Isiah to pursue Rashard Lewis

NYKnicks15

Starter
Isiah is rumored (which usually striked true) that if he cant land Artest which seems unlikely at the moment then he will heavily pursue Seattle's Rashard Lewis. It all depends on if Seattle wants to begin cost cutting measures meaning cap relief. Supposedly Isiah would jump on the opportunity to send Penny Hardaway and Nate Robinson over to Seattle for Rashard and say the contract of Danny Fortson (2 years left)..

I think this would be a great move and as I am not the biggest fan of N-Rob I wouldnt mind seeing him and especially his diva-punkass like attitude leave the Knicks.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
well rashard did say he'll opt out on his last year, probably wouldnt mind being traded NOW. 6'10, can play 3 positions, great shooter, rebounder, all-star, definitley will help us on both ends of the court

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i would take him in a heartbeat. he's definitely one of the top 25 players in the game today and he's still young.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I wouldnt want to give up nate because he plays with so much energy and thats what the knicks need more of. I would rather give up lee and penny for rashard

vince

Rookie
Jazzyknicks33 said:
I would rather give up lee and penny for rashard

Stop dreaming.... Do you realise what you're sayin ?? Why not land taylor & rose ? hahaha very funny: an all star player for cap shit and a rookie who has proved nothin'....

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Well its not like nate robinson has proved much more than david lee and he's bein brought up in the trade so you should be sayin this to everyone not just me.... Vince
When david lee has played, he has proved that he's very fundamental, he can jump, and hes a good rebounder. Nate shows that hes very turnover prone, but he can play defense with a lot of energy and rebound very well for a guy his size.
I don't think the Sonics should take either deal for Rashard Lewis

NYKnicks15

Starter
cap space is very valuable nowadays, especially when you have a disgruntled player with a big contract...you cant just waive him. you get an expiring contract (in this case Pennys) and wipe it away clean leaving you loads of money to get news players in the offseason.

now nate would be the key in this so Lee wouldnt work. isiah isnt holding back as much on nate because of his attitude, lack of discipline and respect for Larry and just the overall locker room. seattle would want him because he is from seattle. played at washington state. hes very very very popular over their more so than ray allen is.

Seattle gets rid of a disgruntled player and gets money to sign talent for next season AND a hometown boy you mite be unproven but still has skills

nyk35

Benchwarmer
rashard lewis is what tim thomas could have been. similar size good outside shooter the only difference is that rashard plays a bit of d and rebounds better

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
maybe seattle will take jerome james back?? actually, fat chance, especially after isiah gave him that bloated contract.

i have a conspiracy theory that when isiah gives these BUMS like vin baker and jerome james 10X the money they deserve that maybe they are giving him a "cash" kickback when no one's looking....

otherwise how can one explain the RIDICULOUS contract he gave james

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Lewis is a great talent; proficient scorer, perennial all-star, deadly in the paint as well as the 3 point line… He’s all these things but there is one thing he is not, a Brown type of player. Artest (and I am not the biggest Artest fan) is more the type of player that fits into Browns system. Players like Rashard and QR excel in the fast pace of the run and gun west. Come to think of it, so would Crawford for that matter!! I truly believe that Artest would be better suited for the Knicks than Lewis. All that being said, if we could get Lewis for PH and NR; I would do it in a heart beat! I just think that RL’s game might suffer in the type of system Brown is trying to put forth.