Start Nate?, Bench Steph? Let Kids play?

Blumatic

Rotation player
The Knicks get off to bad starts all the time. And they only play well when they feel they are about to lose. Most of the time the team that tries to come back is completely different from theteam that starts.

Starting line up:
Marbury
Richardson
Ariza
Davis
James

Finishing Line up:
Robinson
Crawford
Richardson
Frye
Curry

Come on. That line up brought so much energy. Nate is great. Steph got booed rightly so, even though it broke my heart. But Steph needs to bring that type of energy and enthusiasm and nastinest that Nate brings. Nate is not a LB type pg. Steph is more that type than Nate but Nate always make something happen.

I watched Steph closely against the Nets and he is so blah out there. He plays good but his demeanor is what kills this team. Dont know how he is behind the scene but on stage he is bland no expression passion or desire. He may say he has it but he has to shoe it.
When Nate steps on the court the Garden is in anticipation, Nate knows that. The Garden fills with a buzz when Nate is on the floor and the players feel it and play better. The oppents feel it and get worried. Steph steps on the court and brings no anticipation. He's soft. Love him but he's soft. No external passion.

LB needs to compromise his coaching and let the kids play. Why is Lee inactivated. Imagine Nate and Lee on the same court. The defense would improve.

The starters have to set a tone early. Set a mood for the game. Energy wins games, energy helps you play D and helps your O.

Step up Knicks.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I saw what happened to Steph as well, but to tell you the truth Larry is sucking out every ounce of aggressivenes that makes Marbury who he is.

Do you know why Marbury never got booed once even tho we went through that 12 game losing streak last season - because he was allowed to play his game, he was allowed to do what he does best - that is to score....even tho the team had a very disgusting record, the fans saw marbury put it out on the floor every night....
Larry is having him play a more passive game....
It might be even possible that Larry is hoping that by playing Marbury like that, the fans will boo him so that either he or Isiah gets a trade done....
But if Larry truly cares about Marbury and being the best player on this team, the next game expect Marbury to have a more freedom in running his own plays and scoring when he wants....
If we don't see this, then it is basically guaranteed that Larry is trying to break Stephon...

paris401

Starter
JJtheKnick said:
i dont understand y frye doesnt start every night. frye is probably our best shooter!

brown has a very strange rotation... when the kids are brought in, the energy level doubles (or triples)... then he subs the veterans back in, and the energy level plummets...

larry what the h-ll are u doing??? do u have a clue??... bring back herb... and send larry packing back to east hampton

ny3nyk

Rotation player
we wouldnt be at this situation if jyd was still around...we need more energy players like nate and williams. i think its best to bench q for now and replace him with crawford, not nate. crawford is a more of a go to guy and gives us instant offense. nate can be 6th man for that boost of energy

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Though the energy that the "kids" bring is wonderful....I don't think that it would translate into a full 48 minutes...you need energy guys coming off of the bench...If they all start then we won't have that option on the bench.
We need to figure out how to get the "verts" to play some ball and some D...Hell, we are scoring plenty...but we give up so many soft points.

I don't think we are as far away as it seems...If we had Steve Nash instead of Marbury we would be leading the division...not to say Marbury is at fault....but there are pieces there...let's get them time...let's not make a trade for Jalen Rose and let's see who is available at the deadline...

Thank goodness for college hoop season!!!!

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Larry needs to be able to switch around the rotations so that he has a little bit of everything in the lineup at the same time: Some offense, defense, and energy. We all know Steph and Robinson can play big minutes so..

Starting:
Marbury- Offense/Decision Making
Crawford- Offense/Decision Making
Ariza- Defese/Energy/Hustle
Davis- Defense/Rebounding
Curry- Offense/Intimidation

2nd Unit:
Robinson- Offense/Defense/Energy
Marbury- Offense/Decision Making
Richardson- Offense
Lee- Defense/Rebounding/Hustle
Frye-Defense/Offense

And from there Brown could shuffle it up a little, as far as foul trouble and stamina comes into play. Rose should be put on the IR for Lee. Mo Taylor could be the odd man out, who comes in if the big men get into foul trouble

You guys should definately start the young guns as I like to call them. I was impressed by lil Nate last night during the game and espcially in the fourth. He has showed what your entire team has been lacking. It seems that no one seems to care at times. The Knicks should all take a page out of lil Nates book and I think he is leading by example. Great rally late in the fourth guys. You guys are hungry and I think that give you gys one more year and you'll be rumbling at the top with us. Goodluck on the rest of the year.

Starks

Starter
I've been ripping on Nate all year, but that kid reminded me of Starks out there. After this game his head is gona balloon up big enough to reAch the Garden rafters, but if he can have his shot working that well every night, I'll be okay with it for the time being. Nate made the entire team look like a bunch of lifeless zombies out there and stole the show. I dont think that merits 38 minutes a night, but if Marbury doesn't do somthing to change his image, then maybe starting Nate for a few games would be an intersting experiment. Kudos to Nate, for showing a pulse on the court. I wouldn't be so sick of the losses if we played our asses off like that every night. Its Marbury's bored look with the towel over his head that gets me boiled up.

Larry what do you think:

High Octane Squad
PG-Nate
SG-Crawford
SF-Ariza
PF-Frye/Lee
C-Butler (should Curry be here?? Maybe if he learned that its not ilegal to pass the ball when is dead in the paint with no shot..Oh and loose some weight u fat tub of lard)

Walking Dead Squad
PG-Steph
SG-Q Rich
F-Davis/ Rose
F- Davis/ Rose
C-James

Blumatic

Rotation player
Starks said:
I've been ripping on Nate all year, but that kid reminded me of Starks out there. After this game his head is gona balloon up big enough to reAch the Garden rafters, but if he can have his shot working that well every night, I'll be okay with it for the time being. Nate made the entire team look like a bunch of lifeless zombies out there and stole the show. I dont think that merits 38 minutes a night, but if Marbury doesn't do somthing to change his image, then maybe starting Nate for a few games would be an intersting experiment. Kudos to Nate, for showing a pulse on the court. I wouldn't be so sick of the losses if we played our asses off like that every night. Its Marbury's bored look with the towel over his head that gets me boiled up.

Larry what do you think:

High Octane Squad
PG-Nate
SG-Crawford
SF-Ariza
PF-Frye/Lee
C-Butler (should Curry be here?? Maybe if he learned that its not ilegal to pass the ball when is dead in the paint with no shot..Oh and loose some weight u fat tub of lard)

Walking Dead Squad
PG-Steph
SG-Q Rich
F-Davis/ Rose
F- Davis/ Rose
C-James

I was thinking the same thing last night. Nate is the new Starks. It was in credible. Hopefully he can get a big dunk on Kobe like Starks did to Jordan.

I understand a hesitation to bench steph and q, but we should put a defensive unit out there first. An energy level first. Setting the tone is very important. And the Knicks nevr do that. Their losses are so methodical you can predict how bad they will play, play by play.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
in the beginning of the season everyone was like "o we're gunna get at least 45 wins this year" ...and i was the only one sayin we'd be EXTREMELY LUCKY if we had 40 wins by the end of the season...look at our team now...i'd be happy if we had 30 wins for cryin out loud...the bottom point is, we have a horrible team and as long as we have stephon marbury as our point guard, we're not gunna win too many games, and its not a coincidence that every team steph has been on sucked.

paris401

Starter
H20 OFFdaHizZLe said:
in the beginning of the season everyone was like "o we're gunna get at least 45 wins this year" ...and i was the only one sayin we'd be EXTREMELY LUCKY if we had 40 wins by the end of the season...look at our team now...i'd be happy if we had 30 wins for cryin out loud...the bottom point is, we have a horrible team and as long as we have stephon marbury as our point guard, we're not gunna win too many games, and its not a coincidence that every team steph has been on sucked.

45 wins... my bro was predicting 55 wins... last nite he told me they will win 40 games... i asked him... where the hell did 15 wins go in 1 month??

i agree that 'starbury' only makes a team better when he leaves it... however with 4 years and 76m left on his contract, i don't think he is going anywhere.. he like the best damn center in the league (that would be jerome james) are virtually untradable. maybe, just maybe someone will take on james and his contract as its only 5m per... but 'starbury' is slated to make 19m 'per'... ouch... get used to seeing him on the bench with a towel over his head... he's here for a longggg time...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Thats funny bench an NBA All Star whos carrer average his atleast 20 ppg and 8 apg for a undersized rookie PG. Nate should come off the bench and give us that energy we need off the bench as a sprak plug to put some life into our player.

paris401

Starter
NYK Way said:
Thats funny bench an NBA All Star whos carrer average his atleast 20 ppg and 8 apg for a undersized rookie PG. Nate should come off the bench and give us that energy we need off the bench as a sprak plug to put some life into our player.

i did'nt say bench 'starbury' for nate... what i did say/meant to say is get used to seeing 'starbury' , when he is not playing and sitting on the bench with that towel over his head...

hey.. wait a minute..maybe u are on to something,,, lets start nate.. and start the game off with some energy, then bring 'starbury' off the bench for a 'spark'... oh wait a minute... that won't work..

energy + spark does not = 'starbury'...

First time post, but the topic made me finally just reg and post a bit.

I’m not one to let Brown off the hook for some of this season’s failures but I think that something he shouldn’t get attacked for is the lineup switches. The guy is just trying to find something that works. His problem is that he’s found something that works in the young talent on the team but as someone already mentioned they get the team going and then Larry throws in James or Davis, which just kills the consistency. Sure the rookies (Why is Lee not playing!) probably can’t go for 48 minutes, but jeez let the young guys play for longer than these 5-8 minute spans. Unless Frye is dying and in need of a break I really don’t know why he even sits at all.

Hopefully seeing their playing time decrease might cause guys like James and Marbury to step it up and play with some intensity for once! Course Starbury will probably just pout and demand a trade sooner or later… I say good. That and a slimmed down healthy Curry should make for an improved second half of the season. Can’t be much worse!

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
This How this knicks startin lineup should be:

PG- Stephan Marbury
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF- Quinten Richardson
PF- Channing Frye
C- Eddy Curry

With this lineup let them play...dont call a play everytime down court...let them get a flow and no each other more...running a set play everytime down court does not put us in a rythm...

Earlly in the season Larry Brown tried that and we were in the game...everyone was hyped up and especially marubry....cause he playin at the pace he wants and can run the offense...everyone was in rythem...we won a few of those games...and i have no clue y larry brown went away from it...i like watchin the kicks play at a more up beat tempo then the opposing team...makes the other team wory a bit... and wen that happens we can control the game...we are always playin catch up... and we cant get no rytem if were always gonna have to play catch up...

2nd Unit:

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Trevor Ariza/Qyntel Woods ( Woods can give us an outside shot...)
PF-Antonio Davis/ David Lee
C- Jackie Butler/ Jerome James