Reasons for Knicks fans to still tune in.

Starks

Starter
The Knicks got their spot blasted in a blurb on ESPN's daily dime today. I wasn't aware of this but our draft picks this year go to Chicago. And next year to San Antonio (So what was the point of getting Rose???) No wonder why Thomas is holding on to the young guys for his dear life, because they REALLY are our future. So its pretty much clear that Thomas has no idea what he is doing, and that the team is in blackhole. So why still watch?

1. Make bets with your friends on how many more fights Nate will get into. Bonus points if you can name which Knick is the first to publicly bash him in the papers, or punt his cocky ass off the court.

2. Take the opportunity to be amazed and wowed by the incredible human foul machine- Jerome James! He has nearly as many fouls as points! He is even fatter then Curry! He can't shoot! And best of all, he is Isaiha's prized offseason move. (Dont look at his salary, its that scary)

3. "The Best Point Guard In The NBA???" Need I say more

4. Its always old timers day at the Garden w/ Rose,Taylor, Davis, Penny! So bring the kids and have a ball watching these clowns struggle to run up the court

5. Jamal Crawford always brings excitement! We never know when he will drop 20, or throw up 20 bricks. If inconsistant had a picture in the dictionary, there would be an image of that stupid face he makes after he chucks up a disgusting shot.

6. Its just a matter of time before Larry Brown looses it and starts to join the rest of the world in making fun of how horrible Thomas has done here.

7. It would be pretty funny to see Brown actually come to the garden with a hat and sunglasses on, like he shows up to his son's games. I think he should take it farther and put a bag over his head to add to the comedy that is on the floor.

8. Law of diminishing returns
- States that with the more and more input you add, eventually marginal product begins to fall. *As delusional as us fans have been with the team ever since we got Steph...pretty soon we will seem to root against the team. I'm serious, I'm starting to hope we keep on loosing so that somehing drastic is done to change the team.

9. Walt Frazier, Al Trautwig, and Mike Breen have been the best thing about the team all season. There conversations are so much more pleasant than watching the clowns on the court. Plus not even they can defend this shitty team anymore.

10. On the bright side, Frye and Ariza wil develop into good players. Ariza may never be a scorer, but maybehe can blossom into a Tashyuan Prince kinda guy...minus the jump shot

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Its amazing how you people call yourself "fans..". Sure the Knicks are in a hole now and alot of you are cracking jokes and saying this and that but when they slowly start digging themselves out of it and start winning some games I can't wait to see what alot of you are gonna say...A fan should be there during the good and the bad, thats what makes the losses feel bad and the victories feel good, because you know you never gave up hope...Dont blame the knicks for your anger right now. Blame yourselves.. you idiots were the one's that hyped them up before ever seeing them play a game. Larry Brown, Q Rich, Rookies. Almost everyone was on Nate Robinsons dick when he was drafted to the team and now a few incidents and you guys wanna trade him. Maybe we should trade them so that they can go to better teams and can succeed knowing they got away from hostile fans...ex Kurt Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, Antonio McDyess, (Even Spree was happy when the wolves went to the WCF).. Every body says the team lacks toughness..this team must b tough if they can endure the criticism and comments of the NY "fans" and media..

dabish105

Benchwarmer
I believe we will be a better second half team . At least I hope cause right now its flat out embarrasing to see this team. Even the Lakers with far less talent are playing better :(

Starks

Starter
JaDaMeL05 said:
Its amazing how you people call yourself "fans..". Sure the Knicks are in a hole now and alot of you are cracking jokes and saying this and that but when they slowly start digging themselves out of it and start winning some games I can't wait to see what alot of you are gonna say...A fan should be there during the good and the bad, thats what makes the losses feel bad and the victories feel good, because you know you never gave up hope...Dont blame the knicks for your anger right now. Blame yourselves.. you idiots were the one's that hyped them up before ever seeing them play a game. Larry Brown, Q Rich, Rookies. Almost everyone was on Nate Robinsons dick when he was drafted to the team and now a few incidents and you guys wanna trade him. Maybe we should trade them so that they can go to better teams and can succeed knowing they got away from hostile fans...ex Kurt Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, Antonio McDyess, (Even Spree was happy when the wolves went to the WCF).. Every body says the team lacks toughness..this team must b tough if they can endure the criticism and comments of the NY "fans" and media..
Fans have a right to be frustrated. If there were no fans, there is no business. Simple Economics here. As for Nate, I think only a small handfull of people were dick riding him. As for Kurt, Nzar, and Spree, I don't recall anyone really calling them out for hurting the team. Thats the problem with this current team, one person can't be called out for disrupting the flow, because there is no flow at all. It be easy to take a player out and become a better team like in Indiana, but you need a team first b4 u do that.
I've been a diehard fan all of my life. I was there in the Riley days, and I defended them ever since. That team w/ Camby, Spree, LJ and H20 was always ripped apart by critics, and I still stood by and cheered them when San Antonio stream rolled over us.
If this team somehow got out of this funk and got better, then i would love it more than anybody in this city. But there comes a time in every fan's "fandom" when they have a right to get frustrated and demand for a change to the status quo. A fan by itself may be just a voice, but collectivelly, we are the entity that Thomas, Dolan, Brown and the players get paid millions to please. Its part of being a proffesional athlete. Being part of the public eye and allowing yourself to get criticized is just a small price to pay for the millions, fame, and the thousand dollar hoes that come with the territory.
I'd trade away my college degree and my graduate school education for the chance to ride the bench as an athlete, even if it meant everyone in the city was against me.
Don't take it personal when your favorite players are smashed in the papers. They all are thankful for where they are at in life. From a realistic standpoint, what do you think many of these players would be doing with their lives if it wasn't for basketball??? Think about that answer for a moment, and you'll realize the element that makes this country great, but so wrong as well. *Oh and you can throw JaDa into that equation as well ; )

NYKnicks15

Starter
once again we DO have a first round pick next season! We get San Antonios as long as they place higher than lottery (which is a give in)! We got David Lee with that 30th pick last season. remember?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"5. Jamal Crawford always brings excitement! We never know when he will drop 20, or throw up 20 bricks. If inconsistant had a picture in the dictionary, there would be an image of that stupid face he makes after he chucks up a disgusting shot. "

Um which jamal crawford have u been watching? acually wut games have u acually watched this year, only a moron who doesnt watch n e knick games would say that, because crawford isnt jacking up shots, or being selfish, u do no that he has takin more ft's this year then 3's?

4. Its always old timers day at the Garden w/ Rose,Taylor, Davis, Penny! So bring the kids and have a ball watching these clowns struggle to run up the court "

Its funny how u include taylor as an "old timer" when he is only 28 years old.

"10. On the bright side, Frye and Ariza wil develop into good players. Ariza may never be a scorer, but maybehe can blossom into a Tashyuan Prince kinda guy...minus the jump shot "

The only thing prince really has on Ariza is a jumpshot, how is he gonna develop into a player hes better then minus the jumpshot. ALso prince is a good postup player. Prince doesnt get rebounds, doesnt get steals, and i think he is overated as a defender.

Y are u bashing isiah? he did nothing rong but bring good talent to this ny knick squad, i dont no if u were a "knick" fan a few years ago when we had a differnt GM by the name of layden? sound familiar, if u want to start *****ing about isiah doing a bad job then think back 3-4 years ago

also isiah has brought this team alot of good young talent, and a great coach. He has drafted well, its not his fault his players arent playin up to par or that larry brown loves his vets so he takes time away from others. Isiah did a great job with this team, once then develop some chemistry, and larry works with them for a while watch how special this team will be.

Also i find it funny that u are trying to bring humor to this bad situation, we are a bad team, and yet u seem to be makin fun of us, exactly how long have u been a knick fan? and u must be a die hard fan to look at a bunch of negatives and make a bunch of jokes puttin everyone down callin dis team a failure, if u wanna ***** and complain go post at realgm.com were all the other retarded clueless fans go.

Starks

Starter
Hey asshole, im only 22, but Ive been a die hard fan of this team since 1991. Any true fan that remembers what this team use to be, would be sickened by the load of worthless shit we have become. If you can remember our old teams, and then look at the garbage on televison and be satisfied, you are delusional! However, in times of despair like this, humor is the best way of dealing with it. Becuase if you accept what we have become, then that is simply sad. Real fans can rip a team all they want, so dont give me any of your crap. And I don't care what u say, Crawford IS NOT CONSISTANT!!!!! PERIOD AMEN. AND MORON CAN TELL YOU THAT. JUST LOOK AT THE BOXSCORES FOR PROOF IDIOT!

paris401

Starter
KnicksFan20 said:
"

4. Its always old timers day at the Garden w/ Rose,Taylor, Davis, Penny! So bring the kids and have a ball watching these clowns struggle to run up the court "

Its funny how u include taylor as an "old timer" when he is only 28 years old.

"10. On the bright side, Frye and Ariza wil develop into good players. Ariza may never be a scorer, but maybehe can blossom into a Tashyuan Prince kinda guy...minus the jump shot "

well maybe taylor is only 28... but he plays like he is 38..

as to ariza.. another thing that prince has which trevor does not and by the look of things never will... is a ring... also prince is part of a dynomite
"" T E A M '""... so far i don't see thomas putting a "TEAM" together..

hey its early so we;ll see... B U T ... any team that starts antonio,taylor,rose... ain't going no where... unless they are playing in an over 40- league...

and then there's jerome... ahh forget it... its xmas... merry christmas...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i said it a LOOONG time ago...this team needed to completely unload the roster, go to the lottery a couple years in a row, maybe pick up a lebron or amare or someone like that, and just start fresh.

id rather be a bobcat fan right now than a knick fan.

isiah doesnt know what hes doing.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I still watch the Knicks....simply because I love them still. Im from New York, I love basketball, I love the Garden. I may hate the players sometimes (ala Shandon Anderson) but I still root for them to do well in a Knicks uniform. They are very bad yes, I agree, I may not even get up for games anymore but I still like them. Even though we are this bad, I still we should beat the Nets. Yea they are much better than us, but its the Nets, we're the Knicks. I dont know where this season is going, but I will be right there to the bitter end or a magnificent finish.

Agreed, I'm a Knicks fan in Indiana! And thats during the mid-to late 90's when I was probably the only NY fan in the entire state (Now thats a given) too. I became a Knick fan by watching the Oakley-Ewing-Starks trio and have remained so throughout the Houston-LJ-Spree trio and even now into the Stephon-Penny-James trio of doom. I will continue to watch them and hopefully see a great Frye-Curry-Robinson trio develope too. Problems are primarily on the court IMHO and that starts with Starbury.... I'm ready for him to go, but even so I'll root for him as long as he's in orange and blue.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
OK, I guess I should put my two cents in too.....

I been here since the Riley days too, been through the best Ewing days and through the past 3 or 4 losing years now. But still I can't let myself miss one game, I just wouldn't be a true die hard fan if I did. After watching all the trades and pick ups we made in this past draft and trades, I was excited to see what we could do this season, eventhough my favorite Knick was traded in Kurt Thomas...

After a good portion of the season now, I must say that we need some major change....I don't care if we get people that I don't even know their name, as long as they play some ball the RIGHT WAY!!!

I gotta tell you guys, am getting sick of watching these guys. Every game is the same garbage, if we play good defense, we suck in offense. If we do great in offense, there is no defense. In the beginning of the season we actually showed some defense, but at this moment I believe the Defense is worse than the past few years....

Isiah better start moving people, cause this group is just not working well together................YOOOOOOOOOOO and whatz up with Marbury getting like 5 points last night and passing off on every shot attempt????

I just don't know anymore.......I need something to believe in..

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Ohhh and Crawford is getting better. Taking much better shots than last season and if you ask me I think he is the one that is Larry has affected the most so far. But he is still inconsistent, somedays he is hot, some days he can't hit anything

dacash

Benchwarmer
im not from new york,i reside on a small island in the bahamas called abaco,while its good to see so many knicks fans from all over the world get together and discuss the team,sometimes its hard to read your comments,one thing we all have in common wether we agree on da current roster is how passionate we all are about the knicks.that said i feel in small(very small) doses though our record may say otherwise,we are an improved team just not a healthy one.or a smart one.for a while marburys turn overs were getting smaller,jamal was getting more efficent,curry when healthy has shown what he could do,lee, ariza,nate,and frye were coming along but when the losses mount up u get depressed pissed off etc and thats what im seeing a group of ppl who cant escapethier bad record and a coach who maybe a teacher but isnt a nurturer and cant let the fellas know whats needed now. ill keep watching them cause im a knick fan not a sometime fan, a fan who though pissed off at getting teased everyyear by my coworkers who switch teams with every new superstar that emerges,im a knicks fan. a crying sad sack but a knicks fan