Trade RUMORS/FACTS

NYKnicks15

Starter
Alright there's a lot of rumors and reports going around. Peter Vecsey says this. Denver Times or whoever says that. Stephen A. Smith rambled on. yadda yadda yaddda. here's a recap of fact and fiction.

Despite rumors. Eddy Curry & Channing Frye are the only two untouchables. YES Channing is still untouchable.

Stephon Marbury will not be shipped out. Contract untradable at this point.
Kenyon Martin will not be a Knick. Isiah said no to the contract.
Malik Rose & Jerome James are playing time so Isiah can trade them.
Trevor Ariza is sitting the bench so he doesn't lose value.
Jamal Crawford will most likely be traded.
Quentin Richardson will not be. Bad back, long contract.
Larry Brown has gave Isiah a list of what he wants. (PF, SF, PG)
Earl Watson will be a knick, unless Seattle scoops him.
Al Harrington will be heavily pursued.
a shotblocker even if it's Theo Ratliff will be on the team by deadline.

theres some facts. just to sort them out kinda give you a recap. ill try to keep doing the same.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
I would be totally shocked if Isiah can find someone dumber than he is to take Jerome James on. Ratliff and Harrington would be good pickups for sure. I hope he's not making Ariza, Lee, and Robinson untouchable in all of this, especially if there is good talent he might be able to get back.

And please for the love of god, I hope he doesn't trade away any more draft picks

Trin_Starr

Starter
I just hope there are no more crazy watson and bryon russell trade rumors like what Larry wanted to do earlier this week...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
dunno if this trade is possible, but i think q for watson and lenard would be good. lenard wants out and becomes a f.a this year with gives frees a little space on cap and we would get watson which helps obviously in our pg situation. q boosts denvers needed shooting and lets anthony and others do their thing down low

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk, thats a good trade idea but we dont have roster room...we would have to waive somebody, probably woods rigth

portega1968

El Cacique
I doubt anybody will be taking on Q's deal, considering his recurring back problems are not insured and he's lost his shooting touch.

I definitely don't like Bryon Russell (has he done anything decent since Jordan syked his ankles back in '98?)

Is there any way we can work deals for Watson from Denver, Theo from Portland and Rashard Lewis from Seattle? Would Penny's deal, Crawford, Nate, Lee, Ariza, Jalen and picks do the trick? I wouldn't think twice!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
I doubt anybody will be taking on Q's deal, considering his recurring back problems are not insured and he's lost his shooting touch.

I definitely don't like Bryon Russell (has he done anything decent since Jordan syked his ankles back in '98?)

Is there any way we can work deals for Watson from Denver, Theo from Portland and Rashard Lewis from Seattle? Would Penny's deal, Crawford, Nate, Lee, Ariza, Jalen and picks do the trick? I wouldn't think twice!!!

I was under the impression that the Knicks were going to try to get Lewis. Remember that was something that was floating around at the start of the season? JJ is not going anywhere unless we can package him in a deal. Like, make Denver take him if we take k-mart. For those who think k-mart is out of the picture, don't be so hasty. I think that deal in not dead; I just think Isiah is holding out so he doesn't have to include Frye. That's who Denver wants in the deal and I wouldn't do it either. I know k-marts knees are a concern but I have to admit, there is a little part of me that gets a warm fuzzy feeling thinking of what a healthy Martin can give the Knicks! If we can get him and keep frye, I think I would pull the trigger on that trade. He is young and he should hold up for the next few years, I just wouldn't sign him to any long term after his contract is up. Theo has issues as well, be he is in his 30's so I feel he is more of a risk but he has a few years less on his contract. Harrington is intriguing as well, he plays both the 3 and 4 so he could start at the 3 and spot in at the 4 when needed. He would be a good guy off the Bench. I've said this before and I'll say it again Lewis is not a Brown type of player. He grabs a few bounds but he is not a defender and Brown's style would be a detriment to Lewis's game.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i guess it's not a bad trade off to take a gamble on Martin and his knees. Martin is still more productive even when he is hurt than jerome james is. taking him would be fine if we could dump jj in the process and not have to give up frye or a draft pick.

NYKnicks15

Starter
BUSY BUSY BUSY weekend for the knicks. larry and isiah have called about everybody and our list of trading partners have slightly grew..

a deal for Orlando's Steve Francis seems highly unlikely
a deal for Portland's Theo Ratliff is the last resort (we dont want Patterson)
a deal for Minny's Marco Jaric is possible and not that exciting

GETTING BETTER
a deal with the Nuggets HIGHLY possible. Martin & Watson. who Larry drools over. he said he dreams of Martin playing alongside Curry.

a deal with the Sonics, is possible too. not to sure on the specifics but
Evans/Murray would be a Knick and Malik Rose would be a Sonic (PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS ONE!!!)

a deal for Lamar Odom is POSSIBLE. they want Frye and well they wont get him. Ariza, Lee, Robinson is more realistic. and the lakers are willing to make a bigger package. knicks are skeptical on having Odom back in his hometown as previously noted.

are trading partners seem to now be the Sonics, Nuggets, Magic, Lakers and lastly Trailblazers...im pretty excited. the sonics small deal (unless we snab Lewis too) is very intriguing. and the lakers and especially nuggets deals make me drool as well.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I don't wanna see Francis here, he won't be an upgrade, he's just causing trouble.
Jaric could be a nice backup at PG/SG, as same as Evans and/or Murray would be small but helpfull upgrades to the roster.

Possible trades

The knicks should trade Jamal Crawford and Malik Rose for K-Mart. The salaries match, Denver wants to free up cap space and the knicks could really use his defense. Also the Knicks should trade Penny Hardaway for Stevin Francis. Orlando wants to free up cap space immediately, and would be able to clear 15 million of the cap by making this trade. The knicks are in desperate needs of guys who can distribute, basically all they have now is an injured marbury and Jalen rose. If the knicks make these two trades they will be back in contention.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
a deal with the Sonics, is possible too. not to sure on the specifics but Evans/Murray would be a Knick and Malik Rose would be a Sonic (PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS ONE!!!)

I love the motor on Evans, especially how he loves to do the dirty work. Rebounding, boxing out and just plain manning the paint. I'm just not enamored with Murray. Murray is a guard in the same mold of Crawford and but Crawford is much, much better. Sonics try to play him at the point but he has too much of a scorers mentality to run the offense effectively. Both Ray Allen & Rashard Lewis have complained about his inability to run plays as well as play DEFENSE (a key component to any guard Larry is looking for). Throughout this season the Sonics & Knicks have been linked to the same potential back-up PG's since we have the same problem. Their coach has basically begged management for help and has even come out to the media and made his thoughts public.

I actually just read that it's possible that they may throw Danny Fortson into the deal. He gets the job done but to be honest with you, I think he's a dirty, classless player that would just taint the uniform that he's wearing. He's also been known to be a locker room cancer.

I would be happy if we could just get Evans off them and no one else.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Evans for Malik is a good deal for us....

I really don't like Murray - waste of time in my opinion. The sonics are also in the hunt for a backup point - so I guess they have no faith in murray's abilities....knicks should take note

a news article reported -
Hill has been insinuating for weeks that Ronald Murray is not an adequate backup point guard. But after he played Murray only eight minutes Sunday, watching him miss three shots and commit two turnovers, Hill said he needs help. “Everybody in Seattle sees we need a backup point guard,” Hill said. “Everybody in our division, everybody we play knows we need a backup point guard
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/sonics/story/5522818p-4975163c.html

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I am a fan of Evans but he as a horrific offensive game! I mean he has NO game what so ever and in close games he will not be on the floor. I would pull the trigger on it for rose though.
I like Odem and in my prior posts over the past year I have stated that he would be a good fit because he is a point forward (like Walker) and we could run the offense through him and Jalen, this way Marbury can play like a 2 and just worry about scoring.
K-mart (a healthy k-mart) would be such a lift to this team! His D would help Curry tremendously and we would see such a difference.
I have to admit, I would like to get all these guys, and see if we could dump some of the crap we have. Not sure WHo LA would want, besides Frye for Odem. So if we could get both Evans and K-mart/Watson, I think this roster would have gotten substantially better in areas that needed to be addressed!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Re: Possible trades

professorhorhey said:
The knicks should trade Jamal Crawford and Malik Rose for K-Mart. The salaries match, Denver wants to free up cap space and the knicks could really use his defense. Also the Knicks should trade Penny Hardaway for Stevin Francis. Orlando wants to free up cap space immediately, and would be able to clear 15 million of the cap by making this trade. The knicks are in desperate needs of guys who can distribute, basically all they have now is an injured marbury and Jalen rose. If the knicks make these two trades they will be back in contention.

If Denver trades K-mart, it is for Cap relief not over priced, underachievers. We could get K-mart for Penny's contract and a young player. I think Isiah just needs to play the waiting game so he doesn't have to include Frye. I might send Frye West for Odem though, especially if we get K-mart! Having K-mart and Odem on the floor with Curry and Marbury would be awesome in my opinion. I would still go after Harrington as well and bring him off the bench to play both the 3 and the 4. THis might be an off season move though.

Trin_Starr

Starter
so if Isiah is now interested in gettting Evans, does this mean kmart is no longer in the knicks plans??

I hope not...I really think Kmart would be able to help the knicks - bad knees or not....we need a PF who can consistently get us 10+pts/10 rebs a game - Kmart has the ability to do that...

Please say no to Fortson!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Trin_Starr said:
so if Isiah is now interested in gettting Evans, does this mean kmart is no longer in the knicks plans??

I hope not...I really think Kmart would be able to help the knicks - bad knees or not....we need a PF who can consistently get us 10+pts/10 rebs a game - Kmart has the ability to do that...

Please say no to Fortson!!!

I don't think he is going for Evans and Fortson istead of K-mart, I think he trying to get them along with K-mart (but stranger things have happened). I agree with you, K-mart would help but he still is an expensive risk! If his knees go, we have another Houston type deal here. That being said, I would go for it myself.

NYKnicks15

Starter
UPDATE

the Malik Rose trade would have been good. Forston is expiring next season. compared to Maliks 2 years (after this season)...but its not going to happen...

the knicks are close to a deal where the basis would have

Kenyon Martin, Earl Watson & Voshon Lenard going to NY
Jamal Crawford, Nene & Trevor Ariza going to Orlando
Steve Francis going to Denver

Frye will not be part of this and theres many combinations going around this trade...Isiah is trying not to use the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway in this deal because a trade for Lamar Odom is still a possibility (or another big name which i wont speak of until clearified but a good one)...stay tuned i know were losing but this is all good news for our new york knicks

Trin_Starr

Starter
So if all works out the way I pray it does - it will mean

PG- Steph
SG- JRose
SF - Odom
PF - Kmart
C - Curry

All I can say is DAMN!!!!! :)