GAME THREAD - 12/26/05 - L - Knicks (101) vs. Nets (109)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:30 PM, Monday, December 26th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (7-19)
3099.jpg
3417.jpg
3860.jpg
2143.jpg
3279.jpg
MARBURY---RICHARDSON---ARIZA---DAVIS---JAMES
VS
nets_logo.gif
NEW JERSEY NETS (15-12)
2625.jpg
3248.jpg
3523.jpg
3530.jpg
3622.jpg
KIDD---CARTER---JEFFERSON---COLLINS---KRSTIC

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Nets Team Stats
Nets Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

ny3nyk

Rotation player
tough game...nets have been really really hot, especially carter who dropped 51 against heat....

paris401

Starter
ny3nyk said:
tough game...nets have been really really hot, especially carter who dropped 51 against heat....

and the heat plays a little '' d ''... he might break wilts record against this team...

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Trust when I say Carter is tired... Sure he had 2 days rest before this game, but playing on such a high level for those certain amount of games puts alot of stress and work on the body. Dont get me wrong, he's gonna get his share of points, but if we make him work for them, they're not gonna be falling for long. The Nets offense flows through him so if he's off, theres a chance we could win, especially if curry comes back. He should dominate against the Nets weak frontline. Frye's been off lately. Expect a good game from him.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
its time jamal started in front of quentin, sure the rebounding is there, but an early lead with crawfords offensive skills will win the game instead of playing catch up in the 3rd quarter

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ny3nyk said:
its time jamal started in front of quentin, sure the rebounding is there, but an early lead with crawfords offensive skills will win the game instead of playing catch up in the 3rd quarter

no disrespect but u must not see who da knicks are playing...u telling me dat u going to start jamal crawford to guard JKidd,VC, or RJ come on....and jamal crawford is better off the bench thaan Q cuz jaml brings energy and he better wit the second unit

paris401

Starter
this is kidd's first opportunity of the season to see the best damn point guard in the nba...

yep... and jerome is the best damn center in the league...

bottom line i doubt the knicks will even be in the game by early in the 3rd quarter...

Blumatic

Rotation player
JaDaMeL05 said:
Trust when I say Carter is tired... Sure he had 2 days rest before this game, but playing on such a high level for those certain amount of games puts alot of stress and work on the body. Dont get me wrong, he's gonna get his share of points, but if we make him work for them, they're not gonna be falling for long. The Nets offense flows through him so if he's off, theres a chance we could win, especially if curry comes back. He should dominate against the Nets weak frontline. Frye's been off lately. Expect a good game from him.

True but this is the Knicks, this is the Garden. If were very good teams are pumped for a challenged. If were bad like now, teams are waiting to pounce on us.

Starks

Starter
This just in: ESPN has placed the Knicks LAST! in their weekly power rankings.

Hey I can't blame them. But are we worse than the Bobcats, Hawks, Hornets, and Raptors?? Evidently..YES!

Things are only looking to get worse...are schedule is not exactly friendly for the next 2 weeks. Brace yourself Knick fans, for many of us, this will be lowest point of our fandom that we have ever encountered.

Starks

Starter
Is it just me, or was showering Stephon w/ boos a little harsh? I mean did anyone think we can even compete w/ the Nets??? And no matter what he says, we all know Kidd is 10x the point guard Stephon is. But i think we should keep the jeers off the court atleast. My love affair w/ Marbury ended a long time ago, but I feel bad for the guy. Dont get me wrong, I'm not defending him, but I just think the boos are a little much. Lets see the fans boo him off the team like they did to Don Chaney.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i believe larry brown is effecting marbury's...marbury in his whole career is a shoot first PG and now larry brown wants him to be a pass first....is it me or does is seem that jermone james gets more touches than curry....why do da knicks go away from the pick and roll with frye...wassup, im a da only one that sees larry brown is lost coaching the knicks..he doesnt know wat to do...knicks should be running, half court game should not be there game

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
That was the Knicks future out there on the court when they made that run, with the exception of Q-Rich. I hope all the Nate Haters can finally realize what so special about this guy. He brings energy and passion to the game that Knicks fans haven't seen in a while. I mean sure he can get a little wild and crazy, but he's come a long way from when he first started. The Knicks shouldve run the pick and pop more times with Frye. Curry and James need to learn when to pass out of the post. They're surrounded by defenders and they still try to score. It's not as if they cant see out of the post, because there taller than everyone else. Everytime James gets the ball, he does a hook or spin that comes up short. AND HE'S 7'1!! He should be put on the IR and let David Lee get some burn. Crawford should start with Nate coming off the bench as the 6th man. The reason the Knicks lose all these games is because they get buried early in the first and decide the fourth quarter is when to make their run. Sure that may work against some trashy teams, but If they're gonna get anywhere thats got to stop. We could've won, but there were a few stretches where the Knicks turned it over or didn't score. But I liked what I saw in that game.. at least in the 2nd half anyway. I hope Larry Brown see's this and makes some changes in the rotation for the next game. Hopefully Curry can stay healthy and make the chemistry better, by having everyone together at the same time.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The fans did the same to Ewing and Houston even when they were in their prime.....

Marbury is just getting the brunt of their boos because he like Ewing and H20 were the marquee players on the team...
Marbury needs another allstar sidekick.
Did any fans boo when Q went 1-7
Hit a fucking shot man!
Did anyone boo when Curry ALWAYS gets an offensive foul every time he touches the fucking ball in the post!!!
Did anyone boo when Jamal made 2 stupid turnovers in the final minutes when the knicks were making their run???

This shit Isiah put together is not helping him at all.
We can get Artest - fucking Isiah needs to trade Lee and get him.

Artest's energy and defensive presence with an added offensive punch is exactly what the garden needs - exactly what nate provided last night...

And better yet, he would have been able to shut down jefferson and carter.....

So Isiah you fucking asshole, pick up the phone and get Artest over here....
I am sick to my stomach seeing the knicks look like a bunch of pussies!