GAME THREAD - 1/10/06 - W - Knicks (92) @ Cavaliers (84)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:00 PM, Tuesday, January 10th, 2006​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (11-21)
3099.jpg
3947.jpg
3956.jpg
2143.jpg
3514.jpg
MARBURY---ROBINSON---LEE---DAVIS---CURRY
VS
cavaliers_logo.gif
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (20-12)
3045.jpg
3322.jpg
3704.jpg
3602.jpg
3121.jpg
SNOW---JONES---JAMES---GOODEN---ILGAUSKAS

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Cavaliers Team Stats
Cavaliers Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

NYKnicks15

Starter
even tho it mite hurt him in the long run i think Ariza should. he shut down Lewis pretty nicely wen put into the game.

NYKnicks15

Starter
following that up, dont get me wrong I dont think Ariza or anyone for that matter can shut down LeBron. and i think we have to let LeBron be LeBron...i think Nate and Steph need to, and will shut down the opposing guards (especially seeing Hughes is not playing).

then you have to let Curry stay in there for longer minutes and get physical with Z. if that all happens i think well have a good chance. you shut down the G's and get physical with Z and you have a great chance to win. Gooden and LeBron being the only factors left and i think if you put Davis in there to guard Gooden for extended minutes hell get tired out and then switch up with Frye, Frye will get his mid range shots in (which Cleveland isnt good at guarding if memory serves correctly.

i think besides of the obvious LeBron Donyell Marshall will be a big factor. his 3 shooting needs to be watched very closely. as does DJones but i think Nate/Marbs can take care of DJ its DM that scares me.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
We cant stop LeBron. Larry Brown just has to be able to use his SF's fould wisely. We could foul alot early and send him to the line..try to make him frustrated so that he doesnt get into a groove. Also we have to capitalize on the minutes that he's out of the game and make our runs then. As long as we stop everyone else and stop their transition/perimeter game we should be able to squeeze out another W. :gony:

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: Once again, I think the key is Frye. I know he's not good on help defense yet, but I think the future of the Knicks is working out a lethal inside out combination of Curry and Frye. I wanna see them develop chemistry on the floor together. Our offense stagnates in the beginning of road games cause Davis is not a consistent outside shooter, and unless Lee can start taking more shots, defenses are gonna pack it in on Curry in that damn zone and that always gives us problems. With Frye out there with Marbury, Nate, and Curry we would have too many offensive weopons to double our bigs down low. We've made a living in the paint the last three wins. I'd even consider starting Frye, bringing Mo Taylor off the bench at the 4 and having AD playing backup center.
Lastly we gotta trap James early in the offense, keep him out of the paint and make him score from the outside. Don't let him penetrate and dish out to Jones who does nothing but shoot threes, which have been killing us lately.

jayp

Benchwarmer
Lebron's unstoppable.. focus on the rest of the team.. rebounding is key in this game.. maximize posessions.. lastly, CONFIDENCE!! it's been a key factor in our win streak and we should keep it up.. go knicks!!!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Add another W in the knicks win column...

We'll be at 11 and 21.

Watch for Mo and Q to take some charges against Lebron and have him be in foul trouble for most of the game.

Blumatic

Rotation player
We just need to play our game. We have alot more weapons. Make free throws cuz we get there a lot. Make Lebron earn his points. Make hom shoot bad percentages. Poor shooting means more rebounds. Just play.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
we have a lot deeper bench, our starters just have to keep it close with them, and hopefully well pull away/ahead with our bench... hopefully

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
87 82 with 2.30 remaining, we will maybe win 4 in a row, it's 3 o clock in the morning here in France, am I dreaming or the Knicks are eventually a good team?

NYKnicks15

Starter
4 in a row beating Pheonix, Washington, Seattle, Cleveland man were playing alright! FINALLY. Crawford had a great game and marbs did aswell. i hope we continue playing like this! seeee man just had to let LeBron be LeBron, shut down the G's and rough up Z...and ull get the win against cleveland ;)

ny3nyk

Rotation player
screw z, screw lebron, screw everybody, its about the knicks now. people seem to forget we are undefeated in 2006. its now we get some respect for how we've been playing

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
The future starting lineup, and my Nba LIVE lineup, was there on the court in the 4th quarter when we got the lead,

Marbury
Crawford
Richardson
Frye
Curry

Thats it baby, great win, really really really great win

jayp

Benchwarmer
great win!! next game is gonna be harder though, against the much improved Mavs.. their bench is strong and Dirk is about as hard to guard as Lebron.. I say our chances are 55-45 (i gave the 5% just becuase im biased, hehe).. if we win this game im convinced we can beat the other big teams.. go knicks!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
Stephon's assist-to-turnover ratio is through the roof...can you say MVP? For the first time in his career he's controlling the tempo of the game, being a true leader on the court. I'm really hyped about our playoff chances after these past four games where they are proving that they can play the right way. God bless Larry Brown!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
ny3nyk said:
screw z, screw lebron, screw everybody, its about the knicks now. people seem to forget we are undefeated in 2006. its now we get some respect for how we've been playing

Respect from the Refs as well.....those in Cleveland were f*#king us over....it was pissing me off

The offensive charge on Mo by Lebron
The 3pt foul on Crawford by Newble
The hack on Lee by Lebron
The offensive foul on Frye by Gooden....

Such bogus calls man....F*ck the refs