Game Thread: - 2/24/2006 - 8.00 PM EST - Knicks vs Nets

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

8:00 PM, Wednesday, February 24th, 2006​
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN. New York City, NY​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (15-38 )
3099.jpg
3325.jpg
2636.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg
MARBURY---FRANCIS---ROSE-------FRYE------CURRY
VS
nets_logo.gif
NEW JERSEY NETS (33-20)
2625.jpg
3248.jpg
3523.jpg
3530.jpg
3622.jpg
KIDD---CARTER---JEFFERSON---COLLINS---KRSTIC

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Nets Team Stats
Nets Team Notes

TV: MSG, ESPN
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, the Knicks better acknowledge that this game is going to go internationally, so they better not screw it ip. First Knick game aired in Romania since the playoff series vs Toronto (2001)

If any of you can't see the game, send me a PM, i'll try to show it on webcam :D

GO NY!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
I'm incredibly excited to watch this. I'm not hyped about winning (tho itd be nice) just want to see a Knick game finally PLUS Stevie on the team.

Eddy will get in foul trouble but get 14 & 5.
Step will get about 11 with 6 asts
Steves going to get 18 pts, 3 asts and 4 rebs.

we have a chance to win this..but i think the Nets will edge us
and i really expect Steve to start being PG and having Steph come off the ball as the season goes on. well see what happens

very very excited tho :)

Trin_Starr

Starter
i think we'll win this one!

Francis, Marbury, Jrose and Curry are gonna put that whole team in foul trouble.

Francis is gonna cross up that retard JKidd so bad he's gonna need micro fracture surgery on his ankles...

ACopeman

Rookie
Marbury needs to step up his game and score more points 2 help this team. He is not trying to score. He is a big part of this team and he needs 2 play like it.

NYKnicks15

Starter
hed like to be but hes hurt, hes in pain. notice the sling when he sat?? this team needs to run Larry let them run, stop with the set plays unless its important parts I PROMISE theyll get back on D haha please please please Larry

ACopeman

Rookie
Another LOSS when are THE KNICKS GONNA PLAY REAL BALL. Francis had 16 and 4. MARBURY Only had 6 and 3assist. What is wrong with Marbury he is not playing to his expectations. NYKNICKS15 Do u have any updates on MARBURY PLAY THESE DAYZ. Whats wrong with him? He should be playing the hardest.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
he should be playing healthy, he has a retarded shoulder from a cheap szerbiak pick, and is so annoyed at sitting on the bench he wanted to get back playin so bad even tho hes not ready yet, not even close. so stop bitching about marbury, u can bitch about the knicks like everyone else but this is not blamed on mabury, hes fucking hurt and doing his best to try and get back on the court

NYKnicks15

Starter
no worries Peachy, it wasnt a rip it was just being uninformed :)

well ACopeman its his shoulder. like i said abouve ur reply that hes even to the extent where in TO's or sitting he wears a sling. his shoulder is hurt and hell tell u that too. he said he wont be 100% until the seasons over and i believe it. hes gonna play thru it. and it comes to the point of should u play and ur presence try to help ur team win? or sit and watch em lose while u get better? u can notice this especially when he shoots his FT's. notice the first too, not full arc. its his shoulder man...

I gotta give you guys credit where credit is due, you guys made that great late run and showed heart. But you guys need to stop being so relaxed, the only guy that showed any real heart and hated getting embarrased was Malik Rose with the shove he gave to Carter. You guys need more of that, otherwise teams will walk all over you like they are. You also need more on defensive. How many times did my boys get to the paint, well one too many for your taste. Kristic looked like a ligit all-star tonite cus u guys got no defense. Like the score is not a good reflection at all of how extremely dominate we were. We were just trying to play it out is all. You made up those 9 points or however many in less than a minute witch is impressive and I loved that 3 at the end by Francis. He made the games first FG and made the last FG. Also thank you for the big hand for Kristic for going 11-11, longest this year without a miss of any player. I know a ALOT of Nets fans were there but I saw Knick fans clapping and thank you.

Also you guys gotta make this more of a rivalry again than just Marbury being disallusioned that he is better than J-Kidd. lol. Good Luck and good game- in the last 2 mins of the 4th. J/k. Don't worry one day you'll be able to beat us and run with us again, even with J-Kidd in the line up. lol Goodluck with the rest of the season and keep ur chin up cus the future for you guys is whats really good. Just look forward to next season.

NYKnicks15

Starter
thank you. see that's true gracefulness when it comes to beating another team...are team does need help and we should look forward to next season....

BUT (now that hes gone haha) should we laugh that his team has no front court. it consists of Collins, Krstic, Robinson Padgett..wait Tim Thomas is on the way to help no worries haha. and yea it would be nice to make the playoffs...but not win the Atlantic get the 3rd and get our ass handed to us in the first round against the 6th seed Indiana :lol:

i know we lost, but i hate New Jersey. with all due respect of course :)

Allen

Benchwarmer
You guys keep saying for Larry Brown to let this team run. How are they going run and push the ball when they can't play defense and rebound?

Everything begins with defnese, a concept nobody not even the Knicks seem to understand.

Hey don't hate, immitate. lol. Hey trust me bro Nets will go far and beat Indiana and atleast make it to the last round of the playoffs against Detroit. Hell we might even finish second over Miami. Cus we can most definately handle Miami, we beat them 2 of 3 times so far and that one loss was by one point and Carter was fouled, the refs missed the call, they even said it on Sports Center.

Personally I rather my team be respected more than liked. To me respect is more important than any opposing team liking us.