Isiah needs to step down as GM

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
After living with this man as the Knicks GM for a couple yearsnow, he has just proved that he has no idea how to run a NBA basketball team! This Frances trade is not only absurd, but it does not address any issues that the Knicks desperatly need!
1) It does not get the pg Brown wants
2) We have the smallest back court in NBA history!
3) Almost every player has 3-5 years left on contracts and maximum amounts!
4) Except for drafting, he has shown that he doesn't know how to read a team, match a team up with a coach or manage a team on the business side.

We are screwed my fellow Knicks fans, for a long time!!! We will be slamming this team for years to come!!

I agree but hope that there is something we do not yet know... maybe there are a number of other deals on the table that will make this one make more sense. Maybe Francis is just passing through town on his way out west (MIN or DEN, POR). I hope for all our sakes that something else happens to make this all work.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Larry may have been pushing for Francis, but at the expense of our one MAJOR bargaining chip? With everyone speculating that we could have gotten this deal done with Crawford + other players, why did we have to waste Penny's contract on Francis? Not only is our starting backcourt undersized, but our subs are too!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Trin_Starr said:
Larry is the one who was pushing for Isiah to get Francis.

I don't buy it! Frances, first of all, isn't what Brown wanted or needed. I think Brown wouldn't mind having Frances if there was no Marbury, but I assure you that this is not his dream back court. This back court (if this is going to be the final product after the trade deadline), is the worste assemble back court I have ever seen in all my years watching the NBA!!

dabish105

Benchwarmer
any moves from here on out are moves endorsed by Larry. I dont understand the Francis trade unless he or steph is on his way out of town or maybe jamal and someone.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Larry and Isiah is not the problem. It's James Dolan! He's a moron with a rich daddy. I would not hire the guy to even run a candy store.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Steve Francis was on the list Larry Brown gave Isiah Thomas. Just so you all know...the reason the knicks used penny in this deal is for a deal that will happen tonight or early tomorrow involving Denver or Minny..

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i think this was a larry brown move, i think isiah is satisfying larry, this deal was probably made to trade marbury which i hope dont happen..i think larry brown hate marbury wit a passion

I have not read anything regarding who's guy Francis is (Isiah or Larry) but I do know that it does not fit with anything Larry said he wanted. The whole PG issues was based on the fact that he thought Marbury, Crawford and Nate were better suited playing SG. He said that he wanted a passer that was a solid defender and looked to shoot last. That is exactly opposite of everything Francis is. I am not saying Francis is not a great talent because he is - what I am saying is that he does not fit with the players that we have or the system Brown wants to use. I sure hope that there is more to come and that this trade makes sense some time tomorrow. (Lamar Odom, Earl Watson, Reggie Evans, Kenyon Martin K.G. etc)

NYKnicks15

Starter
dont expect another move to be made tomorrow.
Isiah and him talked about it when it was made clear Francis was available...isiah believes he can use francis to acquire KG in the offseason..

but yes do not expect another trade to be made until offseason. Larry and Isiah are planning for next year and see that they will test the duo and see what happens. if it doesnt work out. they will trade eitehr steph or francis as well craw and others to make the Knicks work.

trust me when I say that if Kenyon, KG, Harrington, Watson, Odom or Miles/theo arent easy to acquire. there will be no more trades.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
ISIAH THOMAS IS ONE OF THE WORST GMS OF ALL TIME

Isiah thomas proves again how he has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING!!!! I hope to GOD that he pulls something else off to make me eat my words (trust me i would love nothing more then to be wrong) but i highly doubt he would.

Lets look at his moves since he has gotten here:

Acquired Marbury and Penny from the Suns for McDysse and Ward. This trade was one of his good moves. We were in dissaray at the time and he brought a big name player, even though he brought upon huge contracts. (Suns GM however gets the best of the deal and clears enough cap to sign Nash and Q)

Acquired Nazr Mohammad and Tim Thomas for Van Horn and I forget who else- A move that seemed to end any chemistry the Knicks had when they acquired Marbury. The team was winning before this and then they lost one of their best shooters in Van Horn. (not that i liked him)

Acquired Jamal Crawford for Othella Harrington and Dikembe Mutumbo- move that looked good at the time, but he overpaid like crazy for Crawford. We gave up expiring contracts and over paid for an average player, (coincidently that we are now looking to trade)

Acquired Malik Rose for Nazr Mohammed and 30th pick in the draft: took on another big contract for a guy that sucks. Ended up giving the Spurs the final piece to their championsip team.

Acquired Maurice Taylor (i forgot what we gave up)-added more salary to an already capped out team. Taylor is old and has a diminishing game

Signed Jerome James to the MLE- one of the worst moves ever. Overpaid for a guy that is 30 years old and had one good game in his career. Isiah paid this guy just because he is 7 foot tall.

Traded Kurt Thomas and a 2nd rounder for Quentin Richardson and a first rounder- The suns realized they made a mistake with Q and sent him away to the only idiot that would take him. They cleared even more cap and brought on a decent player in KT. Isiah adds another huge contract. The only benefit was we got Nate.

Acquired Eddy Curry for Michael Sweetney, TT, and a 1st rounder- another move that blew up in his face. Added another big contract to what seemed to be a player that could be a star. However this message has not gotten across to Eddy, he is fat lazy and cannot dominate a game. He plays no D, doesnt rebound and gets in foul trouble. Gave up what could be the number 1 pick in the draft. (this move is not his fault, Curry is the one to blame for sucking. however Isiah should have known that there had to be more of a reason why the bulls didnt sign Curry besides his heart.)

Acquired Rose and a 1st rounder for Davis- brought on another big contract and gave up an expiring one. THis move made NO SENSE, because we should have been focusing on playing our young players. Rose is a solid player but will not be part of our plans in the future and will not help us do anything this season.

Acquired Francis for Ariza and Penny- This move is by far one of the worst ever. He gave up tons of money in expiring contracts and brought on a HUGE long term deal. Now every player on our team has 3,4 or 5 years left on their deal and we are screwed. Francis is decent but he will not work with steph.

ISIAH PLEASE DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND STEP DOWN! GIVE US KNICK FANS A GUY WHO CAN DO THE JOB RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
I was saying many of these same comments a couple weeks ago and people were coming out trying to defend Isiah and say he's doing a good job...well, WELCOME TO REALITY PEOPLE! Isiah is bar none, the DUMBEST GM IN SPORTS HISTORY. He's made the Knicks the butt of every joke with the way he takes every team's bad contract off their hands, and in doing so, does the unthinkable...racks up losses, while the payroll keeps getting higher. "20 is a crook" you did a great job summarizing all the dumb Isiah moves.

I'll just add that the Van Horn deal came just as the team was surging and had a string of wins together...it totally killed chemistry and momentum, and marked the first of 3 rebuilding attempts that this idiot took on. And also don't forget the whole Don Chaney firing fiasco...the unprofessionalism that Isiah showed in that whole mess, only foreshadowed the stupidity he'd continue to show in his tenure as GM/president.

That all said....I'm willing to actually give this trade a shot, cause I'm curious to see how these two co-exist. I'm not optimistic but curious....it'll be interesting.

Great job throwing the Cheney thing into this, it is easy to overlook those kinds of things because they do not show up on paper. Add the sexual harrassment deal to that as well.

I am willing to let the other trades go for now and chalk it up to Isiah building a team the way he thought it needed to be built and then LB coming on board and changing directions completely. I am willing to let LB and Isiah get on the same page and see what happens... BUT... that is why this trade is so perplexing, it does not seem to be the kind of deal that either would have wanted. It almost seems as if they both wanted different players and neither would give an inch and so they compromised by going with Francis. lol

Let's see what else happens today and also what happens with K.G. in the summer. Maybe... MAYBE this stuff will make sense then.

Trin_Starr

Starter
"I think they've turned the corner," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "They've accumulated a tremendous amount of talent. Ever since he's (Isiah's) come here, the talent level has gone through the roof. That's all I know. Now, whether or not that's going to work one day, is going to be up to whoever coaches the team. ... I think it's a gift for the Knicks, basically."

From this excerpt - Riley is saying Brown is the one messing up!!

I agree with that. Brown is trying to make players fit his system instead of coaching what he has. Bottom line is that these are the knicks, like it or not... now you can coach them and find a way to make it work or you can keep trading until we have all of the Pistons, Pacers and 76ers that you want to win with.

ACopeman

Rookie
taylorjohna said:
I agree with that. Brown is trying to make players fit his system instead of coaching what he has. Bottom line is that these are the knicks, like it or not... now you can coach them and find a way to make it work or you can keep trading until we have all of the Pistons, Pacers and 76ers that you want to win with.
But talyorjohna u gotta understand Brown is the COACH and he has tremendous talent on his roster and HE HAS TO MAKE THEM PLAY HIS WAY AND STRATEGY ALSO LET THE PLAYERS DO WAT THEY DO. Look what he did 2 Detriot C'MON give him credit 4 trying its the players fought alittle 4 not listening.

No one said it is not the players faults as well, but the bottom line is that the Knicks are a more talented team this year than they were last year. It is Larry Brown's job to get the most out of those players... right now he is failing on that front. I have not called for Larry to be dismissed or anything like that but to say that the players have collelctively forgotten how to play is just being ignorant. Larry did some great things in Detroit and is a great coach... but that does not mean anything right now. Larry deserves a chance but ultimately he is still responsible for getting the most from his players and he will tell you that much himself.

ACopeman

Rookie
NYKNICKS15, wats up have u heard anything in the media about the Knicks. BREAKING NEWS:In a three-team trade, Reggie Evans and Ruben Patterson were sent to Denver, Earl Watson to Seattle and Vitaly Potepenko and Voshon Lenard to Portland. Do any1 thinks the knicks failed again by not getting able 2 acquire Watson.