Draft '06

NYKnicks15

Starter
I see a lot of uncertainity on the draft picks our New York Knicks have/dont have/traded away/Isiah gave away etc etc. SO I'll start this topic to answer those questions and start the topic early of who should we draft?

Our first rounder which seems to be going down in value) goes to Chicago unprotected via the Eddy Curry trade. If we place 26-30 it goes to Utah. Could be looked at as bad, but if we continue to win I dont think well have as much trouble with it..especially seeing we got EDDY CURRY.

Our second rounder goes to Houston unprotected via the Maurice Taylor trade.

As of now, we have ONE draft pick this year. San Antonio's first round pick. (so root for SA to lose as much as possible). Its top 10 protected, but we all know they wont make the top 10 haha. We got this in the Nazr Mohammed for Malik Rose trade ast year. Everyone dislikes this trade which is understandable to the naked eye. BUT honestly i dont mind it. Malik will be traded if possible and Nazr is doing squat in SA anyhow. the real catch is that we acquired their first rounder last year and this year. and if you remember we got DAVID LEE with that 30th last year. No doubt Isiah will use this pick wisely. That pick stands @ 29th right now...

NYKnicks15

Starter
theres no need to worry here. expect a trade or two before the deadline for us. even if it doesnt get us a player in return. i can see a few PLAYER TO BE NAMED for FIRST ROUND PICK trades involving the knicks. Mark my words well have another pick by deadline. also the draft this year isnt so determined meaning, after say number 3-4 its open game. and there are a lot of SF's in the draft this year which we are going to gun for. a few come to mind (with reasonable thought regarding our spot in the draft) such as Steven Smith of La Salle, and a few overseas players like Marcus Vincius (who ive heard a lot about) and Markota from Croatia (believe his first name is Damir?)...

and if we can somehow gather a second rounder, we definetely definetely should go for my boy from Syracuse Gerry McNamara. Great shooter (which we need) and yes he is an undersized SG (6'2) and not a traditional PG. so why would we want him? Confidence in his game and pressure situations, shoots when needed, passes when needed and if we can have N-Rob play the SG why now someone 6 inches taller?

portega1968

El Cacique
Thanks NYKnicks15 for informing us on the status of our future picks.

We have so many young guys with potential on our roster that I feel fine with those two future picks. I'd hate to see Da'Bulls get a lottery pick from us...another motivation factor to get into the playoffs.

Can't imagine the Raptors getting Rudy Gay to go with Villanueva and Bosh... that would be a strong trio up there. I doubt Atlanta will take another SF.