Official Trade Deadline Thread

NYKnicks15

Starter
It's just a matter of time a move is made. We have so many topics talking about the different trade scenarios. This one is made to talk about the one that will happen tomorrow or Thursday. What will it be?

Steven Francis? Kenyon Martin? Earl Watson? Theo Ratliff? Darius Miles?
You'll hear it and discuss it here, when it happens. Hold on to your seats, this could be a busy day guys!

portega1968

El Cacique
What will happen? we'll probably get Francis and suck even more.

What should happen? Martin, Miles and Watson (defensive-minded, just what we need) would result in some improvement.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Isiah met with Otis Smith friday and the talks have been good. Francis is very happy about the idea of playin in New York and has told close friends "Ill be a Knick by Thursday". Not an experiment I'm fond of at all BUT with only 3 years left and losing JC's 5-6 year deal and getting some roster space I'm not too against it anymore...

Portland, Denver could also be involved to make a 4 way trade...I'll keep you updated. I'm going to use this forum to make announcements. So stay tuned

commonse

Benchwarmer
Just get Francis, Martin, Miles & Ratliff, send out Lee, Ariza, Penny & Crawford...

I'm really sad about Jamal though!! :(

NYKnicks15

Starter
it seems we will trade Maurice Taylor & Jamal Crawford to the Orlando Magic for Steve Francis. It's almost done. and we keep Penny to use for another trade...this somewhat makes me happy.. :)

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Jamal Crawford sucks, people dont trade young players like him who can score so many points unless there is something seriously wrong. This will be the second time he is traded. The guy plays NO defense, he is a turnover machine, he cannot breakdown an offense, he is mentally retarted, he needs to put on weight, he takes the WORST shots imagineable, and he has not work ethic. Just because he won a few games for us (toronto seattle and chicago) people go and suck him off. He has lost so many games for us with his careless play and garbage shots. He has been in the league for quite some time now and still has not learned a thing. He has not improved one bit from the time he entered the league. I would love nothing more then to get rid of this bum, however i do not want steve francis either. I say dump crawford for anything, if it is cap relief then fine. It seems like the magic have an obsession for him. Isiah learn from other GM's and take advantage of another GM's ignorance. Do what other GM's have done to you so many times and make another team take your garbage out for you.

portega1968

El Cacique
Darius Miles played his first game last week.

Maybe after getting Francis, Isiah will move Marbury and Penny for Watson and Martin.

Trin_Starr

Starter
ok so its Francis for Crawford and Mo T
Penny and 1st pick for Miles and Ratliff...

the 1st deal i can live with...
the 2nd.....i think its a waste of a $13 mil expiring and a draft pick

F**king Brown better be right about Ratliff

As for Miles - its been 2 weeks since his surgery - let's hope all went well with no issues and pray that he can cut down on his turnovers and shoot better from the line....

NYKnicks15

Starter
guys im gonna report it here, but dont shoot me if it doesnt come around...the knicks will secure not only that deal for francis but will send Channing Frye & Penny Hardaway to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Garnett...stay tuned. but this could very well happen by tomorrow!!!!

if that trade doesnt happen expect penny to go to denver for martin. martin is not truly sitting for sore knees tonight. its a ploy in case he is traded. makes denver look good. no worries

commonse

Benchwarmer
20 is a CROOK said:
Jamal Crawford sucks, people dont trade young players like him who can score so many points unless there is something seriously wrong. This will be the second time he is traded. The guy plays NO defense, he is a turnover machine, he cannot breakdown an offense, he is mentally retarted, he needs to put on weight, he takes the WORST shots imagineable, and he has not work ethic. Just because he won a few games for us (toronto seattle and chicago) people go and suck him off. He has lost so many games for us with his careless play and garbage shots. He has been in the league for quite some time now and still has not learned a thing. He has not improved one bit from the time he entered the league. I would love nothing more then to get rid of this bum, however i do not want steve francis either. I say dump crawford for anything, if it is cap relief then fine. It seems like the magic have an obsession for him. Isiah learn from other GM's and take advantage of another GM's ignorance. Do what other GM's have done to you so many times and make another team take your garbage out for you.

THis is one of the stupidest posts!! :flippa:

portega1968

El Cacique
Unless another deal is in the works involving Crawford, Q, Frye and Mo for KG and Jaric, I can't understand WTF Isiah is thinking!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
what isiah is thinking is we have mass stock in talented players to trade away...there are a few trades rumored only a few being correct.

denver will prolly send us Earl Watson if we give them JC
minny will also send us Marco Jaric for Q

isiah said he is done dealing...well until offseason and offseason that looks very productive. im trying to get word on whats going on...

but a trade with Minny (from what i hear) still seems very possible. stay tuned..but also dont get sad if we dont make anymore...

i was thrown a curveball this AM with the news of this trade. so i just need to time to get everything on track. ill report it here first of course.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Don't by into the media hype, about who we need and don't need. Ballin is about playin with grit, guts and to your strenghts. Look at the top teams in the league. They're great defending teams with perhaps one denfense beast (Bowen, B. Wallace). I mean, who can't post up or ankle-break Rip/Tayshaun/Parker/Manu/Billups. Duncan and Sheed gets posterized frequently. Individully none of those guys are better than what we have on the knicks in their respective roles. Look at the AllStar game. The elite teams have chemistry, which make the sum much greater than the individual players. We got massive talent on NYK. We just need chemistry and one defensive beast and it doesn't matter what position that person would play at. Franchise is a good move. You can't pick chemistry out of stats.

NYKnicks15

Starter
dont expect any big moves to be made by the knicks. dont expect any small ones either. they are going to let Frye develop and start the rest of the season @ PF (unless something big comes up) and will remain that way until/unless we get KG..

there are a few trades on the table nothing worth getting overhyped about. just trying to pick a piece up here or there. two trades to look out for though are ones for SF. Darius Miles (although unlikely) and Al Harrington who the Knicks organization adores & Atlanta needs to get something for.

i wouldnt be surprised to see JC or Q along with a pick or such go down to Hotlanta for AL before deadline...ill keep ya updated though