DONE DEAL!

JJtheKnick

Starter
Orlando and New York have agreed to a trade of Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza, two league sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com.

DONE DEAL. We are takeing back alot of money, ALOT plus we didnt get rid of crawford contract. This deal makes the knicks a better team but still i dont see where this team is going!

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST TRADES OF ALL TIME. It would have been ok if we had gotten rid of Crawford, but no ISIAH cannot seem to grasp what it takes to be a GM. He keeps getting dumped on by every team in the league. Isiah is officially one of the worst GMs of all time. The only way this makes sense is if he trades Francis or packages Crawford. Our team cannot exist with all these SELFISH IDIOTIC TERRIBLE two guards that cannot win. We are taking on so much money got no salary help. THis trade sets us back for years to come. Francis is not that good. I'll say it again when u have as much talent as Steve Francis you dont just keep getting traded. There is obviously something wrong with this guys attitude/game that leads to this.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I think, Isiah still got some deals working till tomorrow, Crawford could be used in a possible Denver-deal or something like that.
Francis could be used next year in a sign-n-trade-deal for Harrington or someone else if it doesn't work out till season's end.

Only thing I further got to say:
Welcome to NYC Stevie!!!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
Wait just a second, that back court is so small who are we going to defend! ray allen, micheal redd and vince carter thats jsut a few names. Its going to be hard to defend that. Also we dont even know if marbury and francis will get along. They both want to shoot and dont forget rose doesnt he want to run things. This is a mess!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I just don't know anymore. Well maybe this is part of some future plans. I wonder what number Francis will wear, it obviously can't be 3.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
dunno about this, things could go good, and things could go bad:

best case scenario: marbury, francis and co. all bond together, francis becomes a "glue" to all the players, learn to share the ball. no team can keep up with the knicks, even the big men are pretty fast. knicks become a running team, score, and get back on d very quickly. similar pair of guards in chicago (gordon and hinrich both 6'3)

worst case scenario: read above

Allen

Benchwarmer
Is Isiah Thomas insane?
Steve Francis is very talented yes but he does not make this team better.
If anything this team has gotten worse. Now watch as Francis and Marbury feud with Larry Brown.
It won't be too long now, until Larry Brown quits on the team.
The basketball gods must be having a laugh at the Knicks expense.

Showtime backcourt??? Francis will be the glue that holds us together??? Since when has Larry Brown ever run and gunned an offense? Francis cannot hold himself together, let alone an entire team. Francis and Marbury are pretty much interchangeable (very similar games) and the guy that said with Crawford, Marbury and Francis on the court, it's showtime... wow! You and Zeke must be eatin' retart sandwhiches together.

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
ok, Francis is maybe not the perfect player, but he is talented, he can play! we only gave away Ariza and Hardaway! that's nearly nothing!
Hardaway was in the last year of his contract, ok, but the knicks payroll is so off limit that it wouldn't have change a lot!

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
"showtime" backcourt, what kind of show are u talking about, it sure wont be one that wins basketball games. It sure wont be one that has good ball movement, it sure wont be one that can play defense, and it sure as hell wont be one that improves our team. The only thing i can think of is that Larry brown has given up on this team and has decided to make a set of basketball instructional videos. He will record this 'showtime' backcourt and title it "what not to do as a NBA guard".

Those guys will have more turnovers then anyone in the league, watching the knicks will now be like watching an episode of desperate housewives (w/o the hot girls). All these bitches will be fighting and crying over the ball and about larry brown, and the media, and so on and so forth. ISIAH THOMAS IS THE WORST GM OF ALL TIME and we have become the laughing stock of the league. Hollinger on ESPN was actually laughing at us when discussing this.

LOL, love the desperate housewives reference! I do not think anyone denies the fact that we got more talented but we are not competing in the Eastern Conference talent show... this is basketball and chemistry, defense, swagger, hustle and teamwork count as much as raw talent. We added more of the same without addressing any of those things we need. I am not saying that we will not be better, sure we will improve a bit but not the kind of improvement that will take us anywhere.

The game is at half time right now and Curry just proved all of my posts correct today. It does not matter how good he is in the low post if he is on the bench in foul trouble and if he is a liability on the glass and on defense. Channing Frye is out there hustling and was sent to the bench... he has disappeared for some reason. What the hell?

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Channing Frye is the only brightspot in this terrible season, the guy dropped 17 and 10 tonight. (if i am not mistaken isnt Curry suppose to be doing that) He has hit a wall a little right before the break but he has been putting up double digit in points every nignt. Also he has been putting up over 7 RPG the past couple of games as well. I love Frye's game and work ethic and dedication. If every player had those intangibles we would be unbelievable.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Just purely based on the talent we got back (and the fact that I don't think we gave much up) I'm willing to give this a shot and see how it works out. Best case scenario is that Marbury and Francis, while playing together, realize why they piss their teammates off so much (just based on the fact that they're identical players) and each has a revelation and decides to become more unselfish.

In the grand scheme of things though, this is another trademark clueless Isiah move. Again...what is the plan here? What is the philosophy?? After all this talk about Isiah wanting to get the players that LB wants here, I can't honestly believe that this is the kind of backcourt that he'd request to have. Another coach maybe could make it work, but Larry is clearly not one of those elite coaches who can get the most of what he has...he has one style, one philosophy, and I don't see how a backcourt of Francis and Marbury fits into that. Neither can play defense, both are ball hogs, and neither of the two are winners.

That said though, like I said up top at the start, I'm willing to give this a fair shot and see how it works because on paper alone this is a talented duo. If by season's end though, there's no signs of cohesion, Isiah should be fired, with no excuses and be stamped as one of the worst GM's in the history of all sports.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
According to RealGM.com zeke's plan is to bring in another asset in Francis for an upcoming Garnett-tarde the following summer.
This article also says that LB would have prefered to trade Hardaways contract to Portland for Ratliff and Miles, but Zeke's got his wish.
I'm sure as hell that if Garnett isn't headed to NY this summer, Isiah has made his last bad move as Knicks GM.

ACopeman

Rookie
The Knicks should Trade Francis before deadline...

:hoop The Knicks should trade Steve Francis and Mo Taylor or David Lee 2 minny for THE big ticket, KG. do any1 agree?The knics should do it before TRADING DEADLINE. Can any1 contact Isaiah and let him know what we can do with Francis by the Deadline. I mean we need players who are defensive wise and KG can help in the paint and we can try 2 trade Crawford or Q also.

I am pretty sure that no K.G. trade happens this today without Frye being involved but K.G. is one of the few players in the NBA that changes everything all by himself and we need that. NYC deserves that... the Garden, the fans.