atkins, who entered last night's game averaging 5.6 points and 2.2 assists in 16.6 minutes, had 12 points and nine assists in 45 minutes.

Fluctuation in his playing time has bothered Atkins, who did not get off the bench against Toronto and Indiana last week but played 32 minutes, at the time a season high, in Sunday's overtime loss at Miami.

"I like D.C. and this organization but I'm also in a situation where I'm in the last year of my contract and I need some kind of consistency," Atkins said before last night's game. He was acquired in a trade this past summer from the Lakers along with Caron Butler for Kwame Brown. "I need to know that I'm going to play 20 to 24 minutes. I need to know that. Right now, I don't know that for sure. I'm not saying that I have to be traded but I do need to know that I'm going to have a consistent role on this team."

Players that were acquired last summer are eligible to be traded starting tomorrow. According to a source close to Atkins as well as a team source, the Wizards have discussed a trade that would send Atkins and fourth-year forward Jared Jeffries to the New York Knicks in exchange for swingman Quentin Richardson. Atkins played under Knicks Coach Larry Brown in Detroit and, according to several reports, the Knicks are in the market for a defensive-minded small forward.

NYKnicks15

Starter
interesting, never said Knicks discussed though...only Wizards thought about offering. which is good. we could use a 6'11 defensive minded SF in Jeffries but im really not a big fan of either. not because of name recognition just their style of play. Atkins has never averaged more than 5 apg which wouldnt help us out in the "true" point guard position. i say we wait until the Artest sweepstakes are settled AND the deadline nears closer before we pull the trigger or even think about this trade.

dabish105

Benchwarmer
Yeah, but we can unload a big contract and Chucky is consistent from beyond the arc. Although we are not getting much in return we have to realize that QR does not fit in well with this team.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Q does fit in dis team...larry brown has to find a away to get him more touches cuz he averages like 8 shots a game...Q is very tough to guard for the regular 2 guards and he to quick for 3..give Q some time..lately he has been playin much better and agressive

dabish105

Benchwarmer
he does not fit cause he is a three point shooter and more of a perimeter player with no defense.. we all know those are all things that LB is againts..

NYKnicks15

Starter
Q plays no D? hmm interesting point of view. and I agree Larry would be against a perimeter only, 3 point shooter that doesnt play D...but thats not Q...you have to open your mind past his year Pheonix...