LB to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

Starter
today i heard in another forum that LB is going to leave after the game against the clippers. do you know anything about it???

and if this is true, what do you think about it?

Trin_Starr

Starter
I seriously doubt it.
If Larry Quits, he forfeits $45 mil

No one in their right mind would turn that up - maybe Dave Chapelle - but we all know he's not sane! lol :)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i really doubt about this.. larry brown has had other ugly first years with other teams..

NYKnicks15

Starter
which forum is this? that's false reporting and sources. listen to this site if you want the real news and rumors haha. honestly no that's not the case. He'd be loosing A LOT of money 45 million asforementioned. plus Isiah is getting him two things in a trade within the next several days that Larry desperately wants. a shotblocker and a pure point guard.

commonse

Benchwarmer
Brown is a good coach & its all good what he just started, Our team is just young but I'm sure that the next season the Knicks will DOMINATE!! :afro:

pat

Starter
"Larry Brown, the former New York Knicks Headcoach announced on Monday evening during a short and extemporaneous meeting with press after the public Knicks training, that Isiah Thomas and he accorded, that he, Larry Brown would retire immediately as Head-Coach of the New York Knicks.
Brown, who was the Knick's head-coach since the beginning of the 2005/2006 season, achieved a team-record of 14 - 23 in 37 games.
Expected as the great hope amongst of the New York Knicks, which haven't made it on a playoff spot since years, Larry Brown received a warm welcome at his first day as Knicks coach
No one expected him to leave that soon, as his contract actually was valid until 2010/2011 and as he was the big hope in the Big Apple.
Said Larry Brown:"I always looked out for challenges. So did I when I was a player. But during my, short, time in NY, I felt, despite of the big expectations, the big hope the fans put into the team and into me, and the big challenge, that there is no more longer a sensible and reasonable way to get on with the management concerning the complete and successful rebuild and recovery of the New York Knicks basketball team.
I have my philosphies and my own imaginations of running a basketball team and I have been successful with these philosophies and systems.
But when you are not able to work out your plans and systems properly, because of lack of material and because of lack of the right decisions concerning the roster, I rather retire, than being responsible for more slumps and for more losses. One may say I am a coward, but believe me, there are too much differences between Isiah [Thomas] and me, which make it impossible, to move on without a bigger clash. You may wonder, that everything comes that sudden and unexpected.
I was very proud, having had the opportunity to coach such a great team in such a great city, and I still believe in this team.
The core ist young and hungry and still prepared to learn and to make progress."
After this, well, let's say, farewell speech, there was a short silence in the press-room.
Brown`s future is up to now uncertain.
Probably he will coach the team a last time, when the Knicks host the Los Angeles Clippers.
Further details to Browns contract and the outstanding settlements were not disclosed.

After the Clippers game New York will probably be coached by Herb Williams again.
He already guided the team through rough water in the 2003, 2004 seasons and is again expected just to be a interims-coach.

With the early and really unexpected loss of Larry Brown the Knicks lose, in fact, their last real champion.

Marc Shieper NYPost, Anthony Resper NYTimes, nba.com, Knicks.com

(Quellen: www.nytimes.com www.nytimes.com www.nba.com www.knicks.com)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
right.. please post a valid link to this, because none of the sources mentioned by you aren't saying anything about this.

The core ist young

ps: posting false information is a violation of the forum rules

pat

Starter
as I already said, I got it from another forum and the guy in the forum gave these sources. i just thought that the actual forum is irrelevant for you, since apart from this excerpt, it is completely in German. I regarded this article to be authentic, since on a German message board a made up article would be less flawless. I did not mean to break any rules.
But here is the link anyway:
http://www.sportforen.de/showthread.php?...e=144&pp=25

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i see, but the guy who posted that should have posted the exact links of where he took the excerpts .. i visited some other forums as well, and nobody seemed to know anything about this

no harm done ;)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
WTF!!!! Yo you should be smacked for that B.S. So basically any one can make up anything and post it up here now? Yo rady I think you should dump this whole topic in the forum dump!

rady edit:
i'll just lock it for now and dump it after it slumps on the other pages

Status
Not open for further replies.