Where are the marbury haters????

Trin_Starr

Starter
Quote of the day 01/22/06 from the NYPost

"You don't realize how much you rely on someone like Stephon before he's not out there," Eddy Curry said. "It's so much harder to do everything."

Thank you Eddy for putting this thread to rest.

commonse

Benchwarmer
Trin_Starr said:
Quote of the day 01/22/06 from the NYPost

"You don't realize how much you rely on someone like Stephon before he's not out there," Eddy Curry said. "It's so much harder to do everything."

Thank you Eddy for putting this thread to rest.

yeah Trin_Starr, I was going to post the same Curry words.
who can see the team better than somebody from the team?!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
For all the Marbury fans, who would you rather have Chris Paul or Stephon? T.J Ford or Steph? I personally would prefer any of the two. I think that both the guards I mentioned know when to score. They dribble penetrate to get guys around them great looks. I think Marbury makes way too much for his contribution. In the future, the Knicks need to decide whether or not we keep Marbury or go younger and allow the kids to go through the growing pains needed to play in the NBA.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
the only thing i dont like about marbury is that sometimes he too unselfish, trying to please the ppl

paris401

Starter
dr.carpy said:
In the future, the Knicks need to decide whether or not we keep Marbury or go younger and allow the kids to go through the growing pains needed to play in the NBA.

when the knicks traded for 'starbury' their fate was sealed... you can't trade him, cause nobody wants 'towelhead' and his 76m contract... i repeat.. nobody will take him.. he is here for the next 4 years...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
paris401 said:
dr.carpy said:
In the future, the Knicks need to decide whether or not we keep Marbury or go younger and allow the kids to go through the growing pains needed to play in the NBA.

when the knicks traded for 'starbury' their fate was sealed... you can't trade him, cause nobody wants 'towelhead' and his 76m contract... i repeat.. nobody will take him.. he is here for the next 4 years...

I think there is probably 2 teams that might trade with us for Steph.
1) T'wolves- Especially since KG has spoke out that he would like to try working with Steph again.
So, if we did make a trade with the T'wolves the only way it could work is if they gave us Wally and Troy or Jaric.
2) Heat- I can see the Heat looking to move Walker and maybe Jason. I see Steph being the kind of guy Riley likes. It would be a good fit because Steph could pick up the slack when Wade is not on the floor. I am not sure how JW would fit with Brown but I think Isiah would love to get Walker.
3) The Lakers are also in need of a 1 but I can't see Jackson pairing Steph and Bryant.

Do I think either are going to happen? No and we will most likely keep Steph and that is that. The Wolves trade is the only one that might have the dimmest chance. I think when a super star like KG says he would like to have someone, the orginization usually tries to apeeze him. I could live with Wally and Hudson but nor Wally and Jaric.

paris401

Starter
i agree that a trade with the wolves is a 'slim' possibility... i don't know if the wolves want... or can afford to take a 76m contract on... that's a lot of coin for a midwest team... they don't sell 1000 or 2000 dollar court side seats in mn...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You guys are talking B.S. Asking who would we rather have Steph or a guy that is better is pointless. Stop the movement it's going no were! Face the facts. All this talk about Marbury hurting the team is nonsense! And I label those that make such ridicules statements as losers that don't know ball. You guys represent everything that is wrong with NY fans.

Marbury here = Knicks beginning to win.
Marbury hurt = a losing team that is the equivilet of a college basket ball team.

Matter a fact, I think there are a few college teams that can bust our a$$es with out Steph. I'm not tring to say he's the best or anything crazy like that but Marbury clearly is the current star of this team. So we can go back and forth about who would be better but it's pointless. Fans should show so F*%ing loyalty to guys that play for them and stop b!tchin all the time when the team loses!

The Don has spoken!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Great article! - definitely worth reading...

The Evolution of a Star-bury
Mike Melnitzky

Two years ago I joined Knick fans everywhere in celebrating Isiah Thomas’s first major move. Brooklyn’s own Stephon Marbury was back in New York, and back in the same arena that he once led his high school team to the city championship in. In his first few years in the league Marbury was regarded as a borderline All-Star, however, to New Yorkers Marbury had been a legend since his Coney Island days. I distinctly remember his first game in Madison Square Garden against the Houston Rockets. With the pregame atmosphere electric, Stephon took the court to cheers last reserved for warriors such as Charles Oakley, John Starks, and Patrick Ewing. The end result of that game was a humiliating blowout loss, and after almost two seasons without significant improvement, many people believe Stephon has worn out his homecoming.

Marbury came to New York after stops in Minnesota, New Jersey, and Phoenix, each campaign creating another knock against the undeniably talented point guard. We’ve all heard the gripes with Stephon; “He’s too selfish,” “He doesn’t make his teammates better,” and of course, “He’s not a winner.” I couldn’t disagree more.

The Knicks’ horrendous start to the season had half of New York calling for Marbury’s cab out of town, but their recent six-game win streak, and the three game losing streak following Marbury’s injury has many New Yorkers rethinking their position. No one can deny how hard Marbury plays. No one can deny his talent. No one can deny his toughness as evident through the two hundred and eighty game iron-man streak that was snapped against the Chicago Bulls this past week. Now, fans cannot deny that Marbury does in fact make his teammates better.

The Knicks have looked lost without Marbury controlling the ball. Not only was his penetration relied on for easy scores and ensuing free throws, but he was able to get the ball to other scorers like Channing Frye and Eddy Curry in positions that make them the most dangerous.

With Marbury coming back from his injury sometime this week, the Knicks will look to regain the form that had all of New York buzzing. No one expects much from this season, perhaps at best a first-round playoff exit, so it is important that fans think about the future. Players like Frye, Curry, Nate Robinson, and David Lee could one day make the Knicks relevant again; however, Knicks’ fans should understand that with Marbury in that mix, New York boasts an elite NBA talent as their primary ball handler. Instead of the media and the fans hounding Marbury when he does something wrong, he should be allowed to make mistakes as part of the maturation process of these promising young stars. Maybe then he will be able to show the league that he’s the player all of New York once thought he could be.

paris401

Starter
''New York boasts an elite NBA talent as their primary ball handler''

who might you be refering to???????

if you are refering to 'starbury'... use any adjective you want , but 'elite'..... pleaseee

commonse

Benchwarmer
paris401 said:

if you are refering to 'starbury'... use any adjective you want , but 'elite'..... pleaseee

yes ELITE! thats right & you know what? Marbury is in the top 3 point guards in the LEAGUE & not just in the league but in the whole WORLD!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
paris401 said:

Yo dude,
I normally don't rip people - but u got some serious issues man!
I don't know if u just like to act as a fag or if its just in ur nature...but seeing that ur screenname is Paris - I'm assuming ur from France and well then that explains it all...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I agree with Paris... Marbury is not an "elite" point guard. In fact, he absolutely stinks as a point guard. What he is; he is a prolific scorer. Because of his size and the position he plays, his game makes it hard for a team to win consistently.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
all the knicks got to do is put marbury at the 2 and let him go nut, he a better scorer than passer...larry brown says theres no true PG but penny is a good PG when healthy, let penny play the 1 and push marbury to the 2...knicks did it 1 game vs. the clippers and that caused alot of problems for D and the offense was nice that game...

marbury_260_040105.jpg
PH2006011802673.jpg

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Well what do ya know! Larry Brown said theres a true point guard in Penny. You know I think some one else said that before Brown did. Who was it... Oh yeah a guy named MEEEEE!!!!!!!! Marbury should be moved to SG, we've been through all of this before. Yes Marbury is a born scorer. I have a question for all of you homoes, I mean Marbury haters. Who would we replace him with? Who? He has too high of a contract to trade out right and he's the only player on this team that can score consistantly so why would you trade him? Because we're losing? Is that really a good enough reason? I mean do any of you homes, I mean Haters really think the NY Knicks would be a better team with out Starbury, and if so for who? I would like to see a realistic answer to this question cause this back n forth $h^t is getting old!

Once again the GREAT DON HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!! :flippa:

paris401

Starter
commonse said:
paris401 said:

yes ELITE! thats right & you know what? Marbury is in the top 3 point guards in the LEAGUE & not just in the league but in the whole WORLD!!!

top 3.. ?? - it is starbury,nash and kidd?? - or is billups in the mix... what about parker... should i go on??

paris401

Starter
Trin_Starr said:
paris401 said:

Yo dude,
I don't know if u just like to act as a fag or if its just in ur nature...but seeing that ur screenname is Paris - I'm assuming ur from France and well then that explains it all...

yo dude... is excellent english... ain't from france... but no big thing if i was... but a guy from stamford putting down anyone... look where you live... you are a lot closer to new haven then greenwich...

Trin_Starr

Starter
Yo fool,
Did I write that fucking article?
No - if the author Mike Melnitzky wanted to describe Marbury as an elite PG, then that's his prerogative....but I agreed with the general essence of his article - That's why I posted it

By the way - make sense when u write - it really shows ur age!
Isn't there a forum rule that states only people 10 yrs and over can post on this site!

paris401 said:
Trin_Starr said:
paris401 said:

Yo dude,

yo dude... is excellent english... ain't from france... but no big thing if i was... but a guy from stamford putting down anyone... look where you live... you are a lot closer to new haven then greenwich...