PF - Kmart
C - Curry

or

PG- Rose
SG- Steph
SF - Odom
PF - Kmart
C - Curry

Personally I would have Rose come off the bench. Odom and Rose are both point forwards so you could run the offense through Odom and then rose when he comes off the bench. Having both of them on the court at the same time might cause issues. Have Steph's primary position at the 2 (Ehich I am totally against by the way) so that he can concentrate on just scoring with the ocasional kickout.

portega1968

El Cacique
According to Peter Vecsey in today's NYPost, none of these deals are going to happen. The only deal that may have had a chance was Penny for Theo and Patterson, but now it's doubtful considering Ratliff injured his ankle.

The Seattle deal is definitely dead unless Frye is included (not gonna happen, please God don't let it happen).

We'll just have to sit this out until something does happen within 9 days that we didn't see coming.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
Isiah is trying not to use the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway in this deal because a trade for Lamar Odom is still a possibility (or another big name which i wont speak of until clearified but a good one)...stay tuned i know were losing but this is all good news for our new york knicks

dare we think KG is still a possibility?

JJtheKnick

Starter
hometheaterguy said:
Trin_Starr said:
So if all works out the way I pray it does - it will mean

PG- Steph
SG- JRose
SF - Odom
PF - Kmart
C - Curry

All I can say is DAMN!!!!! :)

Probably more like:
PG- Watson
SG- Steph
SF - Odom
PF - Kmart
C - Curry

or

PG- Rose
SG- Steph
SF - Odom
PF - Kmart
C - Curry

Personally I would have Rose come off the bench. Odom and Rose are both point forwards so you could run the offense through Odom and then rose when he comes off the bench. Having both of them on the court at the same time might cause issues. Have Steph's primary position at the 2 (Ehich I am totally against by the way) so that he can concentrate on just scoring with the ocasional kickout.

that team is good but thats still not a great team. Cant compete with the pistons or spurs

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I agree with all these trades rumors helping the Knicks in some way, but am still worried about shooting guard. Q Rich and Crawford have not been picking up their part of the deal. Atleast drop 15 pts per game each and we call it a OK. Crawford with all that skill and dropping less than 10 pts a game is just a joke and Q being the three point champion??? I'm trying not to laugh. God help us. Send me Kenyon Martin/and Evans and lets bang down low until we can't anymore.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm reading different info than you guys. I don't remember the exact source but I read the Lakers were asking for Fry in the Odom deal and as we all know Fry is off the market. But I supose anything is possible.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Peter Vecsey is a moron and just wants to take away the little hope the knicks fans have. let's trade that bastard with Penny Hardaway to LA for Odom and a pick. i hate him..

contrary to that...

the trade which will likely happen first is Kenyon Martin becoming a Knick and Jamal Crawford becoming a Magician (huh? haha).

that still leaves Penny's expiring contract and dont expect a move to be made with that until practically the last day if any time. Isiah has a lot of options a few I personally love and some Im not fond of at all (seattle/portland)...Lakers is still a good chance even though they want frye D-Lee or Ariza (possibly with a pick) mite do the trick. so dont let ur hopes down all the rumors are still possible...

in all honesty watch for that Kenyon deal to be completed by the end of the week at latest. the reason im so bold in my statement is because the magic have a deal with the pistons where Kelvin Cato and a first rounder will go to Detroit for Darko Milicic & Carlos Arroyo waitin in the shadows..

PS..Chris that Frye rumor is a few days old. no worries though. its up to Isiah & Larry if they want to bring a NYer back home.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
update: seattle just aqcuired wilcox from the clippers and traded away radmanovic. this could possibly mean that fortson/evans deal could go through (not for malik though) because they've gotten some help at the pf position and may look to get rid of discruntled evans and fortson, and build the front court around swift. maybe instead of giving up m. rose we can give seattle native crawford

NYKnicks15

Starter
very disappointed to report that the knicks have offered Penny Hardaway, Jamal Crawford and another player (D-Lee or Ariza) for Steve Francis and Kelvin Cato. Cato expires in the offseason. this bothers me...A LOT.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
francis+marbury in the backcourt= friday night boxing. both demand the ball, shoot first guards, both small, 6'3, and arent pure point guards. maybe we could use francis as bait for somebody else, but yea this bothers me alot too

Trin_Starr

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
very disappointed to report that the knicks have offered Penny Hardaway, Jamal Crawford and another player (D-Lee or Ariza) for Steve Francis and Kelvin Cato. Cato expires in the offseason. this bothers me...A LOT.

Good news ...
Ric Bucher just said on ESPN2 that Detroit is about to complete a deal sending Darko and Arroyo to Orlando for Cato and a first round pick.

So if that's the case then the knicks deal probably went dead....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Knicks are pushing for Cato and Frances

A deal also being reported by ESPN.com has reported that the Knicks are pushing for a deal that would send Cato and Francis to New York in return for the expiring contract of former Magic guard Penny Hardaway, guard Jamal Crawford and one other player -- likely from among the group of forwards Trevor Ariza and former Florida Gator David Lee and guard Nate Robinson. The report said Knicks President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas is aggressively pursuing this deal in order to pair Francis and Stephon Marbury in the Knicks' backcourt.

In my opinion this will be Isiah's legacy! He will go down in Knick lure for sending them into the dark ages. He is going to pair both Frances and Marbury in the back court? If this deal goes down, I will be convinced that he is insane! I mean, truly certifiable! If I was Brown, I would quit on the spot if he made that trade.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Battie would be a nice fit, defensive-minded, could play PF alongside Curry or C when Frye is on the court, plus his contract expires.

But Francis and Marbury in our backcourt, pleaaaaaaaaaase not!

hoop115

Benchwarmer
this is pure speculation but what if the deal Orlando is working on w/ Detroit is linked to our deal with Orlando.

Francis, Arroyo + Darko for Penny, Crawford & Robinson.

I know Darko was in Brown's dog-house in Detroit, but I think that it was mostly due to being a rook as well as being behind Sheed, Ben and McDysse. Arroyo clearly has the tools to be a good back-up PG.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea that seems to be the case TrinnStar. i wont break it until its official though. Orlando should have a solid team now haha. as for us...

Isiah thinks Francis and Marbury could be much like him and Dumars back in the day. honestly its an allstar dream match up in reality...well we will see. i think Francis will actually do good under Larry seeing he guards, rebounds, assists and shoots incredibly well. im excited but then again im skeptical...

battie is an incredible addition. his contract expires in the offseason but hes 6'11 defensive minded, BLOCKS and rebounds and has been playing VERY solid as of late. expect an official word from me shortly

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think I know what Isiah is doing.
He trades for Francis to have a Clyde/Earl the Pearl or Dumas/Isiah backcourt going with Francis and Steph.
If it works out then the knicks have the sickest backcourt in the NBA...

If not, he knows Francis has trade value as the nuggets were willing to give up kmart and nene to get him....
So if it doesn't work out, Isiah believes he will be able to get good talent in return during the offseason.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The Knicks getting Frances and putting him in the back court with Steph is possibly the worst scenario that can be imagined. They both are exactly the same! They both want to be the #1, 2 and 3 option. How in the world does this seem like a good deal to anyone???!!!!???? If we can't pry k-mart from the Nuggetts or Odem from LA with Penny's contract, Lee, Ariza and 2 #1 draft picks; then I say let his contract run out and save on luxery tax, maybe the price of a hot dog might go under $10!

NYKnicks15

Starter
well im gonna make it pretty simple at the moment haha. the only three trade scenarios being discussed...

1.) DENVER/ORLANDO. A three way that continues to get discussed but it would have Francis and a knick player going to the Nuggets. Hardaway & Jamal (who the magic covet) going to Orlando and Kenyon Martin and Watson coming to NY. a few pieces can be added but thats the basis.

GIVE: Penny Hardaway, Jamal Crawford & Trevor Ariza
GET: Kenyon Martin & Earl Watson

2.) DENVER. if they land Steve Francis without our help we can get Martin with ease. Penny, Lee and a first rounder (prolly San Antonios..or maybe theirs back). or a larger deal where we send JC as well and land watson too.

GIVE: Penny Hardaway, David Lee & a first rounder
GET: Kenyon Martin

3.) PORTLAND. We'll land shotblocker Theo Ratliff and SF Darius Miles. and giving up one player (technically). David Lee. if we give up David lee. no draft pick. just pennys contract. we will get Theo Ratliff and Darius Miles.

GIVE: Penny Hardaway & David Lee
GET: Theo Ratliff & Darius Miles

honestly im happy with any of those...