Francis for Crawford?

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
There have been several reports that the Knicks are looking into trading Jamal Crawford and either Ariza, Lee, or Robinson for Steve Francis and Kevin Cato. This trade at first seems ridiculous because the Knicks would be taking on another perrennial loser, who has problems making his players better. The once called franchise's stock has plummetted ever since being traded for Tracy McGrady by the Rockets. Francis' contract is good for another 3 years and i think crawfords is good for another 4. If i am wrong with that please let me know. Francis is better then crawford and Cato's contract expires this year. If this goes down it might no be that bad for the Knicks because they will lose francis' contract before crawfords (if i am right with my numbers). They will also get better production from Francis. The downside is francis is getting paid a lot more. WHat do you guys think about this trade. Is it good or is Isiah going to continue to make another stupid trade that hurts us more.

NYKnicks15

Starter
seems Denver, Minnesota, Memphis and even HOUSTON are in the mix for Stevie Franchise. The knicks are still but would take JC out of the equation...

i say let him go and lets pursue a SF (Odom,Lewis,Harrington). or jump on that Martin/Watson deal...everyone says theyll only take Frye blah blah blah. but cmon if its near deadline and you offer a huge expiring contract and Ariza/Lee or Ariza/Robinson or one of them and a draft pick you KNOW someone will take it.

whats everyones stance on Francis as a Knick?

Starks

Starter
Francis on the Knicks is soo ripe for jokes and reasons why Isiaha Thomas stinks as a GM.

Franics is a popular name, but we have his better clone: Stephon Marburry.

We don't need another overpaid, over rated dead weight on this team.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
The more i thought about it the more i realized that this is terrible. Francis is another pg/sg who has termendous talent. He is also another pg/sg that sucks, he is a team killer, a loser, and someone who cares more about himself then the team. We DO NOT need another player like that and I hope Isiah does not go through with this deal. PLus this bum makes double of what crawford does. Knicks need to stop getting shitty players that are team killers and start getting players that know how to win. We need to dump some salary even if that means trading MArbury (too bad no1 will take him).

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
why francis? Jamal Crawford is one of the reasons the knciks have had success over the years, marbury and crawford have been leading this knicks team, surea crawford is never playin his top game all the time, but he still young, we can get alot out of crawford

right now crawford isnt sure of what larry wants out of him, being he the go to guy on the bench, having to make a transition to start at PG which is not his game. Crawford is unsure of what to do, but he stay around a bit he can understand exactly what larry wants from him...

having marbury, francis to me doesnt mix, to players who both need the ball, and through all of the years, one wanted to be better then the other, they wouldnt mix...

i might be a big fan of crawford...but i also really think that he still is capable of doing good things for the knicks...

KNICKS ALWAYS - I STILL BELIEVE

Attachments

• itpgal_060215_jcrawford.jpg
    itpgal_060215_jcrawford.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 975

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
how bout show after wat happens about a second later, CLANK!!but it is true about steve fransic..knicks got to get odom

NYKnicks15

Starter
Isiah is done with that deal. i guess the criticism has gotten to him and so has larry. larry wants JC it seems. his last performance has won him over...for now haha.

but two deals are now being the forefronters for the Knicks...

one would involve the portland trailblazers where tte knicks will land Theo Ratliff & Darius Miles...

the other would have Francis and a knick player going to Denver. hardaway going to orlando. and martin going to new york.

Starks

Starter
Ratliff????

WOW WHAT A BLOCKBUSTER MOVE!!!!!!!!

I don't want that piece of shit on the Knicks.
Miles has Tim Thomas production written all over it.

WOW this team sux

Trin_Starr

Starter
Starks said:
Ratliff????

I don't want that piece of s**t on the Knicks.

WOW this team sux

I hear ya...
You know Larry made Dumas do the same thing when he was in Detroit. He made Dumas trade for washed up Derrick Coleman saying he needed a better defensive presence...
They ended up waiving coleman 6mths later...

Please do not let Larry force u into getting any washed up garbage

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Starks said:
Ratliff????

I don't want that piece of s**t on the Knicks.

WOW this team sux

You know, I was gung ho about getting Miles, over the summer before the season started, but now I am not so enthusiastic about him. I am starting to feel that we either get k-mart, Nene and Watson or we bite the bullet and let Penny's contract expire. I think the league looks at the Knicks as a junk yard that will buy their garbage for a premium price. If we take a stand and sit it out, especially to zero hour of the trade dead line, we will show the rest of the league that we are not to be taken advantage of! We have two expiring contracts next year and if we set precedence now, we might benefit next year. Listen, we have the ability to give any team serious cap room, so Isiah needs to flex that strength!! NO MORE GARBBAGE!

NYKnicks15

Starter
you are quick to trash this team Starks. and most of the time they deserve it but why do we need a blockbuster move? people and i think you are one of them complained that we just go for players with names and large contracts...

we get Ratliff who is probably the best shot blocker in the league (only 2 years left after this season anyway) and will compliment Eddy Curry very nicely. and with Eddy's recent adaptation to what Larry wants we can have a front court that can put a wall around the lane...

then D-Miles, Q-Rich's best friend, is the SF we need. one who can score at will, steal, block. underachiever yes, if you go by the NEW KG references...but timmy couldnt put up 18 pts, 5rebs, 1+ bpg, 2.5 apg, 1+ spg could he???

i think its a decent trade that gets us two pieces for the small price of David Lee...I like it a lot better than the Francis trade

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Ratliff is not washed up, probably not the same player as b4 but he still gets more blocks than anybody the knicks had the last couple of years

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I can't see it. Francis with Marbury. It's one of the craziest deals I've ever heard of. At this point we need a lifeline so I'm not oppose to it but I'd rather see Odom here. I'd rather have Odom than KMart. KMart is way over priced.

Starks

Starter
I say that if we can't make a blockbister trade, we just let all of our contracts expire to shed off some of the luxury tax.

I'm sorry, but I do not like Ratliff and Miles being the Knicks frontcourt answer for this season, next or the season after that. There are too many decent SFs and PFs that will become available in the off season to settle on both of these washed up corpses.

Yea Miles can score 18 on a given night, but Larry will destroy his career. Plus, who cares if QRICH is friends with him. We owe nothing to Q, and I find it a joke that he is the 3 point contest when he hits one 3 in every 15 attempts.

If we can't get a Carter, Pierce, KG, or Lewis...then I say we just tank the rest of the season. Baseball is coming up, so that will get our attention away from this nightmare of a season.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure, if Miles would fit in LB's system, cause he's more a fastbreak-scorer who has his troubles with setplays.

But I would prefer the Blazers-Trade over a Magic-Trade.

I just don't wanna see Francis and Marbury running the backcourt.
We would have to play with two balls to keep everyone happy.

I#m just hoping, that Zeke's going to "trade the right way" :rolling:

And yes, there are some upcoming freeagents that would fit better, like Harrington or Caron Butler (wonder that this name wasn't mentioned before).

Why not try to get Butler, Daniels and Etan Thomas from the wizards?
We would get a SF who knows to play D, also a PG who's able to score, run the game and playing D and a PF/C who rebounds well and blocks a couple of shots every night.