what do we need?

hoop115

Benchwarmer
hometheater is right, the only way for us to upgrade our team is to continuously trade takin on long term contracts in the process until we find the right mix players. Keeping Penny would do us no good. We'd still be over the cap and would have lost trade bait in the process. We have to trade Penny, but I don't think Jalen Rose is the answer either. Jalen isn't exactly washed up but he's not exactly a solid contributor either. Trading for AK47 & Boozer would be great but I doubt Utah in their right mind would do it, especially with Layden on their payroll. Marbury should be shopped while he still has trade value. As long as LB is our coach, there is no way Marbury can be our PG. I wouldn't want him playing our 2 either.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Question to hoop115

Hoop115, if Utah was willing to make that trade (ak47 and boozer) but they wanted Frye in the deal... Would you make it? Say it was for the 2 expiring contracts that we have and say future picks and Frye.... Would you pull the trigger?t

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
RMK-NYK said:
Instead of Marbuy conforming to LB, how about the coach conform to the level and type of talent that he has? Isn't that what a coach is supposed to do? Look at Pat Riley...showtime in LA in the 80's, then he came to the Knicks and took a roster of physical, hardnosed, hussle guys, and had them do just that...and he rode that to the NBA finals. Even Phil Jackson now...the man I thought could never win if he didnt have a ready made team...he's got his team playing above .500 and only 3 out of their division. Is it his ideal style of ball? No I'm sure it isnt, but he's taken the talent that he has and realized the only way they'll win is to ride it on Kobe. Rather than fighting with his superstar player in the press and belittling him, he's leaning on him and making the most of him.

I realize that this Knicks team is in a rebuilding phase, and you've got to take your lumps before you grow....but honestly...this team should not be THIS bad. Enough of this "play the game the right way." I'm sick of that tired phase. The only reason that worked in Detroit was because Brown got Rasheed Wallace gift wrapped to him 2 yrs ago, and that wasst conform to a stubborn, the final piece. I mean look at the Pistons now after Brown is gone. They're immensely better, and actually playing better offense. Lord knows what could have happened there last year had Brown actually taken what he had and maximized it rather than having players conform to his stubborn methods.

I'm just not impressed with the guy so far, and I'm tired of his talking up the other team's roster while he belittles his own, and changes his rotation every game. And now he's starting to openly take shots at Marbury in the press. Honestly...it's really totally ridiculous, and he's making an embarassment of this team. How about the guy actually start coaching, and stop telling us game after game that it's his fault and that he "...has to do a better job."

You know, I remember VanGundy using the media to get his message to the players. That is an old trick that most coaches use; Riley was huge on that as well. The thought process that the proven coach must conform to a stubborn, pre-madonna star player is the very thing that plagues the NBA today!! Brown has won, and he always has success at some level with every team he coaches, and yet you Marbury guys think he should change his wining ways and philosophy to coddle a player, that buy the way no coach has ever been able to harness this guy, and revolve the team around the player’s philosophy. He is also supposed to disregard the other players’ needs and styles for him as well. Because Marbury’s game isolates his teammates.