Major Changes this Summer!!!

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
This summer we all should expect some major changes. What do you guys think will happen?? (who's going to get traded? is thomas gonna get the boot?)

Though I am not happy with the situation, I think that Larry leaves before Isiah does. Was last week's trip to the hospital and heart concerns (though it was only indegestion) a sign of things to come? Larry going to another team would cause a huge backlash from fans, reporters, players and the like but Larry retiring because of a heart condition following the advice of a doctor... well that would be his ticket, his saving grace. Food for thought.

Random Observations...

I keep seeing people proposing trades to grt KG and I think that we could very well get him but not without giving up Francis or Marbury.

I keep seeing people post championship caliber team formulas with Eddy Curry's name all over them. If you think Curry will ever be part of a winning team (a starter and real contributor) then you have been eating retart sandwiches again!!! You people that keep buying into the Curry/Shaq comparison need to put the crack pipe down. Shaq came into the league a dominant defender... a dominant rebounder... a guy with confidence and swagger. Those things will never develop in Curry... he will always be a great low post scorer but the bone-headed fouls, the lack of hustle, lack of confidence and missing-in-action defense are here to stay folks... that is the real Eddy Curry. Chicago knew it... most people that know basketball know it... it is time for you to know it too.

I keep seeing people throw Q in every deal out there but I am amazed because he is one of the few guys that you can say leaves everything on the court each night. His defense is there, his offense is coming around, he plays with passion and hustle... we need more of that, not less of it.

I believe Larry can save the Knicks but only with Larry-type players... and we do not have those right now so for that to happen, the players must change. We CANNOT win with Larry and the players we have right now.

I also believe that we are not going to win a championship with the players we have now but that we would be doing a lot better with THESE players if we had a different coach that adapted his philosophy to the strengths and weaknesses of our team rather than trying to make a circle fit into a square.

I believe that Isiah gets things done... good or bad, he does not sit idly by watching problems. Can we win with him???? I think so but maybe not with Larry as the coach because they just don't seem to be on the same page (hopefully that will change this summer with a few trades or one of them leaving).

I cannot stand James Dolan... he's a moron with a low basketball IQ and that hurts us because he goes along with whatever anyone tells him... he should set the tempo and let it all roll down from there... through the GM, the coach, the players and the Garden (fans).

I think all of you guys playing with the ESPN trade thingy are taking yourself and your trades too seriously. That is as much a reality as my owning my fantasy team. Too many of you are trying to bring in your favorite players, not players that will help what he have in place alredy.

I love the Knick Chicks (Knick City Dancers)!!! No need to trade any of them and our pride can start there!!!

Well, those are my thoughts... over and out.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
If I had to bet i would say the knicks sign mike james with the MLE. Also there will be random rumors of KG all summer but i doubt it will happen. Kevin McHale would have to be on some serious shit if he traded KG for any of our players. Anyway i hope something happens and we get some people that can play ball.

Well, I saw Kevin McHale say that he would not even consider trading KG before the summer. That was back before the dead-line when everyone started saying that we were going to get KG before the DL passed. Whether we get him or not, I dunno... but I do think that MIN is going to seriously consider it. I knew that the dead-line rumours were being

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
I will say that Mike James is no joke, but he is the last person we need, unless something were to happen to francis or marbury, if they have marbury, james, and francis, i might just cry. Somethign tells me that seeing the year mike james i having (a great one) that he is not gunna settle for a mid level exception or whatever is called.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Here's my 2 cents on the state of the knicks and what they will do over the summer.
1) KG- This will be a very heated topic but I don't think the wolves will trade him during the summer. I think they will go into the season seeing if there is anything different and if not, you may see KG move by the trade deadline. If that is so, and Frye is progressing along and shows signs of becoming the player everyone thinks he'll be, the Knicks have a good chance to land KG. But, I ask you this... If Frye starts to flourish and really show star potential, do you want to trade him? Even for KG? KG will have 10-11 NBA years on his body and that is a lot of wear and tare!
2) Steph will be gone! Weather he is cut (yes I said cut and it has been whispered) or traded, but he will not be on this roster come the start of the next NBA season. I really feel this is why Isiah and Brown wanted Frances. If he is traded, then who is he traded for? I think Odem might be revisited. LA is looking for a PG and I think Kobe can ego check Marbury better than anyone in the league. I also think that Steph can handle the triangle offense and run it effectively.
3) Al Harrington- Isiah will pursue Al and try to get Atlanta to do a sign and trade. I don’t think it will happen. Usually in a sign and trade, the team that is doing the trade will want a specific player as compensation for a taking on a year salary as well as the expiring contract that matches the salary. They will also use the transaction to force the other team to take another bad contract as well. I do not think the Hawks and Knicks are a match here, so I do not think it will get done.
4) Mike James- I think this is the strongest possibility (unless another team over pays for James). My question is this, is his game what the Knicks need out of a 1? His game is similar to Frances and Steph but at a fraction of the cost. So, is this the 1 they need to be the QB of this squad? I guess we will see because I believe he will be a Knick next year.
5) Etan Thomas and Antonio Daniels- I heard whispers that Washington is interested in moving these 2 contracts (both have 4 years left at big money) and Washington is eyeing Taylor’s expiring contract and maybe David Lee or a future draft pick(s). I guess Washington feels that they could get from Lee what they get from Thomas at a FRACTION of the cost. My opinion on this is, Thomas would be good off the bench, his energy and D (while not worth the money) makes him a Brown type of guy. He can rebound decent and block a shot as well. No offense and horrible from the foul line! But he is a defensive minded player so I think he would be a good fit. Daniels again is a similar player to what we have already. He is a 2 trapped in a 1’s body. But, he is not the worst player to have on the team but at the money he will be in the long list of over paid bench players that have identity crises. I hear he is a real nice guy though so his personality might be good for this team!!???!!

Bottom line- The Knicks are really limited in what they can do in the off season. Any team that would trade a proven player will want Frye in the package and the Knicks only have the mid to make a out right signing. So they will probably trade for another over paid role player. Not to say that they can't get production but they really need to address the cap issue vs. the talent they have. The guys that need to be traded; JJ, Crawford, Malik Rose, QR are untradable so they will still be here. This is the state of the Knicks and will be for the next 4-5 years. One last thought, I see QR defended alot but remember this he is on the down side of his career and he has some injuries that are not only reoccuring but really inhibit his game. He is an ijured player that will progressivly get worse as his anual dollar amount goes up!!

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy i think u make a lot of valid points. While i dont think the Knicks will get KG getting rid of stephon marbury does sound realistic. I think he will be phased out as the season goes on and francis will start to replace him.

If Kobe and steph were on the same team that would be the biggest two egos ever. One will end up killing the other fighting for the ball.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
kobe bryant is the biggest loser. he was such an a$$hole at the slam dunk contest. he made stupid faces whenever nate tried a dunk, and he was mockin nate when he kept missing hard dunks at 5'5....he's so fing ugly and he sucks and he's so cocky and i wanna beat his a$$ if i could...sorry its so off topic

paris401

Starter
hometheaterguy said:
Here's my 2 cents on the state of the knicks r.

This is the state of the Knicks and will be for the next 4-5 years. !!

AGREE... u never say never... but i doubt anyone will take starbury or francis with their contracts... releasing starbury.. interesting, having dolan eat 76m... i wonder what that does to the knicks cap if they release him , i don't think they get any relief... do they??

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
the knicks wont be this bad the next couple of years, i say larry brown is the problem...u cant make a player(marbury) play a different style of play, marbury didnt get in da NBA for his passing skills, it was his scoring ability and the funny thing about marbury passing way more than b4, he is averagin less assists....he averages 20 points and 8 assists for his career, this year about 17 and 6.5 assists....let the kid shoot the ball

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
datruth said:
the knicks wont be this bad the next couple of years, i say larry brown is the problem...u cant make a player(marbury) play a different style of play, marbury didnt get in da NBA for his passing skills, it was his scoring ability and the funny thing about marbury passing way more than b4, he is averagin less assists....he averages 20 points and 8 assists for his career, this year about 17 and 6.5 assists....let the kid shoot the ball

datruth, i have to disagree. i don’t see the knicks getting better in the next couple of years with the same team, at least not by much. the knicks are badly formed. everybody in the team is overrated especially as their salary goes up, the more overrated they become. i don’t see anybody on the team worth keeping except for maybe david lee. i know everyone is going to bite my head off and say what about channing frye. personally, i don’t think he’s going to be good. one reason is he’s too flat-footed and in my opinion, moves very funny. charlie villaneuva seems to have a better chance to be a star than frye. plus, the knicks keep saying that they want “basketball players” on the team but i feel they’re getting ball players who are only good playing at rucker park. i like david lee because he’s more athletic than frye, he seems like a hardworker, and i see glimpses of talent in him. he should be at least a very good role player like a better version of udonis haslem.

as for marbury and his 20 and 8 careers stats, it is highly overrated. the reason why his stats has gone down under larry brown is because brown is making him play a team game. when he played his 20-8 style, he ball-hogged and didn’t make his team better like when he was in new jersey and phoenix. people could argue all they want that he never had the talent but look at what steve nash is doing with the suns, chris paul with the hornets and even anthony johnson with the pacers. you cannot argue that the current suns without amare, and pacers without jermaine is any more talented than the knicks and they’re playing over .500 ball.

in the end, i strongly believe that all the blame ties down to jim dolan. he is the man hiring the bad gm’s such as isiah and layden. he’s the one approving the bad trades and personnel decisions made by his gm. lets not forget that it was him who pushed to give allan houston his bloated contract just because of their close relationship. moreover, larry brown should not be our coach. don’t get me wrong, i think he’s a good coach for the right team but he’s so inflexible. i’m not saying the knicks would have made the playoffs without him but they would definitely have a couple more wins. someone i would like to see coaching the knicks is the pacers coach, rick carlise, but i’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
[quote="KnicksFan112"[/quote]

datruth, i have to disagree. i don’t see the knicks getting better in the next couple of years with the same team, at least not by much. the knicks are badly formed. everybody in the team is overrated especially as their salary goes up, the more overrated they become. i don’t see anybody on the team worth keeping except for maybe david lee. i know everyone is going to bite my head off and say what about channing frye. personally, i don’t think he’s going to be good. one reason is he’s too flat-footed and in my opinion, moves very funny. charlie villaneuva seems to have a better chance to be a star than frye. plus, the knicks keep saying that they want “basketball players” on the team but i feel they’re getting ball players who are only good playing at rucker park. i like david lee because he’s more athletic than frye, he seems like a hardworker, and i see glimpses of talent in him. he should be at least a very good role player like a better version of udonis haslem.

as for marbury and his 20 and 8 careers stats, it is highly overrated. the reason why his stats has gone down under larry brown is because brown is making him play a team game. when he played his 20-8 style, he ball-hogged and didn’t make his team better like when he was in new jersey and phoenix. people could argue all they want that he never had the talent but look at what steve nash is doing with the suns, chris paul with the hornets and even anthony johnson with the pacers. you cannot argue that the current suns without amare, and pacers without jermaine is any more talented than the knicks and they’re playing over .500 ball.

in the end, i strongly believe that all the blame ties down to jim dolan. he is the man hiring the bad gm’s such as isiah and layden. he’s the one approving the bad trades and personnel decisions made by his gm. lets not forget that it was him who pushed to give allan houston his bloated contract just because of their close relationship. moreover, larry brown should not be our coach. don’t get me wrong, i think he’s a good coach for the right team but he’s so inflexible. i’m not saying the knicks would have made the playoffs without him but they would definitely have a couple more wins. someone i would like to see coaching the knicks is the pacers coach, rick carlise, but i’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen anytime soon.[/quote]

nah man, u give mabury the ball he could make the game so much easier for Q,jalen,frye and other jumpshooters..when larrry has marbury up top passing the ball around, wat good does that make..marbury is a penetrator and after gettin successful attempts he will get doubled team and that would leave the jumpshooters wide open and even curry open under the court..thats why he averaged over 8 assitss and look he averaged 7.6 assists a game in the nets and who he had,van horn??a player he didnt like...i never understood when people call marbury a ball hog, to me he over passes..and if he is a ball hog, he is good at it cuz if u shoot over 45% from da field and u r a "ballhog" u must be great

Allen

Benchwarmer
For my money, I bet not much will happen in the summer. We'll probably lose out on the KG/ Al Harrington lottery.
We'll probably sign Mike James and that will in all likelyhood be it.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
datruth said:
nah man, u give mabury the ball he could make the game so much easier for Q,jalen,frye and other jumpshooters..when larrry has marbury up top passing the ball around, wat good does that make..marbury is a penetrator and after gettin successful attempts he will get doubled team and that would leave the jumpshooters wide open and even curry open under the court..thats why he averaged over 8 assitss and look he averaged 7.6 assists a game in the nets and who he had,van horn??a player he didnt like...i never understood when people call marbury a ball hog, to me he over passes..and if he is a ball hog, he is good at it cuz if u shoot over 45% from da field and u r a "ballhog" u must be great

i don’t think larry wants marbury just to stay up top and pass the ball around. he, too, wants marbury to penetrate and dish. i think larry wants him to first get everyone else involved before he starts worrying about his own shot. that’s how point guards are suppose to act. of course, he wants him to shoot the ball if he is wide open or has an easy layup (something i think marbury and crawford can't seem to comprehend…how many times have we seen them pass open shots). what i mean by ballhog is that he holds the ball too long and dribble away the clock. good teams need ball movement. you can’t just have one player, especially not from your point guard, take all the shots even if he shoots over 45% because other players will get bored and passive, and not do anything when the opposing team double and triple team marbury. plus, involving more people in the offense will motivate them to work harder on defense.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
first u get shot down,draw the double team and open up the other shooters, but u can go wit the way u say..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
paris401 said:
hometheaterguy said:
Here's my 2 cents on the state of the knicks r.

This is the state of the Knicks and will be for the next 4-5 years. !!

AGREE... u never say never... but i doubt anyone will take starbury or francis with their contracts... releasing starbury.. interesting, having dolan eat 76m... i wonder what that does to the knicks cap if they release him , i don't think they get any relief... do they??

Wheather Marbury is on the roster or not, you still have to pay his salary... unless you trade him. I think the team is getting frustrated with Marbury and figure if no one is willing to take him in a trade, then just release him. I think the Knicks would be foolish to do that. If that is the case, I would just bench him and only use him when needed or don't use him at all. James you can do that with, but Marbury's salary is WAY to much to just cut. Especially when he could sign within the division. The more that this type of story get's out, the more it hurts the Knicks chances on trading him. Teams will just sit around a wait to see if he is cut. I think the Knciks need to put this to rest already. If he is not good for the team, just trade him for anything, it is better than cutting him and paying his salray while another team benifits from his talent!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
the problem with benching him is it might be toxic to the knicks’ morale and chemistry especially considering they are a young team. if you don't use him at all, then how is that different than just buying his contract out, maybe we could get a discount and use benching him for the rest of his contract term as a big bargaining chip.