Who's to Blame, Larry Brown or Isiah Thomas?

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
its not isiahs fault we are struggling this year

picking up q in the off season
gettin 3 great rookies
gettin eddie curry
gettin jalen rose
and gettin franchise

its larry brown who is not doin wat he supposed to do...

how can u find a good startin linep wen u have to change it every game...

maybe if u let one lineup play together for awhile u can be able to get the communication ...

starting lineup:

marbury
francis
richardson
frye
curry

off the bench:

jamal
jalen
woods
malik
taylor

larry brown isnt allowin them to find each opther wen he has new faces comin into the lineup

isiah is tryin to bring someone in so he can allow larry to make a final startin lineup and larry still isnt able tp figure it out....

and if u have new players and a new lineup everytime...dont call a set play everytime down court...let them play so they get the feel for each other...

i dont know why larry brown cant see that...there no communication...

larry brown is tryin to force to m uch action...let them play the sport that they are good at...if we need to calm down call a play...its simple

jamal crawford is confused .. jamal crawford is a lot better then people think he is...
its just that larry brown is always in his head....so he always hesitant with waht he does...

i think larry brown should take the blame for our struggle...

isiah has nothing to do with it

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
we need to simply do a few things in my mind, let mo taylor, shandon anderson, and jerome williams get off the payrol, trade crawford, qrich, jerome james, hopefully get a draft pick and some upcoming talent and then we can have a veteran backcourt with francis and marbury run with rose and frye and curry, we need to develop qyntel woods and butler i think they can be decent backups and then were set, we could always package crawford and a few others to go after james, or garnett, but i woudl be game with trading for picks and yougn talent, we need to get a good pick from denver, thomas is a good scouter so that should work out, i would be game with trading robinson and maybe lee, but i would rather get rid of robinson becuase robinson is somewhat limited and lee is physical and energetic, nothihg against robinson, i just wish we can stop paying ppl who dont play on our team anymroe lol, by my count this year we pay 3 ghosts as far as im concerned, 4 if you count jerome james, the knicks can be good we need to be smart about doing this, lets not put our future in al harrington to quickly, any comment, or anyting i am mistaken about... go marbury

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
alonreppinNY23 said:
its not isiahs fault we are struggling this year

picking up q in the off season
gettin 3 great rookies
gettin eddie curry
gettin jalen rose
and gettin franchise
\
larry brown pushed for that deal

nyj874

Rookie
i have to say that larry brown is the one we should blame. Isiah has been gettin us talent, its up to coach to put it together.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
nyj874 said:
i have to say that larry brown is the one we should blame. Isiah has been gettin us talent, its up to coach to put it together.

Did I miss something? Isiah got us talent?? While Isiah has drafted well, alot of his moves do not make any sense and never really seem to address any issues. Half this team is guards! What next, trade for Iverson? I did like the Curry deal, and still do. I think Brown will bring out his potential, what ever that is is yet to been seen. I have to admit that I liked the James signing because I trul;ly believed that he would be a little more motivated than he has proven to be and offer a little more production. So, I have egg on my face for that one, but all his other moves, like QR for KT was soooooo unwarrented!! Why?? Why did we need to get him? We needed size and defense and that was his answer?!? I have said this before and I will say it again: Brown has won with every team he has coached with, so you can't put the blame on him. Grant it, he might not mesh well with these players but I feel that is the GMs fault. He brought in a defensive minded coach, but supplied him with run and gun players.

Trin_Starr

Starter
They're both at fault.

Isiah got the talent in for a run and gun team, then he goes and hires a slow down, defensive coach like LB. Of course, he assumed with Larry's resume, he would be able to turn the team around.

However, more so - Larry has a huge share of that blame....Look at the players on our team - we have tons of talented players, but with Larry's egotistical and totalitarian ways, he isolated and berated the players so much that they do not want to play for him...
So expect that until 5-6 players are traded to the ones larry wants, we will continue to seem the same mess.

I was a proponent for getting larry here - i thought his defensive skills was exactly what the doctor ordered. I mean after all, when lenny at the helm and the mediocre players he had, he made the knicks exciting - if it weren't for tons of hurt players, we might have had a better record. In those games we might have easily beat a team by 30 one night and then lose by 30 the next. This was due to the lack of defense.
I thought by bringing in LB, this would all change - but boy was i wrong - now we only continue to lose by 30 night in and night out.

Larry has destroyed the psyche of this team. He has publicly humiliated his players and u expect them to play their hardest for you???
It doesn;t take a rocket scientist to figure out that being treating them like that, there is no way in hell team chemistry is going to develop.
Plus being in NY, where the media prey on ur every word and twist it to cause confusion - u know they are not making matters any better.

We fucked up, plain and simple...We should have gotten Flip but we went with the better resume.

I see know why GMs around the league warn of larry's genius and baggage. He is definitely a mastermind - a creative, sinister little weasel...
We all know those 35+ lineup changes were not necessary. He did that to have a poor record so he could get in the players he wants.
He has been undermining Isiah and playing him for a fool.
Yup, so the moral of the story is...LB fucked us over - raped us for $50mil, destroyed every remnant of the knicks, made them the laughing stock on the league.

The only thing that can save the knicks right now is if Larry gets up tomorrow with a leaky bladder, and bad hip so that he has to retire from coaching....we get to save the millions we paid him and then hire Stan van gundy to lead the run and gun team.

Allen

Benchwarmer
How is this team going to run and gun without playing DEFENSE?
You can score as many points as you want but you can't win if you don't stop the other team from scoring. The reason Detroit is so successful is because not only does Flip Saunders free them up offensively but they also still play defense like Larry Brown taught them to.
First you play defense then you can run out on the fastbreak.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Allen said:
How is this team going to run and gun without playing DEFENSE?
You can score as many points as you want but you can't win if you don't stop the other team from scoring. The reason Detroit is so successful is because not only does Flip Saunders free them up offensively but they also still play defense like Larry Brown taught them to.
First you play defense then you can run out on the fastbreak.

larry brown did not teach them how to play D, they always was good at D

Starks

Starter
U know what???? Stan Van Gundy is the best possible mtach for this team. Coaching is important, but I think Larry, Phil and, Sloan has proven to us that Hall of Fame caliber coaching can only go as far as the talent a team actually has.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Starks said:
U know what???? Stan Van Gundy is the best possible mtach for this team. Coaching is important, but I think Larry, Phil and, Sloan has proven to us that Hall of Fame caliber coaching can only go as far as the talent a team actually has.

Stand Van Gundy???He couldnt handle the heat,the best thing to do in my opinion was to keep herb and hire Paul Westphaul for offensive plays..Paul is a genious when it comes to offense..Or Isiah should have hired a great college coach

portega1968

El Cacique
Who's to blame, Larry or Isiah?

Neither.. I'd blame Dolan and Layden, plain and simple. It all started with taking on guys like Howard Eisley, Luc Longley, Shandon Andersen, etc...

Isiah and Larry inherited a bad situation.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Isiah inherited a bad situation and made it worse. Larry came into said worse situation and has done nothing to improve it. He's an overrated coach, in that I think a true elite coach can win with the talent he's given, while LB can only do things one way. Look at the Pistons now...it's clear he kind of held them back during his two years there, as since he's left they seem to have become an even stronger team. He made those guys conform to his vision rather than him conforming to them.

Still Isiah has made some horrendous moves and constructed an extremely flawed roster. And yeah Larry probably had a lot of names on his list of players he gave Isiah, but it's Isiah's job to get those guys and put them on a roster that makes sense...I'm sure Brown didn't say he watns Francis to team with Marbury.