NEWS: 3 Way Trade almost finished

NYKnicks15

Starter
the much talked about trade of a 3 way with Denver & Orlando is about to come to fruitation. only dispute is who the knicks send to Orlando...

Steve Francis (14) will go to Denver
Kenyon Martin (11) & Earl Watson (5) will go to NY
Nene (3) and a knick player to Orlando

that knick player(s) would have to equal 15-16 million so its most likely to be Penny Hardaway and one of David Lee, Trevor Ariza or Nate Robinson. Seeing Orlando needs a back up PF/SF. I say that takes away robinson...not known if we need a pick yet.

also thanks to NYKWAY for the help :)

Trin_Starr

Starter
If Larry and Isiah held out David Lee from what Isiah called the best catch of his knick tenure - trading for eddy curry - then u know as all hell he is still going to be a knick - my guess it's gonna be ariza.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I doubt nate is going anywhere right now - his play might not be that great - but after winning the dunk contest, Dolan needs him now to keep fans in their seats
Nate is going to sell and make dolan some money.

jayp

Benchwarmer
if it's between Lee, Ariza and Nate.. i'd say Ariza will probably be gone because LB likes Lee better and Nate fills seats..

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
It's not only a question of who LB wants to give away, it depends more on what the Magic demand, so I'm afraid it's going to be Lee.

portega1968

El Cacique
Considering Lee starred st Florida, it'll probably be him.

Darko, Howard and Lee would become the most dominant frontcourt of this decade. NYKnicks15, please give me credit on this one when you make the same comment next season, jejejeje.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
Considering Lee starred st Florida, it'll probably be him.

Darko, Howard and Lee would become the most dominant frontcourt of this decade. NYKnicks15, please give me credit on this one when you make the same comment next season, jejejeje.

I'm not sold on Darko and Lee, in my opinion, is a bench player with an emphasis on defense. I would try to hold onto Ariza actually. I think he has tremendous upside. He needs to mature, but his defense is very natural so he will just keep honing his defensive skills and get better. Frazier has commented on numerous occasions that if Ariza could develop a consistent shot to go along with his D, he would be a perennial all star. In fact, allot of people through out the league have all said the same thing about him. You know Ariza is very young and needs some time to mature; both as an NBA player and a man. He will be a good player. Remember Chicago tried to hold out on the Curry deal to get Ariza included, Lee's name was also mentioned but it was Ariza they really wanted.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The Orlando Sentinel reported yesterday that the Magic, Knicks and Lakers are discussing a deal that would send Francis to New York, Lamar Odom to Orlando and Crawford plus another Knick to Los Angeles.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Im strongly against getting k mart and steve francis, lamar odom is probably the best fit for the knicks. at the same time i dont think they should make a trade at all.they should wait till the offseason and see how the draft goes

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'm so tired of the Knicks being the NBA's garbage dump. If there is a inferior player with a bloated contract, the knicks will gladly give up all their young players and all their draft picks for the guy.

When are the Knicks brass going to start a real program to rebuild the team?

dabish105

Benchwarmer
I would have to say Ariza even though I like his hustle he is definately in LB dog house. I dont want to see any of our rookies moved though considering we may not see a first rounder for some time. Kenyon will bring in rebounds and some swagger to the defense.

send ariza, keep lee, he has so much talent and im not sayin ariza has no talent it's just lee had 24 point and 15 rebounds for us and when's the last time ariza did that or even had a double double?

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I believe ha had a double double last year against pheonix, not im not sure about that. I know there was 1 game last year where ariza put up big numbers and might have gotten a double double

idea

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players
DerMarr Johnson
Salary: $719,373 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 5.3 REB: 2.0 AST: 1.0 PER: 10.28

1-Year Bird Must receive consent to trade players with a 1-year contract, excluding options, who will become Early Bird or Bird free agents at the end of the contract, or players who have accepted a qualifying offer for a 5th season following the 4th option season on the Rookie Scale. If the player consents, he will lose his Bird rights and become a non-Bird free agent at the end of the contract.

Nene Hilario
Salary: $3,039,889 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 0.0 REB: 0.0 AST: 0.0 PER: -54.70

Anfernee Hardaway
Salary: $15,750,000 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 2.5 REB: 2.5 AST: 2.0 PER: 2.17

Outgoing Players: DeShawn Stevenson, Steve Francis
New York Knicks

Incoming Players
Kenyon Martin
Salary: $10,886,364 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 13.8 REB: 6.7 AST: 1.4 PER: 17.45

Earl Watson
Salary: $5,000,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 7.5 REB: 1.9 AST: 3.5 PER: 12.98

Voshon Lenard
Salary: $3,520,000 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 8.3 REB: 2.3 AST: 1.5 PER: 10.25

DeShawn Stevenson
Salary: $2,750,000 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 11.8 REB: 3.2 AST: 2.1 PER: 11.14

Outgoing Players: Jerome James, Anfernee Hardaway
Denver Nuggets

Incoming Players
Jerome James
Salary: $5,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 2.7 REB: 2.3 AST: 0.3 PER: 5.68

Steve Francis
Salary: $13,700,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 16.2 REB: 4.8 AST: 5.7 PER: 16.28

Outgoing Players: DerMarr Johnson, Nene Hilario, Kenyon Martin, Earl Watson, Voshon Lenard