David Lee, our permanent SF starter

rady

Administrator
Staff member
According to the ny post, larry brown decided to "develop the three rookies even if that means sacrificing wins"
Not bad, and as a result lee is going to be knicks permanent starter at the small forward position. (now what happens to ariza, our future star from last year?)
Also, nate robinson will be our starting SG.

No matter what happens, this is something that had to be done. I remember a couple of seasons ago, we had a great rookie in frank williams, but he wasn't used enough. same thing happened last year with ariza (he only started in a few games the time when timmy was out)

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=4097

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
I think David Lee should be the starting 4, instead of Antonio Davis. He plays the same hard nose D, he's younger and has more energy, he's a rebounding machine, and he's a pretty good passer and ball handler for his size. Davis is 6-9, 245. Lee is 6-9, 249. I really hope Ariza isn't cut out of this lineup..he should be starting SF. We'd get offense from Marbury, Robinson, and Curry..and defense from Robinson, Ariza and Lee. Davis should be cut out the rotation like the other old guys..Rose,James, etc. We should just let his contract expire or use him as traid bait with Penny..

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
rady said:
No matter what happens, this is something that had to be done. I remember a couple of seasons ago, we had a great rookie in frank williams, but he wasn't used enough. same thing happened last year with ariza (he only started in a few games the time when timmy was out)

Go get that kid Frank williams, he could help this team

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Only reason Ariza was a "future star" last year, was because he was the one young guy on a team of overpaid/overrated vets. In all honesty I've never been enamored with him. He can play good d, has good jumping ability, and plays with energy. However, unless he can develop an offensive game he's not a star in the least.

I can see him being used as trade bait in the offseason as part of a package for hopefully a higher draft pick.

You have to play him if you want to trade him. The guy has great potential to be an effective and exciting starter for someone in a couple of years. If everyone else in the league is looking at him, saying "If this guy develops a jump shot he will be really good" then we can get some offers. Nobody is going to look to add him if he's been demoted to waterboy by the worst team in the league.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
LOL, I kinda agree with Nick but I like what Larry is doing though. He straight up said that Lee and Woods beat Ariza for the playing time so thats why they are playing. If Trevor wants it, he has to work for it. Now that's a nice coach in my opinion.
You could be at the end of the bench one day, but if you work hard enough, you can get playing time.

Almost forgot, I just saw Frank Williams over at the White Plains, Galleria a few days ago. Didn't picture him being that big and I don't mean height wise, I mean built wise. Dude looks really wide and like he been hitting the weights. I wonder if he was around just visiting family or talking to Isiah....