GAME THREAD - 2/27/06 - 8:30 pm EST - Knicks @ Spurs

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

8:30 PM, Monday, February 27th, 2006​
AT&T CENTER, SAN ANTONIO, TX​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (15-40)
3099.jpg
3417.jpg
2636.jpg
3134.jpg
3514.jpg
MARBURY---RICHARDSON---ROSE---ROSE---CURRY
VS
spurs_logo.gif
SAN ANTONIO SPURS (43-12)
3527.jpg
3380.jpg
3167.jpg
3173.jpg
3272.jpg
PARKER---GINOBILI---BOWEN---DUNCAN---MOHAMMED

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Spurs Team Stats
Spurs Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

nba_fan

Rookie
horrible

This is pittiful D..... Spurs are shooting 70% fg after 3 quarters and up by 27 so far with 4 mins left in the 3rd.

Oh stevie franchise has 8 points and 0 assists so far.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
refs took this game..it was a close game till they called that pitifull call on Q, also that non call on that incident wit malik and duncan

LOL Datruth, are you joking? The Knicks were in this until the refs took it away? Funny! The Knicks were never in this, even when the game was semi-close. That shows how desperate we are... Knick fans are calling a 7 point game on the road, a close one! LOL WoW!!!!

We were never in this because we never played defense. One block the entire game and the Spurs played their bottom 5 the entire 4th quarter. Stephon still looks hurt, Francis is just confused and so with no PG to lead us, we are that much worse.

I will praise the efforts of David Lee, Q, and Frye again... they make mistakes but they make them while leaving everything on the court. I am so sick of seeing guys refuse to play D and walk toward a loose ball. Put 5 guys on the court that want to play. Q, Frye, Lee, Malik and Jalen. I do not care that none of those guys is a true PG, none are a true Center... all I care about now is that those five will go out there and do everything they can to win and will leave it all on the court. At least we can lose with some dignity and respect then.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
taylorjohna said:
LOL Datruth, are you joking? The Knicks were in this until the refs took it away? Funny! The Knicks were never in this, even when the game was semi-close. That shows how desperate we are... Knick fans are calling a 7 point game on the road, a close one! LOL WoW!!!!

We were never in this because we never played defense. One block the entire game and the Spurs played their bottom 5 the entire 4th quarter. Stephon still looks hurt, Francis is just confused and so with no PG to lead us, we are that much worse.

I will praise the efforts of David Lee, Q, and Frye again... they make mistakes but they make them while leaving everything on the court. I am so sick of seeing guys refuse to play D and walk toward a loose ball. Put 5 guys on the court that want to play. Q, Frye, Lee, Malik and Jalen. I do not care that none of those guys is a true PG, none are a true Center... all I care about now is that those five will go out there and do everything they can to win and will leave it all on the court. At least we can lose with some dignity and respect then.

7 point lead is a close game,thats only 3 possessions..it was a 7 point lead when they call that foul on Q and then he gets a technical...Q was playing a good game..when the refs make so much bad calls against u,u really dont have a chance to win because it feels everybody is against u,especially the knicks

WOW. I am as big a NY Knick fan as there is out there. I have been a Knick fan for the last thirty-something years and yet it does not make me watch a game with blinders on. That game was not decided by poor officiating (that is not to say that there were not bad calls, there are bad calls in every game, it is part of the game). That game was decided by a lack of defense, a lack of intensity and a lack of confidence. To say the refs blew that game is just looking with your heart and I can appreciate that but it is simply not the case here.

nba_fan

Rookie
I agree with Taylor Johna on this one. Tony Parker had as many assists in the game as the whole Knicks team. And here is a quote from Larry B after they cut the lead to only 7.

"Once we cut the lead to seven, it's like I never saw a pass after that," Brown said. "We have a lot of young guys who maybe don't fully understand the importance of the little things."

The refs didnt loose this game the Knicks did with poor defense and no passing. And if you dont think there D is bad....just remember how we gave up 46 points to Gilbert Arenes in 3 quarters and 71 points at the half to the Wizards.

Rob Spurs

Rookie
A Spurs Fan perspective

I like to read other fans opinions of our games and I can honestly say I feel for you.

Here is my take... you have one of the top two coaches in the league in Larry Brown, you are fortunate. But even the best coach is useless unless the players listen and respond. When the Knick players start listening to Larry and adopt his brand of basketball, you will see different results. The Knicks have a lot of talent, it just needs to be molded into a cohesive TEAM.

The Spurs players do listen to coach Pop, play unselfishly, always looking fr the open man, and Tim Duncan even gets an earful when he screws up. The results speak for themselves.

Best of luck.

That is a bunch of BS. First of all, we do not have a Tim Duncan caliber player. Secondly, though LB is a good coach it is his responsibility to play with what he has and to make the team perform up to their ability. This is not about listening... if you do not have the tools (defense, a real center, a true shooter) then you can yack all day but it is not going to stop the other team or put the biscuit in the basket. You have some valid points but it is the application of them where you are wrong. We do not have those kind of players and you do not suddenly learn defense or to rebound. The players buying into the coach is surely a part of it all but that will solve nothing by itself.

Rob Spurs

Rookie
results not title

And some of your points are valid too. True, you need a solid core of players, but if what you have (Marbury and Francis are quality players) adapts Brown-ball and defense, you will see RESULTS - more wins, not a title overnight.

Detroit and San Antonio are very solid defensive teams, one of them coached by this Larry Brown character. Not a coincidence.

Like I said, I do believe that Larry Brown is a great coach but I also believe that there are very few coaches that are "one size fits all." There are not a lot of coaches that can take anything you give them and get the most out of it. The bottom line is that right now LB has no clue as to how to bring his players together and to get the most out of them. Now, there are tons of mitigating factors (new players, salary cap, still a new coach, the NY media and expectations) but in the end, you have to play the cards that you are dealt... right now it just does not seem to me that LB is playing with the cards he has been dealt. The complaining... it is ironic that Marbury takes the wrap for saying something in the media because right now LB stirs up more problems in the media than all of the players combined.

Larry needs to show us something... anything... bench the stars and play anyone that is willing to D-up, I dunno but he has to do something.